Jonathan Smith = Lawyer Milloy?

Dawgg

Just like Milloy departed the Pats to join the Bills right before the first regular season game with full knowledge of the Patriots' playbook, Fast Freddie may provide the Patriots with a similar advantage this week.

761237[/snapback]

Right, because an experience veteran QB of the defense and a young, marginal WR/ST player have the same grasp of their team's approach....

Just like Milloy departed the Pats to join the Bills right before the first regular season game with full knowledge of the Patriots' playbook, Fast Freddie may provide the Patriots with a similar advantage this week.

761237[/snapback]

I dunno, you can run so many different plays out of the same formation I just don't think you can really gain that much info. Besides, if this was really such a great advantage, don't you think every team would do it?

They can probably glean a little from him with tendancies of the WR corps, basic offense but how is this anything BB can't see for himself?

You don't honestly think coaches show players all 52 cards in their hand --- especially when they know ~30 of these guys will be cut or on other teams!? There's a reason why they run vanilla schemes in the preseason.

As an analogy, Shakespeare, etc. would give each actor only his own lines and the lines buttressing his lines for cues. That way, any one actor could not go elsewhere and get paid to replicate the Bard's play. I imagine it's the same concept here.

761237[/snapback]

So what exactly do they have in common then besides nothing? Unless Jonathan Smith suddenly became a multiple time pro bowler who was a team leader and a highly respected member of the team?

Last time i checked too, bills players werent shocked by this move either.

761237[/snapback]

To add to this discussion, allow me to re-post something I added to another thread:

.... really, people, do we think that Freddie has such a photographic memory that, deep in the bowels of the Pats training facility, he will divulge the entire Bills playbook? Please.

I can see it now, dim lighting like in 24, Belichek and Freddie...

BB: Now Fred, about the playbook

FF: Um... yeah.... on this play, I was supposed to run fast down the field...

BB: Good, good... *smirking as he makes notes* And on this play?

FF: Um... yeah.... I was supposed to run fast down the field...

BB: *cackling with evil glee* I knew it! Mwahahahahaha! And on punt returns?

FF: Um... yeah.... I am supposed to run fast down the field...

*Cut to commerical as the clock ticks toward opening day*

If the Pats crush the Bills on Sunday, which is quite possible, it will not be because of Fast Freddie.

Seriously, do the Patriots even need that kinda advantage?

761265[/snapback]

Probably not... I'm pretty sure the main reason they signed him was to return punts, he can be one of the best in the league. Any intel that he can give them on the Bills is just a bonus.

So what exactly do they have in common then besides nothing? Unless Jonathan Smith suddenly became a multiple time pro bowler who was a team leader and a highly respected member of the team?

Last time i checked too, bills players werent shocked by this move either.

761257[/snapback]

I think the real reason for SMtih going to Pats is that Belichek must have been

impressed at how he returned the Punt return for TD against the Patriots...

These Coaches watch so much tape and breakdown there breakdowns of players and plays, they probly know when each other has to take a sh--. Frddie left a week before the pats game Milloy came like two days before, the bills havent practiced since there game with the giants, freddie should know notta about the gameplan for the pats game as monday they should implement that.

Damn, and here I thought you were going to tell us what they had in common.

761239[/snapback]

Well, seeing as Dawgg... well, dogged it, let me provide the proper analysis:

Jonathan Smith and Lawyer Milloy share a common letter - "a" in their first names, AND Two common letters - "m" and "i" in their last names.

Although some would place a special significance to the fact that the shared letters in their last names are both: together (i.e., next to each other - as in side-by-side) and in the same order (i.e., "mi"), I subscribe to the notion that it (the cojoining and ordering of the two letters) is pure happenstance.

A further examination reveals the "M" in Lawyer's dipthong is capitalized, whereas the same ligature in Smith's is not. This clearly reveals Milloy's superiority and therefore events surrounding his acquisition must be considered of greater consequence i.e., more important than the events surrounding Smith's demise as it were from The Bills roster. e.g., a bear is more important than a bear turd.

I respectfully submit this in the faint hope that it will unburden the concerns of many that the Pasties will get such an emotional lift - and The Bills suffer such an emotional let down that we will have lost the game before the opening coin toss.

761237[/snapback]

No way.

Are you comparing a Pro Bowl veteran (Milloy) to a marginal 6th WR/ST player (Smith) that was still trying to learn a new offense? :w00t:

Bellichek does not need Smith to come up with a game plan. :w00t:

Well, seeing as Dawgg... well, dogged it, let me provide the proper analysis:

Jonathan Smith and Lawyer Milloy share a common letter - "a" in their first names, AND Two common letters - "m" and "i" in their last names.

Although some would place a special significance to the fact that the shared letters in their last names are both: together (i.e., next to each other - as in side-by-side) and in the same order (i.e., "mi"), I subscribe to the notion that it (the cojoining and ordering of the two letters) is pure happenstance.

A further examination reveals the "M" in Lawyer's dipthong is capitalized, whereas the same ligature in Smith's is not. This clearly reveals Milloy's superiority and therefore events surrounding his acquisition must be considered of greater consequence i.e., more important than the events surrounding Smith's demise as it were from The Bills roster. e.g., a bear is more important than a bear turd.

I respectfully submit this in the faint hope that it will unburden the concerns of many that the Pasties will get such an emotional lift - and The Bills suffer such an emotional let down that we will have lost the game before the opening coin toss.

761298[/snapback]

:w00t:

The evidence is irrefutable! I haven't seen such a credible in depth analysis since someone posted that Loose Change video

:w00t: