NFL's Top 101 Players

Phlegm Alley

Maybe I can save 50 other people the trouble.........

What?! No Bills on the list?!?!?!

I'm sick of the national media's trenspar...transpairen.......transperr....invisible agenda against the Bills. They're obveeiously biased against anything from Buffalo and all they care about is blowing the dolfins and Patriots in every article ever written.

Putting Buffalo at 43rd in hteir power rankings is a personel insult to my great-grandmother and I can't wait til we make them eat crow. Of course even if we win 5 straight SuperBowls they'll probably still ignore us because we don't have Teddy Brewski and Tom Brady, who they only like because he's gay.

Wait til you see the email I'm sending to Chris Mortimer!!!!!!

I put a premium on defensive players, and he's a very good one, but that may be a bit high.   Is he the top defensive player?  If so, that might be a bit high.

765198[/snapback]

If he can put together another year like last year (and thus show some consistancy) I'd say he's the best LB in the league. The guy was a beast last year.

Link

Shawne Merriman at #11??? 

BTW, no Bills on the list.

765188[/snapback]

If I was going to question a selection the first one that pops out to me is Santana Moss at 17. I wouldn't rank him in the top 50, much less top 20.

I'm sick of the national media's trenspar...transpairen.......transperr....invisible agenda against the Bills. They're obveeiously biased against anything from Buffalo and all they care about is blowing the dolfins and Patriots in every article ever written.

Putting Buffalo at 43rd in hteir power rankings is a personel insult to my great-grandmother and I can't wait til we make them eat crow. Of course even if we win 5 straight SuperBowls they'll probably still ignore us because we don't have Teddy Brewski and Tom Brady, who they only like because he's gay.

765199[/snapback]

:doh::P:P

Daunte Culpepper at 37, ahaha.

This list stinks.  They are way undervaluing MLBs like Tatupu and Ray Lewis. 

I love how Jason Witten and Nathan Vasher make the list, but theres no Clements or Takeo.

765311[/snapback]

Do you actually think Clements deserves to be on that list? I sure as hell don't. Takeo might deserve to still be considered one of the best, but coming off the most devastating injury in sports I wouldn't put money on it. At this moment in time their omission of Bills players is justified.

Daunte Culpepper at 37, ahaha.

This list stinks.  They are way undervaluing MLBs like Tatupu and Ray Lewis. 

I love how Jason Witten and Nathan Vasher make the list, but theres no Clements or Takeo.

765311[/snapback]

It is just another lack of respect....The whole season, they have talked about

the gruesome injuries to Palmer, Culpeper and Rodney Harrison and how they

have recovered from their injuries, but not a single mention about TKO coming back from a horrible injury....

Wouldn't McGee the top KR the last 2 years make it into the top 100 players in the NFL...They did not say top 100 QB/WR/RB/LB/DL....

Do you actually think Clements deserves to be on that list?  I sure as hell don't.  Takeo might deserve to still be considered one of the best, but coming off the most devastating injury in sports I wouldn't put money on it.  At this moment in time their omission of Bills players is justified.

765333[/snapback]

I think Clements deserves it much more then Nathan !@#$in' Vasher (and this is coming from a Longhorn).

Putting Peyton Manning ahead of Tom Brady is a joke.

And while we're at it, how the hell do Daunte Culpepper and Brett Favre make the list?

And no Brian Moorman?  :doh:

765215[/snapback]

???????????????

Peyton is a GREAT QB and would excell in any system. Put him on the Pats and they are a better team than they are now.

Brady is a VERY good QB and a great QB for the Pat's system. Put him on the Colts and they are worse off, IMO.

P. Manning > T. Brady

Wow.  If I was putting together a team and could take any defensive player, I probably wouldn't take any of those guys.

I'd take RICHard Seymour.

765384[/snapback]

That's just cause you like his name.

I was surprised to see him at 15. I would also consider starting with him. Polamalu is 20, not a bad player either.

On the offensive side of the ball Marvin Harrison is #47. Guess he wouldn't be anything without his godlike QB who comes in at #2 on the list.

???????????????

Peyton is a GREAT QB and would excell in any system.  Put him on the Pats and they are a better team than they are now. 

Brady is a VERY good QB and a great QB for the Pat's system.  Put him on the Colts and they are worse off, IMO.

P. Manning > T. Brady

765401[/snapback]

Sorry, get back to me when Peyton wins something. Manning is a very proficient passer who folds in crunchtime.

Sorry, get back to me when Peyton wins something.  Manning is a very proficient passer who folds in crunchtime.

765446[/snapback]

So, Trent Dilfer must be a great QB, too...right?

So, Trent Dilfer must be a great QB, too...right?

765453[/snapback]

Oh come on. Are you seriously trying to equate Tom Brady to Trent Dilfer?

Look, I think what you say is true, the Colts would not be as good with Tom Brady as they are with Manning, but I also think the Patriots would not have won 3 Super Bowls with Manning instead of Brady. The guy's a choke artist.

If I was going to question a selection the first one that pops out to me is Santana Moss at 17.  I wouldn't rank him in the top 50, much less top 20.

765298[/snapback]

Have you seen him play? He probably is top 25 in the league easily. He is top 5 receiver without a doubt.

Oh come on.  Are you seriously trying to equate Tom Brady to Trent Dilfer?

Look, I think what you say is true, the Colts would not be as good with Tom Brady as they are with Manning, but I also think the Patriots would not have won 3 Super Bowls with Manning instead of Brady.  The guy's a choke artist.

765490[/snapback]

No, but I thought that was where your logic led. I see now, I was mistaken.

You aren't saying Brady is better because he has SB wins and Manning doesn't. Your're saying Manning sucks because he chokes.

I dont 'buy that.

I also think the Patriots would not have won 3 Super Bowls with Manning instead of Brady. The guy's a choke artist.

I tend to think that if Manning got anywhere near the help that Brady regularly gets from his WRs, OLine, coaching staff and defense that we'd be looking at Peyton in a whole different light.

Cya

No, but I thought that was where your logic led.  I see now, I was mistaken.

You aren't saying Brady is better because he has SB wins and Manning doesn't.  Your're saying Manning sucks because he chokes.

I dont 'buy that.

765510[/snapback]

Fair enough.

I tend to think that if Manning got anywhere near the help that Brady regularly gets from his WRs, OLine, coaching staff and defense that we'd be looking at Peyton in a whole different light.

Cya

765514[/snapback]

Ya think?

:doh:

765199[/snapback]

:doh::P

Have you seen him play?  He probably is top 25 in the league easily.  He is top 5 receiver without a doubt.

765505[/snapback]

Of course I've seen him play and I don't think he's a top 25 player or top 5 WR. Off the top of my head I'd rather have Holt, Fitzgerald, Owens (in terms of the player, not locker room), Moss, Chambers, Smith & Chad Johnson. Imo those players are clearly better. Moss would be grouped in with the second tier of wideouts that includes players like Ward, Roy Williams and Andre Johnson.

Of course I've seen him play and I don't think he's a top 25 player or top 5 WR.  Off the top of my head I'd rather have Holt, Fitzgerald, Owens (in terms of the player, not locker room), Moss, Chambers, Smith & Chad Johnson.  Imo those players are clearly better.  Moss would be grouped in with the second tier of wideouts that includes players like Ward, Roy Williams and Andre Johnson.

765574[/snapback]

What has Randy Moss done in a couple of years? What about Owens? How can you even compare? Also, not sure I agree that Ward is a 2nd tier. He's pretty damn great, good attitude and catches everything thrown his way.

The Sporting News is complete garbage. No Bills on the list just caps it. McGahee, Spikes and/or even Nate Clements aren't in the Top 101 NFL Players then that "article" can't be taken seriously.

I also saw where they picked the best NFL games of 2006 that you just have to see. The Broncos are on there 3 times.

I'd rather wipe my behind with a dirty pine cone than the Sporting News.

Cya

765514[/snapback]

Exactly.

I've said it before; his WRs disappear in the crunch time situations. Marvin Harrison can get open all the time......until the playoffs, where he whines about the press coverage instead of just doing what he does all during the regular season. To make the blanket statement that Peyton Manning is the reason the Colts don't advance is false.

Cya

765514[/snapback]

Manning had Harrison and James. Brady has never played with anyone who compares to those two.

Manning needs to learn the lessons that Marino and Elway did. You can't focus on the QB and expect to win the SB. Elway learned it and gave way to the idea that defense and running the ball wins SB's and he has a couple of rings. Marino never learned it and never had a sniff beyond his first year. :doh:

Exactly. 

I've said it before; his WRs disappear in the crunch time situations.  Marvin Harrison can get open all the time......until the playoffs, where he whines about the press coverage instead of just doing what he does all during the regular season.  To make the blanket statement that Peyton Manning is the reason the Colts don't advance is false.

765765[/snapback]

Did you catch Gary Myers on Sirius yesterday afternoon just slamming the hell out of Peyton Gump and Loser Dan Marino? It was just brilliant... my favorite part was when he rated Jim Kelly over both of them,"at least he made it to 4 Super Bowls. " :doh:

Did you catch Gary Myers on Sirius yesterday afternoon just slamming the hell out of Peyton Gump and Loser Dan Marino? It was just brilliant... my favorite part was when he rated Jim Kelly over both of them, "at least he made it to 4 Super Bowls." :doh:

765770[/snapback]

I missed that. Good thing I did. Anyone who would be ignorant enough to slam a record setting Hall of Famer like Marino and a guy who looks to be a strong candidate for the Hall of Fame when he retires like Manning is someone to be filed in the "consider the source" circular file.

I missed that.  Good thing I did.  Anyone who would be ignorant enough to slam a record setting Hall of Famer like Marino and a guy who looks to be a strong candidate for the Hall of Fame when he retires like Manning is someone to be filed in the "consider the source" circular file.

765771[/snapback]

Oh, he said they were great QBs and all, but they can't be ranked with the very best due to the major hole in their resume. Carl Banks agreed. :doh:

Oh, he said they were great QBs and all, but they can't be ranked with the very best due to the major hole in their resume. Carl Banks agreed. :doh:

765772[/snapback]

Banks is a guy I can't tolerate on Sirius. He seems to be intent on being the guy who says things just to be a lightning rod for controversy (he's a big TO apologist). Yet another shining example of how great players don't always make great broadcasters.

Banks is a guy I can't tolerate on Sirius.  He seems to be intent on being the guy who says things just to be a lightning rod for controversy (he's a big TO apologist).  Yet another shining example of how great players don't always make great broadcasters.

765775[/snapback]

Yeah... he was pretty good yesterday though. :o