EB Greens Steak House

mead107

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency this past saturday and sunday . The wife and I decided to eat at EB Greens Steak House on saturday, not very good for the money . (spent $142 plus tip , 4 glasses of wine ) This place has been in the top 10 steak houses in the USA the past 3 years , # 8 this year . Angelo's 677 prime in Albany is 10 times better .

What steak house have you been at ?

Ponderosa!!! Mmmmm...dem's good eats

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency this past saturday and sunday . The wife and I decided to eat at EB Greens Steak House on saturday, not very good for the money . (spent $142 plus tip , 4 glasses of wine ) This place has been in the top 10 steak houses in the USA the past 3 years , # 8 this year . Angelo's 677 prime in Albany is 10 times  better .

858596[/snapback]

Del Frisco's in NYC is the best steak I've had, and it wasn't _all_ that expensive....for 4 of us, the bill was around $350 or so. Of course, there were slim pickins for wine, as their wine list seemed to average $700/bottle, but there were a couple of decent ones in the $40-$50 range.

I think they have a few locations around the country. I haven't tried EB Green's, but I can't say I believe that little pamphlet they leave in your room at the Hyatt saying its top 10.

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency this past saturday and sunday . The wife and I decided to eat at EB Greens Steak House on saturday, not very good for the money . (spent $142 plus tip , 4 glasses of wine ) This place has been in the top 10 steak houses in the USA the past 3 years , # 8 this year . Angelo's 677 prime in Albany is 10 times  better .

858596[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that - I've eaten there several times and haven't been disappointed.

I hope you at least got to enjoy Jackie Jocko!

I've eaten at Morton's in Chicago& Boston, Harris' Resaurant and Alfred's Steakhouse in San Francisco, Smith & Wollensky in NYC, and Ruth's Chris in several cities - and I thought EB Green's was at least comparable to those.

(FYI, Buffalo Chop House is the new best steakhouse in town, but tough to get in - they turned Jessica Simpson away recently 'cause she didn't have a reservation!)

858596[/snapback]

I ate there when I stayed at the Hyatt and thought the same thing. I don't think that it is in the top 10 of any repuatable rankings.

Friars Table.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Friars Table.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

858754[/snapback]

Ha!

Went there last night. 4 of us $262 Great food as always. I had for dinner (and lunch today and prolly dinner tomorrow night) the 32 oz Prime.

Damn thing looked like I ordered a roast :lol:

A very nice thing about Prime rib from Friars is you don't get any bone and very little fat.

You are making a mistake if you order larger thinking half of it will be fat.

Unless you know you will need to eat again for the next two days! :doh:

Sorry to hear that - I've eaten there several times and haven't been disappointed.

I hope you at least got to enjoy Jackie Jocko!

I've eaten at Morton's in Chicago& Boston, Harris' Resaurant and Alfred's Steakhouse in San Francisco, Smith & Wollensky in NYC, and Ruth's Chris in several cities - and I thought EB Green's was at least comparable to those.

(FYI, Buffalo Chop House is the new best steakhouse in town, but tough to get in - they turned Jessica Simpson away recently 'cause she didn't have a reservation!)

858656[/snapback]

Not the most melt in your mouth piece of meat that I have put in my mouth .

No flavor

Not sure who was playing piano saturday night as the wife and I had a bottle of wine waiting in the room .

I had the ribeye and the wife had the NY strip .

I was wondering, Why would you go to a nice steak house, and order a Rib eye? Why not a Filet?

859792[/snapback]

Rib Eyes have more taste. When they are cooked well, they are outstanding. Another name for them is Cowboy Steak.

Some of the best steaks I have had were at:

1. Shula's Steakhouse (Miami)

2. Capital Grille (Miami)

3. Morton's (Miami)

4. Tuscan Steak (South Beach)

5. Prime 112 (South Beach)

6. My back yard right off the barbecue

Used to love Eddie's Chop house in Rochester. Story was told that Bishop Sheen ( a tv personality and one time Bishop of Rochester) ate at Toots Shor in New York and as he left Toots asked him how he like the state. Bishop Sheen "Marvelous Steak Toots...but it set me back 15 bucks...I can get a steak this good at Eddie's Chop House in Rochester for 6 bucks." (obviously a LONG time ago). Toots..."Sure you can, father...but when you eat that steak and step out the door...you're still in Rochester!"

I'll go with Morton's in Chicago over any place on earth.