Mort Chat

Rico

Jason (NYC): With the Bills showing improvement, where do they most need upgrades in the offseason if they want to make a playoff run next year? Guard, DT? And will they have a shot at resigning Nate Clements?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: The Bills should be excited about their future but you can't let Clements go. They need more beef and muscle at DT (never should have let Adams and Edwards go). Keep upgrading the O-line. LT Jason Peters is a future Pro Bowler. They have playmakers in a lot of spots with a very, very good young QB-RB-WR trio in Losman, McGahee and Evans.

====================================

Nick (Bensalem, PA): Why has no one pointed out that J.P. Losman's stats are nearly identical to Tom Brady's. They're the same for yards per attempt, interception percentage, and quarteback rating, with Losman significantly better in completion percentage. Yet Losman continues to be ridiculed by a national press that has never seen him play. Is this uppity Boston-slanted media bias?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: The only place I have seen Losman ridiculed is in Buffalo.

Nate (State College): Were you surprised by how badly the Jets lost to the Bills? How do you see the Jets season playing out?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: A little surprised because I thought when the Bills lost OLB Angelo Crowell for the season, it would be a blow for Buffalo. The Bills have more talent, though, and they match up well with the Jets. I still give the Jets a shot but I can see them losing to Vikings and Dolphins....falling short.

Jared (NJ): How good did Aaron Schobel look on Sunday or how bad did Ferguson look for the Jets? In your opinion do yout hink Schobel is under-rated?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: Bills DE Aaron Schobel is very underrated. He has 12.5 sacks and he is deserving of Pro Bowl consideration.

Jason (NYC): With the Bills showing improvement, where do they most need upgrades in the offseason if they want to make a playoff run next year? Guard, DT? And will they have a shot at resigning Nate Clements?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: The Bills should be excited about their future but you can't let Clements go. They need more beef and muscle at DT (never should have let Adams and Edwards go). Keep upgrading the O-line. LT Jason Peters is a future Pro Bowler. They have playmakers in a lot of spots with a very, very good young QB-RB-WR trio in Losman, McGahee and Evans.

Nick (Bensalem, PA): Why has no one pointed out that J.P. Losman's stats are nearly identical to Tom Brady's. They're the same for yards per attempt, interception percentage, and quarteback rating, with Losman significantly better in completion percentage. Yet Losman continues to be ridiculed by a national press that has never seen him play. Is this uppity Boston-slanted media bias?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: The only place I have seen Losman ridiculed is in Buffalo.

Nate (State College): Were you surprised by how badly the Jets lost to the Bills? How do you see the Jets season playing out?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: A little surprised because I thought when the Bills lost OLB Angelo Crowell for the season, it would be a blow for Buffalo. The Bills have more talent, though, and they match up well with the Jets. I still give the Jets a shot but I can see them losing to Vikings and Dolphins....falling short.

Jared (NJ): How good did Aaron Schobel look on Sunday or how bad did Ferguson look for the Jets? In your opinion do yout hink Schobel is under-rated?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: Bills DE Aaron Schobel is very underrated. He has 12.5 sacks and he is deserving of Pro Bowl consideration.

865777[/snapback]

Cool..thanks for that!

865777[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth. People tire out defending or demonizing him to no end (at the begining of his NFL journey) when in reality he's just a kid trying to earn respect both on and off the field in one of the most difficult and demanding position in all sports. Patience is a virtue and in this squizophrenic (spelling?) world we live in more than ever is that saying is true. Kudos to Jauron and Levy for being patient with Losman, eventually it will pay off.

865777[/snapback]

Why is it every week a Bills fan has to write about not getting enough attention? I get it, nobody picked us first in the preseason polls, and we have a hard on about not getting respect. We just come off as a pretty pathetic bunch when we so desperately need Mort's approval every week.

Why is it every week a Bills fan has to write about not getting enough attention? I get it, nobody picked us first in the preseason polls, and we have a hard on about not getting respect. We just come off as a pretty pathetic bunch when we so desperately need Mort's approval every week.

865806[/snapback]

damn right...media attention is the kiss of death anyway....remember how just one week ago everyone annointed man-GINA the Next Great Coaching Genius. and then on sunday, jauron made him look stupid.

at some point, the attention is inevitable if you're doing well, and then you just have to deal with it. but in the meantime, let's enjoy NOT being the subject of too much hype. at 6-7, and still hemorraging up the middle on defense, we don't deserve it anyway.

Everybody likes to tell these guys to go to hell when they criticize the Bills, I'll go ahead and do it when they're complimentary.

FU Mort.  :w00t:

865822[/snapback]

:P

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: They need more beef and muscle at DT (never should have let Adams and Edwards go).

865777[/snapback]

Geez Mort, get with it. Bills cut Al Edwards years ago.

He surely can't be thinking Ron Edwards, can he?

???

Uh, Edwards blew, and Adams was dreadful last year. But I forgot -- it wasn't Donohoe who let those guys go. He let Pat Williams go!

866218[/snapback]

When I read it, I thought he just brain-farted and typed Edwards instead of Williams...

but I think you're right! :thumbsup:

865777[/snapback]

Let me translate that from Mort-speak for you all.

"I didn't actually watch the game between the Bills and the Jets, so I am going to throw out some statistics that I found on the internets and let that serve as my answer."

???

Uh, Edwards blew, and Adams was dreadful last year. But I forgot -- it wasn't Donohoe who let those guys go. He let Pat Williams go!

When I read it, I thought he just brain-farted and typed Edwards instead of Williams...

but I think you're right! :lol:

Common (sic) man! Mort would NEVER throw his buddy TD under the bus and say that letting Pat Williams get away was a mistake. No siree, it was ALL Levy, who let Adams and Edwards go. :thumbsup: