Raiders O Line

Dan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 sacks. This is one terrible offense. Gallery is making Mandarich look like a steal.

770355[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking... Gallery really sucks. But he is facing Merriman, who is simply unstoppable.

Maybe against mere mortals, Gallery would be good, but this guy was the #2 overall pick in the draft, wasn't he?

They took OC Jake Grove that draft, too, who lots of Bills fans coveted. Hard to tell how good Grove was tonight.

That's what I was thinking... Gallery really sucks. But he is facing Merriman, who is simply unstoppable.

Maybe against mere mortals, Gallery would be good, but this guy was the #2 overall pick in the draft, wasn't he?

They took OC Jake Grove that draft, too, who lots of Bills fans coveted. Hard to tell how good Grove was tonight.

770372[/snapback]

Darn right. Merriman might break the sack record this season. He's incredible, and in a 3-4 defense, he'll be rushing the passer often.

First thing I was thinking. Wow was that line bad. We've haven't had the greatest line play here, but I don't remember ever seeing us play as badly as the Raiders did tonight. Gallery did almost nothing against Merriman. Granted Merriman is truly awesome, but the rest of the line spent 60 minutes practicing their matador routines as well.

Best Raider offensive call all night: The second WR LOS pass to Moss right after the first one worked. Shockingly, they never ran it again. despite the fact on both of those tosses Moss made the DBs look foolish.

I really don't think our line looked too bad yesterday.  Except for Gandy on a couple plays we looked much improved.  Am I the only one who thinks this?

770380[/snapback]

I agree...in fact, I thought they looked okay at times last season, when Holcomb was in the lineup...not a swipe at Losman, but just as a QB needs help from his OL, they need some help from him too...I actually thought they looked pretty good run blocking yesterday, against a good defensive line...against the pass, they had their breakdowns from time to time, but Losman had some time on numerous occaisions. Things may be looking up!

I agree...in fact, I thought they looked okay at times last season, when Holcomb was in the lineup...not a swipe at Losman, but just as a QB needs help from his OL, they need some help from him too...I actually thought they looked pretty good run blocking yesterday, against a good defensive line...against the pass, they had their breakdowns from time to time, but Losman had some time on numerous occaisions.  Things may be looking up!

770387[/snapback]

To be fair, I think Losman helped his line out at times yesterday with his mobility. The blown snap on the first play is the only specific play I can remember, but I do recall him moving around to buy time on a couple of occasions.

To be fair, I think Losman helped his line out at times yesterday with his mobility.  The blown snap on the first play is the only specific play I can remember, but I do recall him moving around to buy time on a couple of occasions.

770392[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I agree...I was commenting more on Losman of last year...his inexperience last year, nullified his mobility, because, it looked to me, the game was "too fast" for him...much more poised yesterday. Assuming yesterday wasn't an abberation, I think Losman, and the O-line will just keep getting better as the season goes on...it should be fun. That is all I am hoping for this season, some measurable improvement...I was, all in all, pretty happy with yesterdays' Bills.

But this makes no sense.... :lol:

Adam Treu 3nd round

Tim Kohn 3nd round

Mo Collins 1st round

Matt Stinchcomb 1st round

Langston Walker 2nd round

Robert Gallery 1st round(#2 overall)

Jake Grove 2nd round

Paul McQuistan 3rd round

I have been repeatedly told that the way to build a great team is by drafting OL on the first day.

Now I don't know what to think. :D

But this makes no sense.... :lol:

Adam Treu 3nd round

Tim Kohn 3nd round

Mo Collins 1st round

Matt Stinchcomb 1st round

Langston Walker 2nd round

Robert Gallery 1st round(#2 overall)

Jake Grove 2nd round

Paul McQuistan 3rd round

I have been repeatedly told that the way to build a great team is by drafting OL on the first day.

Now I don't know what to think. :D

770396[/snapback]

Honk! Honk! (Sirens Blasting)....Reach Alert...Reach Alert...Go To Your Football Shelters Immediately! Repeat.....Reach Alert!!!! :o;)

I will go a year at a time, OK....

You list a third round pick....Adam Treu who was a bust, but a funny thing happened on the way to the 3rd round....OTs Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Tarik Glenn were taken in round 1. Chris Naole was also selected as a guard, as was Ross Verba.

Right you are...Mo Collins DID go in the 1st, but Kyle Turley and Tra Thomas went before him. Victor Riley and Flo Adams went just a tad later, as did a pretty good OG.....Alan Faneca.

Not a stellar year for OTs, but the first one taken, John Tait, is doing rather well. Randy Thomas was also a nice OG at pick 26.

Walker in the 2nd? You should have listed Mike Williams as a bust, however the contracts that McKinnie and Jones (picked slightly later) just signed total close to 100 million. Someone is glad that they chose them.

Well yeah, ya got me there. ;) I too thought Gallery would be great. How on earth did Max Starks last until the 12th pick of round 3? :lol: Also, Steinbach, the 1st pick of round 2, is a very good player.

Too early to comment.

Like I say, teams pretty much are forced to draft these guys, and rarely to never trade them. Do you think we can pry Starks from the Steelers?

It does strongly help of course to draft the ones who CAN play, because if you miss (as did the Bills and Raiders), you are going to pay a very steep price for years, but I suppose it is the same at any position.

I really don't think our line looked too bad yesterday.  Except for Gandy on a couple plays we looked much improved.  Am I the only one who thinks this?

770380[/snapback]

I thought Gandy did a nice serviceable job last year, but it seems like he got dominated fairly often last sunday however, may be a bit of a concern..but it's all we got so run what ya brung