Top 10 Coolest Actors Of All Time

Rico

Link

TOP 10 COOL SCREEN GUYS: 1 Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction, 1994 (21%)' 2 Steve McQueen in Bullitt, 1968 (19%)' 3 Brad Pitt in Fight Club, 1999 (14%)' 4 Al Pacino in Carlito's Way, 1993 (13%)' 5= Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, 1975 (10%)' 5= Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke, 1967 (10%)' 7= Mickey Rourke in Sin City, 2005 (4%)' 7= James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause, 1955 (4%)' 9= Benecio Del Toro in The Usual Suspects, 1995 (3%)' 9= Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, (3%).
No Bogie, Brando, or DeNiro, what a BS list. :flirt:

And Jack's coolest is obviously Chinatown. :P

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

No Bogie, Brando, or DeNiro, what a BS list. :devil:

And Jack's coolest is obviously Chinatown. 0:)

748832[/snapback]

Benicio Del Toro wasn't even the coolest characters in The Usual Suspects, let alone of all time.

Also, where the hell is John McClane? Yippie Ki Yay!

Benicio Del Toro wasn't even the coolest characters in The Usual Suspects, let alone of all time.

749115[/snapback]

Gabriel Byrne was way cooler than Del Toro.

In fact, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it was the coolest performance ever by a guy named Gabriel.

no one and I mean no one was Cooler than Wooderson in Dazed and Confused...

Wooderson: The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooderson: Say, man, you got a joint?

Mitch: No, not on me, man.

Wooderson: It'd be a lot cooler if you diid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christopher Walken - King of New York

Mel Gibson - Payback (the man's a fool and I may never watch another one of his movies, but this is a good one and he's a badass in it!)

Nicolas Cage - Wild at Heart (you may scoff at this one, but take another look at what he does to Bobby Ray Lemon)

Charles Bronson - Death Wish

no one and I mean no one was Cooler than Wooderson in Dazed and Confused...

Wooderson: The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N.

Wooderson: Say, man, you got a joint?

Mitch: No, not on me, man.

Wooderson: It'd be a lot cooler if you diid.

749141[/snapback]

That's what I like about highscool girls: I keep getting older, and they stay the same age.

DeNiro/Pacino - "Heat".

Clint and the end of "Unforgiven".

Christian Slater in "True Romance".

Judd Nelson in "Breakfast Club".

Kevin Smith in "Clerks".

749208[/snapback]

Please tell me you were unable to insert the sarcasm smiley when referring to Christian SLater and Judd Nelson. No problem with Clint and the DeNiro/Pacino team, however.

For some of the olde folks out there (stuckincincy, perhaps).....I would offer James Stewart in ANY Hitchcock movie, and certainly in Flight of the Phoenix, Henry Fonda in Grapes of Wrath, Roy Schieder in Jaws, Gene Hackman as Popeye Doyle, Alec Baldwin in great supporting turn in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Nicolas Cage - Wild at Heart (you may scoff at this one, but take another look at what he does to Bobby Ray Lemon)

749166[/snapback]

That was one of the coolest scenes ever - perfectly scored with Powermad doing Slaughterhouse in the background - makes you just want to go out and beat someone... :devil:

That was one of the coolest scenes ever - perfectly scored with Powermad doing Slaughterhouse in the background - makes you just want to go out and beat someone... :devil:

749479[/snapback]

My favorite part is right before the ass kicking, when Sailor just goes "uh oh," not because he has any doubt about taking this clown apart, but because he knows he HAS to and that it will land him in trouble again.

Please tell me you were unable to insert the sarcasm smiley when referring to Christian SLater and Judd Nelson.  No problem with Clint and the DeNiro/Pacino team, however.

For some of the olde folks out there (stuckincincy, perhaps).....I would offer James Stewart in ANY Hitchcock movie, and certainly in Flight of the Phoenix,  Henry Fonda in Grapes of Wrath, Roy Schieder in Jaws, Gene Hackman as Popeye Doyle, Alec Baldwin in great supporting turn in Glengarry Glen Ross.

749357[/snapback]

Roy Schieder was not cool in Jaws; that was the whole point (he was facing and overcoming his fear, which is heroic. But not "cool".) Robert Shaw, on the other hand, was cool.

Someone who hasn't been mentioned - and most will disagree with, I'm sure - is Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean" (the first specifically, not the second). Yes, he plays the character slightly prissy and foppish...but even ignoring the rest of the film, just the icy stare he guns down Barbossa at the end should be enough.

And while I'm at it, I'll give props to John Travolta in "Get Shorty".

Along the lines of the Wooderson nomination (which is a great call tater) I must also nominate Eric "Otter" Stratton from Animal House. On a straight coolness factor, nobody nailed it better than Otter. The speech in front of the review board (and winking at Dean Wormer after 'taking liberties' with his wife) is classic.

Please tell me you were unable to insert the sarcasm smiley when referring to Christian SLater and Judd Nelson.  No problem with Clint and the DeNiro/Pacino team, however.

749357[/snapback]

I actually thought Slater was cool in that movie. He offed Drexl, schmoozed Lee, and got away with the girl and the money. Alabama said, "You're so cool."

Jay in 'Dogma': "Judd Nelson was harsh."

I stand by these proclamations, trivial as they may be. I'll second the Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. "It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear."

Sean Connery - James Bond, early version

749173[/snapback]

Good call. Cool as anything & multiple movie performances of the same character.

How did he not get in?

Who voted for these anyway? 18 & unders?

I'm trying to think of my top 10 here......

Clint - The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Harrison Ford - Star Wars Trilogy...how was this missed????

Michael Caine - Italian Job

Christian Slater - Pump up the Volume.

Matthew Broderick - Ferris Beuller's Day off.

I don't believe I'm saying this but.....

Kantactu Reeves - Matrix(1)