What's Our Position on Nick Saban?

Ennjay

On the one hand, leaving is disruptive, especially when you've been telling your players you're staying, and who knows who replaces him in Miami (dare we dream of MM stepping up?). But on the other hand, he hasn't really done a very good job there -- and Miami has something like 22 free agents this year plus ????? at QB for the future -- so maybe we want him to stay so he can keep the Fish mediocre.

Serious opinions?

I want him to leave. He's a good coach that will eventually have Miami in a position to be annual playoff contenders.

I agree......His main fault was in dealing with Personnel....picking Culpepper over Brees...but even that he probably went by Doctors report rather than anything else. This guy flat out beat some of the top teams this year.

Eventually in the next season or two he will have a team that he completely built and will be contending in the AFC East.

His leaving would be worse than when Williams bolted to smoke pot in some far-off land. He leaves them with a major QB question (Daunte, Joey, or Lemon), an aging defense, and no clear replacement from within (I think they know better than MM). His leaving would likely cause outrage and possible legal action from their owner and would dominate headlines for a few weeks, as well. Don't forget, he has total control down there, so the postseason plan would have to change right away. I think he would eventually lead the team in the right direction, especially if they added some offensive line help. From a Bills' fan POV, Saban leaving makes life in possibly one of next season's best divisions a little easier because Miami will have to adjust to a new coach and system.

Doesn't anybody think that, if Saban leaves, Dom Capers will be ready to take over?

I don't exactly relish that thought, but then again, Miami has a lot of issues right now.

BEST CASE SCENARIO FOR BILLS/BILLS FANS:

Saban leaves for college. Fins hire Mora. Mora keeps Mularkey.

Saban is a better coach than Mora can ever hope to be. No matter who Miami gets to fill in after Saban is a step down based on who is available right now.

Damn, if Saban leaves, how do we, as Bills fans, keep Mularkey in our division. I mean, if Meathhead doesn't get promoted, will he even remain on as OC? We can only hope. I have a feeling that if Saban is gone, Mularkey is gone, and off to greener pastures and the new Boise State, quality control, trick play coach!

On the one hand, leaving is disruptive, especially when you've been telling your players you're staying, and who knows who replaces him in Miami (dare we dream of MM stepping up?). But on the other hand, he hasn't really done a very good job there -- and Miami has something like 22 free agents this year plus ????? at QB for the future -- so maybe we want him to stay so he can keep the Fish mediocre.

Serious opinions?

I hope he stays. He's a really good coach, but you can't have half of your heart into it in the NFL and be a great coach. IMO, he always has an eye on the "greener" grass on the other side of the fence and that is good news for us. Stay Nick.