EB Greens Steak House

mead107

I was wondering, Why would you go to a nice steak house, and order a Rib eye? Why not a Filet?

Because a filet is generally a tender cut of meat, but rather tasteless. Especially compared with a nice dry aged bone-in rib eye. Mmmmmm....my fav cut.

Leaving the bone in the rib-eye gives it more flavor when its cooking.

If you want to taste 2 different cuts in the same steak, order a porterhouse, sirloin and filet. Taste the difference for yourself.

Because a filet is generally a tender cut of meat, but rather tasteless.  Especially compared with a nice dry aged bone-in rib eye.  Mmmmmm....my fav cut.

Leaving the bone in the rib-eye gives it more flavor when its cooking. 

If you want to taste 2 different cuts in the same steak, order a porterhouse, sirloin and filet.  Taste the difference for yourself.

859862[/snapback]

Thats why I said, " to each their own " in another post.

I've had porterhouse, sirloin and Rib eye's....etc. IMO, none of those compares to a good Filet. Anything you cook, WRT flavor, is dependent on how you cook them.

Thats why I said, " to each their own " in another post.

I've had porterhouse, sirloin and Rib eye's....etc. IMO, none of those compares to a good Filet. Anything you cook, WRT flavor,  is dependent on how you cook them.

859876[/snapback]

I thought the best restaurant in Tampa was Taco Bell...at least before this onion thing! :)

Best thing about being a Chef is that I can cook a steak just as well, if not better than any steakhouse and enjoy a great bottle of wine for a hell of lot less.  And the best part is I don't even have to put on any pants.  :)

859901[/snapback]

Your company must love all those special flavors you add in their food when you cook like that. :w00t::blink:

Best thing about being a Chef is that I can cook a steak just as well, if not better than any steakhouse and enjoy a great bottle of wine for a hell of lot less.  And the best part is I don't even have to put on any pants.  :)

859901[/snapback]

Pants on fire?

:blink:

Harry Careys in Chicago

Expensive, but good. Service was excellent, the waiter was great, and he even took a pic of all of us at the table when we asked him too

Also owned in part by Marv Levy :)

858751[/snapback]

I had a pretty damn good filet when I was there a couple years ago. We were there for my fraternity's formal weekend and stayed at the house of blues right next door. Never having been to Chicago and having none of the natives with us at the time, we figured Harry's would be a good place for our first meal. We were expecting an overpriced sports bar kind of place, and were quite surprised when we opened the menu. We said ahh screw it and all ordered steaks, drinks, etc. Needless to say, the bill for our table of 8 or 10 was pretty impressive. By halfway through the next afternoon, I was borrowing $ from my girlfriend... :blink:

I had a pretty damn good filet when I was there a couple years ago. We were there for my fraternity's formal weekend and stayed at the house of blues right next door. Never having been to Chicago and having none of the natives with us at the time, we figured Harry's would be a good place for our first meal. We were expecting an overpriced sports bar kind of place, and were quite surprised when we opened the menu. We said ahh screw it and all ordered steaks, drinks, etc. Needless to say, the bill for our table of 8 or 10 was pretty impressive. By halfway through the next afternoon, I was borrowing $ from my girlfriend... :)

860122[/snapback]

I went there on vacation this summer (we caught a Cubs and Bears Preseason game, tried for a Sox but it was sold out) and we decided to go one night for a nice sit down dinner (before tryinto get in to a sox game). I was also expecting a sports bar kinds place. Its nice, but definitly not a cheap place. WE looked so out of place cause we were dressed in normal clothes, most of us ready for a ball game. We sat upstairs (probably to keep us out of view of the regular customers, lol) We went to the same one downtown, but there was another in the hotel across from where we stayed (the Sheraton across from O'Hare)