Sigh... The boy went to Kindergarten today

SDS

We loaded him on the bus with his Power Ranger's backpack and lunch box and he didn't even turn around at the steps to wave...  :(  Man, it seems like only yesterday I was watching playoff football while Deborah was in labor.  :P

Holy crap do I feel old.

754034[/snapback]

Scott, Millie and I drove my oldest daughter Amanda to her first day of school. She had a big smile and like your son, never looked back. Millie was pretty OK as well, but I was fully traumatized, to the extent that I dropped Millie off at home, telling her that I needed to be alone for a while. Now, my baby is 22.

Not that you need to hear it from me, but I strongly urge you to savor every moment, because time is just so fleeting. I am still doing it. Amanda stayed over the house this weekend (she has an apartment in Manhattan). I got to talk to her, feed her, and spend time with her. <_<

Again, NOT to lecture, but THE greatest gift you can give to someone is time.

Enjoy Brother! :);)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't get any better either, SDS. Next Week your kid will be a freshman like mine. He was Born 1/26/92. That date may mean something to some of you here. The Bills got waxed by the Redskins about 12 hours after my son was born.(where is the f-u smiley when I need it?)

Anyway, congrats on your Kindergartner, good luck with the Freshman. Like I said, it wont be long...

I still can't recall when the backpack craze started for the youngens? I started K in 1973... All I had was my Kung-Fu lunch box... I wish I still had it!

"Everybody was kung-fu fighting... Those cats were fast as lightning!"

:P<_<

My son is in 3rd grade and daughter in pre-k (4 years old)... They look like pack mules... :)

I still can't recall when the backpack craze started for the youngens?  I started K in 1973... All I had was my Kung-Fu lunch box... I wish I still had it!

"Everybody was kung-fu fighten'... Those cats were as fast as lighting!"

:P  <_<

My son is in 3rd grade and daughter in pre-k (4 years old)... They look like pack mules... :)

754875[/snapback]

My favorite lunch box with Get Smart.

Em went back to daycare fulltime for the first time today since June. Suprisingly, she had no issues at drop-off. Though a lot of people say daycare is bad for kids, I disagree. I think it's great to have kids learning prior to kindergarten, and Emily seems to really love it.

Em went back to daycare fulltime for the first time today since June. Suprisingly, she had no issues at drop-off. Though a lot of people say daycare is bad for kids, I disagree. I think it's great to have kids learning prior to kindergarten, and Emily seems to really love it.

755013[/snapback]

I agree. I can't say enough about the daycare for our son. We were very lucky to get in where we did. At 18 months he knew all his ABC's and could count to 10. He stays home one day a week with his mom, but she says sometimes it seems like he is bored and misses his daycare buddies.

Andrew has a litle more apprehension in his face than I think he really had, but here is my candid at the bus stop yesterday!  I should submit this one to Time/Life! :doh:

post-1-1156853411_thumb.jpg

755004[/snapback]

Boy how have times changed. My first day of school my mom told me to quit crying and get the hell out of here! :unsure:

Great picture!  This thread is one of the best I've seen in a while.  Makes me emotional reading it.  :doh:  :unsure:

755406[/snapback]

[hijack]Lana, need your help...I dropped a fifty...[/hijack]

Why is it that women get so emotional about kids going off to school, anyway? Not that there's anything wrong with it...I just don't understand it...

[hijack]Lana, need your help...I dropped a fifty...[/hijack]

Why is it that women get so emotional about kids going off to school, anyway?  Not that there's anything wrong with it...I just don't understand it...

755409[/snapback]

[hijack]Oh, that was yours?? Sorry, I've already spent it. Had to replace my gel bras. :doh: [/hijack]

It wasn't exactly about his boy going off to school. It was the posts from some of you guys (BillFromNYC, for example) giving advice. I dunno, just thought it was sweet. :unsure: