NALL BALL

major

I have this strange feeling that Nall still might be our starter come week one. I still believe Jauron and Levy brought him in with the intention of him being our starter.

As for me, I don't care who starts, just as long as we win. I've had a Losman jersey since he was a rookie; therefore, I hope he does well. I always like to wear the starters.

I'd say at this late point in the competition there is no way Nall starts unless A) Losman gets hurt AND B) Nall gets some reps with the first team in the next two PS games and looks good AND C) Nall lead the Bills to 4+ more TDs than turnovers in the next two games combined.

Edited by Matt in DC

I have this strange feeling that Nall still might be our starter come week one. I still believe Jauron and Levy brought him in with the intention of him being our starter.

As for me, I don't care who starts, just as long as we win. I've had a Losman jersey since he was a rookie; therefore, I hope he does well. I always like to wear the starters.

751625[/snapback]

It would be stupid to give Losman 75% of the snaps during training camp only

to give Nall the starting job after training camp is over.

What I think will happen is Losman will start behind Center on opening day.

If he gets injured, Nall gets his shot at leading this team.

I think ML and DJ brought Nall in to Up the QB competition and have the best

guy win it. I don't think they were tied to any of the 3 QBs as the starter...If

that were the case, then it would be poor of ML/DJ to give the majority of

the snaps in training camp to Losman only to hvae Nall start the season....

Am I the ONLY one who wants Nall to be the starter.

751651[/snapback]

May I ask why? What have you seen thus far that makes you believe he would be an upgrade from JP? He's never started a game in his career. I would have liked to see him get a chance to start in pre-season, but he was hurt and that blew his chance. I would definitely not want him to start without seeing what he can do against first stringers.

I think some people out there just want to see Nall start for the sake of starting. As others have pointed out, he has shown NOTHING to warrant starting in the NFL. He's never started a game and has shown to be rather mediocre to average at best during training camp.

In his two or three series of work during the Bengals game, he looked average against 3rd stringers playing a prevent defense. Would it have been nice for him to start a preseason game? Yes, but he was hurt and that's life. Time is up to keep messing with this offense if it's going to have even an ounce of success. JP has received the reps of a starter and we need to stick it out to see if JP is the QB of the future.

Nall can end up being a quality starter..................on Madden. I put him on the Bills after I heard he was going to be here. I trained him in the TC, started him, and he ended up in the Pro Bowl. :P

Am I the ONLY one who wants Nall to be the starter.

751651[/snapback]

Did you finally make up your mind? :P

I've said it from the beginning of camp -- I don't think Nall was brought in to start. He was brought in to put pressure on JP, the guy everyone in the front office wants to be the starter and expected to be the starter. He was brought in, in part, to make it LOOK like it was a real competition for the job.

Nall is nothing more than a backup -- 3rd string at that. Levy knew it when he brought him in, and we all know it now. Is he better than KH? We'll find out tomorrow. Is he better than JP? No. And he was never expected to be.

This has not been a 100 percent open "competition" no matter what the spin doctors say at OBD. If it were, they would have brought in someone to really threaten JP's job rather than a guy who got ran out of GB and couldn't get higher than 3 on the depth chart.

JP is the starting QB on the team. Has been since Mularkey left town. The orginzation has too much invested in him NOT to make him the starter for at least a full season.

Mostly it's my gut feeling, but some of it is not. Nall played behind Farve and most likely learned a great deal about playing that position. Yeah, I know I've here I here so MANY times, that Nall was the third string Qb, but who cares really. Sometimes backups even third string Qb's make the starting Qb role. I just don't think Jp is the real deal.

Mostly it's my gut feeling, but some of it is not.  Nall played behind Farve and most likely learned a great deal about playing that position.  Yeah, I know I've here I here so MANY times, that Nall was the third string Qb, but who cares really.  Sometimes backups even third string Qb's make the starting Qb role.  I just don't think Jp is the real deal.

751758[/snapback]

Because, like, Aaron Brooks is all-world.

Mostly it's my gut feeling, but some of it is not.  Nall played behind Farve and most likely learned a great deal about playing that position.  Yeah, I know I've here I here so MANY times, that Nall was the third string Qb, but who cares really.  Sometimes backups even third string Qb's make the starting Qb role.  I just don't think Jp is the real deal.

751758[/snapback]

Nall likely learned as much behind Favre as JP did behind Bledsoe.

Nall likely learned as much behind Favre as JP did behind Bledsoe.

752089[/snapback]

No no, JP holds the ball too long sometimes still and eats turf. Who do you think he learned *that* from?

In his two or three series of work during the Bengals game, he looked average against 3rd stringers playing a prevent defense.

751675[/snapback]

If Nall played "average" what does that make Jp's performance? Seeing as Nall neither threw a pick for a td or lost 2 fumbles.... just sayin :w00t:

I dont really have an opinion on who should start other then Holcomb shouldnt, but I'm very interested in seeing Nall get extended playing time, as well as JP cutting down on his mistakes.