Aw Crikey!!!

smokinandjokin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too! at least he died doing what he loved and was with his daughter whom he also apparently loved and was teaching her the appreciation he had for wildlife! aw man this sucks!!!!!

Oh man, that's awful....:w00t: 

I really lked that guy.

761088[/snapback]

This is a bummer. 

I wonder if they'll have two separate funerals.

One for the person Steve Erwin

And the other for his enormous marble sack that he usually had to tow behind him in a tractor trailer.

RIP buddy. :D

761133[/snapback]

:w00t::lol::D:D

Sad day indeed...Always liked the guy even though I thought he was a little wacky jumping on big azz crocodiles. A huge loss for Australia as I think he was the face of Australia to the US and the rest of the world. Rest in Peace Mate.

The guy jumps on crocodiles, handles cobras, swam with sharks, and ends up getting killed by an animal that you can pet at some zoos. It makes you shake your head.

I got stung by a small stingray out on the coast of one of the Florida Keys because I stepped on it, got me in the calf, it hurt like hell, but about a zillion other times we would swim or wade right by them with no problem.

I never really watched his shows, but from some of the interviews he did you could tell that the guy was genuine and really just wanted to educate people about what he did.

What a way to go, a stingray barb to the heart.

A stingray barb is designed to do maximum damage on the way out, so the poor guy probably had his ventricle ripped right open.

RTB

761203[/snapback]

That sounds like what happened; this morning's reports say it punched a hole in his heart. Which would put it in the category of "freak accident"; stingrays are not known for causing death by penetrating heart trauma.

The guy's shtick wore thin on me after a while, but I couldn't help but respect him as a passionate wildlife lover and conservationist. Too bad.

This is huge news here.

Everyone is talking about it.

FYIW, aside from the obvious grief to his family and friends, there loss is felt, the guy built a huge empire employing hundreds.

His "Australia Zoo" is one of, if not the #1 tourist destination in Qld- against Dreamworld, Seaworld, Movieworld.

He also put big $ into environmental projects including wetlands for endangered species. He went out filming a documentary, with his daughter Bindi about animals that kill. Apparently, the barb on the tail of a stingray penetrated his heart, killing him.

All in all it's pretty tragic.

761136[/snapback]

Yeah this kinda sucks, I liked him as did my wife. I'm sure it's big news out there. I've got friends out there in Melbourne that talked about him quite a bit, I'm sure I'll get an email sometime today.

Bah.

Yeah this kinda sucks, I liked him as did my wife.  I'm sure it's big news out there. I've got friends out there in Melbourne that talked about him quite a bit, I'm sure I'll get an email sometime today.

Bah.

761244[/snapback]

Hey mcjeff from Melbourne... It's on all the news. There will be a state funeral, he did so much for Oz. Sorry to the others, but there was no schtick...what you saw was what he was...no schtick. Sometimes hard to take, i'll agree- how can someone be so "up" all the time, but, yep, that he was. Sad day for the wildlife too.

What a way to go, a stingray barb to the heart.

A stingray barb is designed to do maximum damage on the way out, so the poor guy probably had his ventricle ripped right open.

RTB

761203[/snapback]

Thanks for that graphic.

People dying sucks but the question is, is it better to die young doing something you love or at the age of 95 in hospital bed drooling on yourself? Seeing I'm one year older than the "Crock-Dude" I'll get back to you on that one.

Thanks for that graphic. 

People dying sucks but the question is, is it better to die young doing something you love or at the age of 95 in hospital bed drooling on yourself?  Seeing I'm one year older than the "Crock-Dude" I'll get back to you on that one.

761300[/snapback]

You're absolutely right, he died doing what he loved, which is probably the way he would have wanted to go, though maybe not so soon.

RIP Steve, we'll miss you!