We lost today....why dont I feel

because despite what happened to day our team played pretty darn well.....

- Losman has made a leaps and bounds improvement

- Our line did give time for pass protection

- For once I was not happy to see our backup RB on the field today

- We got pressure.....should have had more

Look out Miami.....here we come

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bill's got as down after a game as we did we would deserve a poor record, but we have a lot of things to work on, but we also have even more players and things to be proud of. People were calling this a blowout for New England and we played better DESPITE the penalties and run D. If we play like that everygame we are going to silence a lot of critics.

768149[/snapback]

I agree, Losman has made leaps and bounds improvement. Last year in a key road divisional game, Losman followed up a great first half by blowing a 21 point lead. This year, Losman followed up a solid first half by only blowing a 10 point lead.

Losman did not seem to have command of this offense. All too often, it seemed that we were rushing the snap count due to a low play clock, or botching the handoff - witness the 4th down play.

Besides being completely shut down in the second half, Losman twice inexcusably made himself vulnerable in our own endzone, leading to the game-winning safety.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel absolutely sick and disgusted. We were in control of the Patriots in Foxboro, and we should have won this game. Once again, Losman did not show the mental acuity to win the big game....

JDG

I agree, Losman has made leaps and bounds improvement.    Last year in a key road divisional game, Losman followed up a great first half by blowing a 21 point lead.  This year, Losman followed up a solid first half by only blowing a 10 point lead.

Losman did not seem to have command of this offense.  All too often, it seemed that we were rushing the snap count due to a low play clock, or botching the handoff - witness the 4th down play. 

Besides being completely shut down in the second half, Losman twice inexcusably made himself vulnerable in our own endzone, leading to the game-winning safety. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel absolutely sick and disgusted.  We were in control of the Patriots in Foxboro, and we should have won this game.  Once again, Losman did not show the mental acuity to win the big game....

JDG

768180[/snapback]

Wait, I was too hasty on my idiot of the year handout.

NUMEROUS times in this game, Losman stood in and delivered where last year he wouldn've crumpled in a heap. You're so myopic in your hatred for the kid that you fail to see what he did RIGHT.

Asshat.

- Our line did give time for pass protection

- For once I was not happy to see our backup RB on the field today

- We got pressure.....should have had more

Look out Miami.....here we come

768149[/snapback]

Although there were a lot of positives that you could take out of this game, I am not happy at all.

The Bills had this game won and they let it slip away.....again. Because of this, I can't be too happy right now. A lot of poeple look at this game in a positive way, but this was a game we should have won. BOTTOM LINE.

I just hope that this game does not come back to haunt us down the road.

Wait, I was too hasty on my idiot of the year handout.

NUMEROUS times in this game, Losman stood in and delivered where last year he wouldn've crumpled in a heap. You're so myopic in your hatred for the kid that you fail to see what he did RIGHT.

Asshat.

768197[/snapback]

Some people will "see" anything, just to prove to themselves that they were right all along.

If Losman was playing run defense in the 2nd half, or if he was the one throwing illegal blocks*, then you can blame him. Personally, I thought he had a very good game, considering the Bills barely aired it out today. How many long pass plays were called?

* Illegal Blocks -- Even if they are marginal calls, an experienced/good team won't give the officials a reason to even think about throwing that flag.

768197[/snapback]

He delivered what, 10 total offensive points? Zero in the second half? And how about the way he basically gave the game away by running *sideways* in the endzone, rather than forward enough to at least avoid the safety? You could say it is just one bad play, but the play before he held onto the ball way too long in the endzone, and barely avoided the safety by chucking the ball into tight coverage where it could easily have been returned for a TD. On the most critical drive of the game, Losman basically imploded in the shadow of our own endzone.

Losman had a few good moments, to be sure - but he failed to put together a complete game, and ultimately that cost us.

And finally, you have me pegged completely wrong. I don't "hate the kid." I hate losing. I only dislike Losman to the extent that he somehow seems to keep associating himself with losing around here....

JDG

I agree, Losman has made leaps and bounds improvement.    Last year in a key road divisional game, Losman followed up a great first half by blowing a 21 point lead.  This year, Losman followed up a solid first half by only blowing a 10 point lead.

Losman did not seem to have command of this offense.  All too often, it seemed that we were rushing the snap count due to a low play clock, or botching the handoff - witness the 4th down play. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel absolutely sick and disgusted.  We were in control of the Patriots in Foxboro, and we should have won this game.  Once again, Losman did not show the mental acuity to win the big game....

JDG

768180[/snapback]

I know, i cant believe losman didnt knock down the pass to chambers at the end of the miami game last year. Did you see him today? He got burned by faulk on the TD, and they he couldnt tackel dillon on 4th down. Damn JP!

I'll second JSP. You're being as big an asshat as holcombs arm.

I know, i cant believe losman didnt knock down the pass to chambers at the end of the miami game last year. Did you see him today? He got burned by faulk on the TD, and they he couldnt tackel dillon on 4th down. Damn JP!

I'll second JSP. You're being as big an asshat as holcombs arm.

768998[/snapback]

O.k., so what you are saying is that until everyone else on the team plays mistake-free football, we shouldn't be pointing out any of JP Losman's flaws or mistakes......?

JDG

768180[/snapback]

Losman attempted exactly three passes after the first drive of the second half. How exactly are you blaming him for blowing a lead? The coaching staff resorted to run-run-pass on two of the last three series. They shut down the offense and Losman only had ONE attempt that wasn't on third and long. But yeah, he is somehow to blame. Not many QBs could succeed doing that. The coaching staff did a great job of mixing up the playcalling in the first half and then went into ultra conservative mode after the missed 4th and 1 play.

And you're really going to blame Losman for the safety? He dropped back, planted his foot and was hit from behind. Yeah, that's his fault. The guy completed 65% of his passes for 7.1 ypa. He wasn't perfect when it came to running the offense but you know what, he's not expected to be. Young QBs make the mistakes you listed because their head is swimming with all kinds of other info. Once he becomes more confortable with the system these types of mistakes will become fewer and fewer.

He looked way more composed than I have ever seen him. Its one game and I saw significant improvement over the last season. Bills were one break and 2 BS calls by the refs from winning that game. Cant wait to see if they can knock off the Dolphins next week. Hopefully, JP will continue to develope.

And how about the way he basically gave the game away by running *sideways* in the endzone, rather than forward enough to at least avoid the safety?   

768996[/snapback]

John as you may or may not know, I have been more critical of JP than most, but I do not consider your quotes above to be fair.

Let me admit that I cannot remember the firsr play that you mention, but on the safety, both Peters and Gandy were soundly beaten. They both had some decent plays on the day, but came up short at crunch time.

I saw the replay twice (it is on nfl.com) and while I concede that JP had a very slight chance of stepping up, one must take into account the immediate pressure he was faced witth from the left side, causing him to move right, and there was no protection there either.

I am NOT being critical of your entire post. The kid does need work on clock management, and throwing with more finesse. For the very first time, I feel kinda good about him being able to do so.

The safety? It was the Bills OL getting crushed yet again. Watch the replay. <_<

You mean it wasn't the QB, it was the OL?!  That's the first time I've ever heard that our OL has been a problem!  How long has this been going on?  <_<

769102[/snapback]

The weird part was that they actually DID have some good plays.

The left side opened a truck sized hole for Thomas on the TD run, and on MaGahee's run, Peters stopped Seymour (who had a head of steam) right in his friggin tracks; not something easy to do.

I thought CV played well, but he must share the blame for the safety as well. There was a complete brekdown there.

Exactly. He's a bit more than midway through his rookie season in term of starts, but he's only had 1 !@#$ing start with this staff and this system. Give the guy a chance, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer got more than 9 starts before they were labeled "winners" or "losers".

769034[/snapback]

They played a lot better than Losman in their 9 starts, and didn't get benched for poor performance.

Losman's a third year player. I refuse to set his benchmark as the performance that would be expected of a rookie in Week 10 of an NFL season.

JDG