????  

70 members have voted

1. 1. ????

• Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
    • Justin Blalock, OL, Texas
    • DeMarcus Tyler, DT, N.C. state
    • Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
    • Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame

First off, I got this draft order from Football's Future, so don't call me crazy (they have the Bills taking Blalock).

I'd probably draft DeMarcus Tyler. He would have good chemistry with John Mccargo, and I think that he is a much better prospect than Mccargo. He is also 6'2, 305 ilbs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I can handle another Texas OL. Did Tyler play with McCargo? I don't watch any ACC games. I could handle picking Samardzija, though that name would trouble us for a good long while in WNY.

Way I see it, we need this kind of talent in the first 4 rounds: strong, pass-catching TE (or a big, tall, physical WR); brusing fullback; OT; run-stuffing DT. If one of those is not available I look for guards or LBs. This kind of draft coupled with the re-signing of Nate and luring Steinbach would make the '07 offseason the best in years.

I see us winning two of the final 4 games, bringing us to 7-9. The top 20 picks will be reserved for teams that didn't make the playoffs. There will be more than 3 teams ranked ahead of us. While I don't think we'll have a top 10 pick, I don't think we'll be picking as low as 17.

Even so, I don't think that Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn Jr., and Dwayne Jarrett will all be picked by the time we pick. I'd rank each of them above Notre Dame's Great White Shark.

The TE Miller isn't worthy of that high of a pick. I don't know that OG Blaylock is either. If we traded down, I could see one of them. But I think there will be better players available then them when we pick. DeMarcus Tyler is interesting, but I think we have enough young DT's (drafting two in last years draft). I think DT will be addressed with a veteran.

It looks like you're running off of a list of seniors as well. There will be a LOT of Juniors coming out like every year. It's my belief that one or more of the following will be available when we pick and should be taken (some of which will DEFINITELY be gone, but you never know who will fall for what reasons):

Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Jake Long, OT Michigan (Jr.)

Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech (Jr.)

Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State (Jr.)

Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC (Jr.)

Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma (Jr.)

Marshawn Lynch, RB California (Jr.)

Alan Branch, DT Michigan (Exception to the rule because he is AWESOME)

Paul Poluzsny, LB Penn State

Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

I'd rank all of those players above the players you have on this poll.

I don't want another NC State DT either.

857044[/snapback]

I'd say jury is out for a bit longer on a DT. I'm not saying at all that I want this guy (knowing nothing about him). But, I'll say that I'd like to see another year of McCargo before we come close to calling him a bust. I'll make the Bill from NYC statement that we absolutely CANNOT afford to spend a first-day pick on the secondary. :blush: Especially because I think after weeks of getting picked on McGee has stepped up his game.

well as unlikely as it is if he's still on the board then Dwayne Jarrett. I've heard he's supposed to go at around 12th overall then?

If not then Jeff Samardzija, we need a big possession receiver. Tight end in the second round (OR through free agency *Eric Johnson*).

I think we've drafted enough defensive tackles and if we're looking for a gap filler then we should look through free agency instead, if there's anyone decent available. I think we need someone who can make an immediate impact at that spot.

If not, as much as I know people will bash me for it I think we could just stick with Triplett, McCargo, Williams, and Anderson in a bit of a rotation up the middle, yesterday we faced easily the best RB in the league and well he did a lot of damage, but it wasn't him that won the game. The defense for the most part with the exception of two drives was able to hold its own, and Jacksonville ran the ball exceptionally well against us and so did Houston, we won those games.

Looks like we have quite a few holes to fill, mostly in my opinion being on the offense at WR and TE, here's hoping we can re-sign Nate Clements so that we don't have an even bigger hole to fill.

And just adding in, I think that the offensive line is fine and if we're going to add anyone it needs to be someone who can make an immediate impact through free agency, we have enough young players on the line and these guys are starting to block really well, I didn't see the game thanks to the blackout but from what I understand most of the pressure that was on Losman came from Merriman, which should be the running back's responsiblity on the blitz pickup.

I'm starting to favor taking a running back with our 1st round pick. Or a linebacker.

Pick up a right guard as a free agent, WE have two young (last years draft picks tackles) Maybe we pick up one tackle also as a FA

To me those are the areas of most need and I'd go either RB or LB. Other needs can be filled vis FA

First off, I got this draft order from Football's Future, so don't call me crazy (they have the Bills taking Blalock).

I'd probably draft DeMarcus Tyler. He would have good chemistry with John Mccargo, and I think that he is a much better prospect than Mccargo. He is also 6'2, 305 ilbs.

856984[/snapback]

We need both O line and D line. We may actually need D line more.When is the last time we stopped ANYONE in a crucial situation?? or put pressure on the QB(sorry deluded schobel supporters--he is an ADEQUATE DE) when it mattered at all?

----Quinn Pitcock SR DT Ohio St.

The Buckeye's next top draft pick who can play both the run and pass.

----Quentin Moses SR DE Georgia

Athletic and speedy edge pass rusher who could go very high in April.

----Paul Posluszny SR OLB Penn St.

One of the best ever from "Linebacker U" which is saying something.

or Blaylock.

----Quinn Pitcock  SR  DT  Ohio St.

The Buckeye's next top draft pick who can play both the run and pass.

----Quentin Moses  SR  DE  Georgia

Athletic and speedy edge pass rusher who could go very high in April.

----Paul Posluszny  SR  OLB  Penn St.

One of the best ever from "Linebacker U" which is saying something.

or Blaylock.

857139[/snapback]

Nice info, I'd take any one of those guys. But I'd prefer going LB in the later rounds since no linebacker the Bills draft would start.

178 yards and 2 TD's.  If he didn't win the game for them, I don't know who did??  :doh:

857064[/snapback]

I might be in the minority, but I think Gates was the deciding factor. LT will get his every game, no doubt. He had a great 1st half with a long TD and some other amazing runs. But Gates made things look just as easy. The TD right before halftime was a kiler and he made it look like a practice route. The 3rd down catch he made at the beginning of the Chargers' final drive was clutch.

I'm obviously not saying that he is more valuable than LT...no one is. But we shut down LT for the entire 2nd half save the last drive and it was Gates who made back breaking catches. He was the safety valve that prevented Rivers from having a dismal outing.

856984[/snapback]

I updated my avatar/profile to reflect how I felt on this subject a few days ago. As Blalock is probably the best G prospect in the draft and/or could also be a RT if Pennington doesn't work out. However after yesterday's game I'm leaning toward Dwayne Jarrett as well as think we need to find someone that truly can be a counterpart to Evans as it seems to me Price/Reed are better as depth WRs.