Donte Whitner arrested

Bills_Chick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so much for character... arrgh.

831148[/snapback]

This charge is very minor, he could serve up to 15 days in jail or pay up to a $300 fine (if this is in NY). Most likely he will receive an ACD and be told to not be bad anymore.

Still sucks though, I really didn't want to see any Bills players get arrested this year like the rest of the NFL.

This charge is very minor, he could serve up to 15 days in jail or pay up to a $300 fine (if this is in NY).  Most likely he will receive an ACD and be told to not be bad anymore.

Still sucks though, I really didn't want to see any Bills players get arrested this year like the rest of the NFL.

831429[/snapback]

Being somebody else's byotch in the clink for 15 consecutive days is hardly minor. :rolleyes:

Well, it doesn't sound too bad at this point.  They didn't say arrested on assault, just harassment.  I'm not really sure what falls under harassment.

Maybe he was holding his finger very closer to her face and kept saying, "I'm not touching you" over and over again.

831215[/snapback]

The legal definition (NYS) is to push, strike or shove. Threats can also be considered.

If this takes place in the presence of an officer, many departments have a "must arrest" policy. If not, the officer still can make an arrest if he or she feels that there is the "potential" for further violence.

Married or not, if the couple has a child in common, they are covered by the NYS Family Court Act.

Very often, men are arrested for things of this nature when an Order of Protection is involved, whereas this conduct is prohibited in every order I have ever seen. However, the article mentions no order, nor charge of Criminal Contempt, so my guess is that there was no order involved, but rest assured there will be a T.O.O.P issued at arraignment.

One arrested, one inactive. Not to worry......Marv can draft another 60 or so DBs next year and then sort it all out. :rolleyes:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :doh:

Seems like a private, domestic issue - and really not such a big deal as is being made here.

A home dispute got ugly, maybe a bit loud. Was it the girlfriend who called the cops, or the nosey neighbors at Brierwood? Do we know? If not, then why are we gossiping here like a bunch of 'wives out shopping'? :rolleyes:

Bills - 20

Dolts-17

The legal definition (NYS) is to push, strike or shove. Threats can also be considered.

If this takes place in the presence of an officer, many departments have a "must arrest" policy. If not, the officer still can make an arrest if he or she feels that there is the "potential" for further violence.

Married or not, if the couple has a child in common, they are covered by the NYS Family Court Act.

Very often, men are arrested for things of this nature when an Order of Protection is involved, whereas this conduct is prohibited in every order I have ever seen. However, the article mentions no order, nor charge of Criminal Contempt, so my guess is that there was no order involved, but rest assured there will be a T.O.O.P  issued at arraignment.

One arrested, one inactive. Not to worry......Marv can draft another 60 or so DBs next year and then sort it all out.  :rolleyes:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  :doh:

831512[/snapback]

My ex-NF cop brother disliked the "must arrest" laws - they make a mockery of an officers judgement.

If peaceful Grandpa and Grandma in their own home raise their voices and someone calls the police, he would have to haul one of them to the pokey. But they would be free to slug it out in a bar with little or no consequence if neither filed charges.

No big deal, this is like the Willis injury, We now get to see what Bowen can do, well that is considering the Bills do anything since he is out practicing with the team and not expected to miss any time. It is also a minor offence, not like he assaulted her or was caught in possession of drugs or drunk driving. Until all the details come out, no one knows exactly what happened. These days a woman could be beating the crap out of her boyfriend/husband with a baseball bat and then the second he grabs her to stop her from hitting him, its assault and he goes to jail.

Bill - I am surprised it took you that long to make a Marv drafting more DB's next year joke.