Wire at LB

duey

I really don't think we'll be seeing him there anymore - Ellison should be healthy and Manning will get on board.

People who think he'll magically be a good LB at this level need to get a reality check. The same lack of talent/instincts that he has consistently shown on the field at safety (many times a safety close to the LOS similar to a LB) still exist if you change the name of his position. His deficiencies go way beyond coverage - he has always been horrible at run support as well - consistently being out of position, getting sucked into even the slightest bit of misdirection, getting late to the play, whiffing as guys run past him, and generally just not being very good.

I really don't think we'll be seeing him there anymore - Ellison should be healthy and Manning will get on board.

People who think he'll magically be a good LB at this level need to get a reality check.  The same lack of talent/instincts that he has consistently shown on the field at safety (many times a safety close to the LOS similar to a LB) still exist if you change the name of his position.  His deficiencies go way beyond coverage - he has always been horrible at run support as well - consistently being out of position, getting sucked into even the slightest bit of misdirection, getting late to the play, whiffing as guys run past him, and generally just not being very good.

858617[/snapback]

And yet...here he is. Year after year.

It could happen, provided they don't drop him into coverage....

:doh:

858514[/snapback]

I think he's great on run support, the guy can hit also. We may see him take over for TKO next year if he can put on about 5 pounds. Get him up above 230 and the guy will be a monster, he'll be quicker than most LB's.

Wire was never a safety until he reached the NFL.  LB is his more natural position.  I think he'll be far more productive at LB than he was at safety.

858680[/snapback]

That's a real stretch there...a plastic bag could be more productive at tripping a player up in the safety position than him

:doh:

We may see him take over for TKO next year if he can put on about 5 pounds.

858678[/snapback]

To even suggest that the only difference between Coy Wire and TKO is about 5 pounds is impossible to fathom. If Wire makes this team over TKO, I would definitely question my very existence, because that would surely mark the beginning to the end of the world as we know it.

If Wire makes this team over TKO, I would definitely question my very existence, because that would surely mark the beginning to the end of the world as we know it.

858715[/snapback]

Now THAT'S keeping things in perspective! :doh:

And they're playing the Jets this week.   PLEASE, don't let Coy be left all alone facing "dead leg" Pennington on a bootleg.

858701[/snapback]

Here comes more optimism.... :)

Wire was able at times to pressure the qb. Pennington is a hit away from the glue factory, and there are 2 rookies (however good). Don't be surprised if he gets through for a sack if they toss him in there.