The Official 2007 American Idol Thread

Rico

I only caught the stuff that happened near the end. The 16 year old kid who thought it'd be a good idea to juggle while he "sang" (or whatever the hell that was) was the highlight for me. He absolutely could not have sucked any more. And then he comes out of the room swearing at everyone and crying.

The best was when his mom tried to console him:

"Honey, it's OK, you're only 16 years old..."

"I know, but I wanted to start out famous! WAAAAAAH!"

I can't believe no one ever mentioned to this kid that 16 year olds with greasy hair and acne don't "start out" famous. Oh, and also this particular kid will never be famous unless he becomes a serial killer. He sucks.

so staged, not even close to being realistic. just like that ugly fat chick at the end.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ones that stood out to me last night were the ones who came with their equally chuckleheaded families and friends. The first girl thought she was a renaissance woman because she worked in a salon and shot fashion photography (probably the JCPenney/Kohl's type) . Instead, she was a size 22 Veruca Salt, and the last thing she needed was a hug and a "there there" from Mommy.

And that Scott Stapp-does-Abba, grunting grunger was not nearly estranged from reality as the pushy Dad who put him up to it. Mr. Dancing Queen Sr. says if his kid isn't going to be a hockey star with the Wild, well then he would at least settle with his kid being an Idol winner. Wonder what Plan C is Pops -- getting him a screen test with Scorsese?

These are borderline cases for child protective services.

;)

That creepy 27 year old computer guy...Anyone else picture /dev/null?

;)

As long as you're here what is your advice on the stock market? Would you recommend staying put or are you more likely to advise hedge? To me it seems that as the SEC gushes, jihad thrives. Maybe that's redundant, I don't know.

WHY I HATE AMERICAN IDOL (other than the auditions):

1. Boring. Not funny anymore once the auditions are over and done with.

2. I hate how they stall the show so much. After season 2 I gave up on watching the final 12 on the show.

3. WHY ARE THE CONTESTANTS IN THE FINAL 20 SINGING OLD AND BORING SONGS? I've never heard some of these songs. Some of these songs are from the 50s and 60s. Who today wants to hear songs they've never heard of. I sure don't.

4. TOO MANY EXTRAS. Have you ever noticed that as the show goes on they stall the show? They keep talking about more of the personal lives of the contestants and less on the singing. I hate this. I don't give a @^$! about how these contestants have become really close over the time they've been together. They're in a competition. DO you really think they keep in touch with each other aftet they've been eliminated. I DON'T THINK SO!

5. Hate Ryan Seacrest. I just do. He's very annoying to listen to.

6. Hate how much they stall on elimination night. JUST TELL US WHO'S BEEN ELIMINATED. Stop with all the "suspense" your trying to build up with. It's not working. Maybe it did for the first 2 seasons but now it's ridiculous. Guest singers, all the contestants sing a song to the crowd before elimination time, weird videos they show about how each contestant got there. WHY?

7. I hate how emotional everyone get once someone has been eliminated. "I'm sorry you got eliminated" or something to that effect they're saying. Like I said before. Do you really think they keep in touch with each other once they're gone? NO! It's a competition. You lose, you lose.

WHY I HATE AMERICAN IDOL (other than the auditions):

3. I've never heard some of these songs. Some of these songs are from the 50s and 60s. Who today wants to hear songs they've never heard of. I sure don't.

:bag:

"Simon can kiss my ass, and I do not look like a monkey!!!"

:bag:0:):D

I loved that an Amos Lee song got the homeless guy with the afro through to Hollywood on his third attempt! Arms of a Woman, baby!