Some Losman Bashing

ricojes

The following question was submitted today:

Would you still take a chance on Chester Taylor even though the Vikes will probably have no passing attack to speak of? Can you say 8 man fronts?

Without any mention of the Bills in previous posts Scott Engel comes back with:

Brad Johnson will at least keep defenses honest, and he'll throw to Taylor a lot as well. That's not JP Losman back there.

Thought the JP comment was unnecessary, but I guess it speaks to what FF "experts" think about him. I could care less about what Engel writes, but just thought it was a curious out of the blue comment to make.

Would you still take a chance on Chester Taylor even though the Vikes will probably have no passing attack to speak of?  Can you say 8 man fronts?

Brad Johnson will at least keep defenses honest, and he'll throw to Taylor a lot as well. That's not JP Losman back there.

Thought the JP comment was unnecessary, but I guess it speaks to what FF "experts" think about him.  I could care less about what Engel writes, but just thought it was a curious out of the blue comment to make.

748529[/snapback]

LOL. I don't understand how it's so hard for Bills fans to realize that Losman has looked like total garbage for his short lived career so far. We all have hopes that he'll improve, but c'mon, this observation shouldn't shock anyone.

Here's hoping JP can prove em all wrong, but if everyone didn't have some serious doubts, well, let's just say you'd be up for homer of the year.

We'll all find out this year. No way Holcomb sees the field that much this season. At least, barring injury.

LOL.  I don't understand how it's so hard for Bills fans to realize that Losman has looked like total garbage for his short lived career so far.  We all have hopes that he'll improve, but c'mon, this observation shouldn't shock anyone.

748533[/snapback]

"Total garbage" would be not completing a single pass. "Total garbage" is not reading your own playbook. You have no idea what "total garbage" even means. Bashing Buffalo is just what the sports meadia likes to do. Don't make the mistake of thinking these boneheads actually know something.

PTR

I think you would have to be the ultimate homer to draft JP in your FF league. I hope the kid succeeds but I'm not willing to put any type of money on it.

748534[/snapback]

I agree and I wouldn't draft JP either. Just thought the comment was a little rough. Especially when Engall has Willis high on his draft board.

What FF people say about the professional sport of football actually has nothing...repeat, NOTHING...to do with the professional sport of football.

748535[/snapback]

Definitely agree with that, repeat DEFINITELY agree with that. The FF "experts" are want to be broadcasters that can't make it....

I agree and I wouldn't draft JP either.  Just thought the comment was a little rough.  Especially when Engall has Willis high on his draft board.

Definitely agree with that, repeat DEFINITELY agree with that.  The FF "experts" are want to be broadcasters that can't make it....

748541[/snapback]

I suspect they are also, like me, severely Madden-challenged.

LOL.  I don't understand how it's so hard for Bills fans to realize that Losman has looked like total garbage for his short lived career so far.  We all have hopes that he'll improve, but c'mon, this observation shouldn't shock anyone.

Here's hoping JP can prove em all wrong, but if everyone didn't have some serious doubts, well, let's just say you'd be up for homer of the year.

We'll all find out this year.  No way Holcomb sees the field that much this season.  At least, barring injury.

748533[/snapback]

total garbage- sf qb alex smith

deciding whether or not to be put into the recycle bin - jp losman

I think that would be a more accurate descrpition of losman so far. He's been far from good, but he had some potential that just maybe you'll decide to hold onto him. :flirt:

He'll see the field when the Browns bench Charlie Frye.  Unless KC picks him up 1st.

748581[/snapback]

:flirt::P:doh:

Nah. He'll be the number 2 or 3 this year.

I just can't see the Bills cutting him, as much as I'd like to see holcombs arm gone.

:D:doh:

Would you still take a chance on Chester Taylor even though the Vikes will probably have no passing attack to speak of?  Can you say 8 man fronts?

Thought the JP comment was unnecessary, but I guess it speaks to what FF "experts" think about him.  I could care less about what Engel writes, but just thought it was a curious out of the blue comment to make.

748529[/snapback]

Just more motivation for Losman and the Bills. I love it!

We'll all find out this year.  No way Holcomb sees the field that much this season.  At least, barring injury.

748533[/snapback]

1) I don't think he's looked like "total garbage." He had 9 "starts" in 2005 (if you count KC last year), with 3 good games (Houston, KC, Miami) and 2 okay games (Carolina, SD). Not great; but not total grabage.

2) I also think the pundit was criticizing him for being a poor fantasy football player, not necessarily a poor player.

I think you would have to be the ultimate homer to draft JP in your FF league. I hope the kid succeeds but I'm not willing to put any type of money on it.

748534[/snapback]

I think that the point was that one has to be nervous about drafting Willis McGahee with JP Losman back there....

JDG

FF experts are pretty much football's equivalent to Pokemon fanatics or star wars geeks. No one ever takes them seriously and they only know statistics and stupid sh-- like that.

There is one thing that FF does not measure in a statistic column and that is leadership and heart.

total garbage- sf qb alex smith

deciding whether or not to be put into the recycle bin - jp losman

I think that would be a more accurate descrpition of losman so far.  He's been far from good, but he had some potential that just maybe you'll decide to hold onto him.  :devil:

748578[/snapback]

I think the comment dragging Losman in was unwarranted....especially there

was no context in it.......There are other teams with equal question marks at

the QB positions (Texans with Carr, SF wtih Alex Smith, Oakland with Brooks,

Grossman with the Bears, Vick/Volek with the Titans etc....).

On a side note, I think Alex Smith is going to surprise many people out there.

His new OC is Norv Turner, the guy who shaped Troy Aikmans career....With

a Vernon Davis as a super target, Alex Smith will have a decent year.

No way Holcomb sees the field that much this season.  At least, barring injury.

748533[/snapback]

Even if JP does get injured, I think Nall gets a shot at leading the team. I really believe that Holcomb is done here at season's end, if not before.

I think the comment dragging Losman in was unwarranted....especially there

was no context in it.......There are other teams with equal question marks at

the QB positions (Texans with Carr, SF wtih Alex Smith, Oakland with Brooks,

Grossman with the Bears, Vick/Volek with the Titans etc....).

749094[/snapback]

Except for the fact that the past statistical performances of David Carr, Aaron Brooks, Rex Grossman, and Billy Volek are all *better* than that of Losman's!!!!! (You could make a case that Carr was below 6 yards per attempt last season, while running for his life, but he has historically been well above that benchmark, and he completed *60%* plus of his passes last year - something Losman barely even sniffed.) Again, there just seems to be a lack of realization among Bills fans that Losman's performance last season was *below* the level that most of us think of as being "bad."

The only comparison with Losman from your list is with Alex Smith, and he, at least, was a rookie, and was playing on a team that was even more talent-starved than ours was. Alex Smith certainly didn't have a Willis McGahee, Eric Moulds, or Lee Evans on that team.... You also might have included Charlie Frye on your list, as he is certainly a question mark for the Browns at QB, except that oh, wait, he performed better than Losman too.... and as a rookie at that.....

JDG

Its ESPN.

Seriously, thats all you need to know. Someone needs to compete wiht these dipshits so that Disney will fire everyone that keeps the ESPN Hype Machine going.

Its getting ridiculous. Last night, after Reggie Bush rushed for 7 yards on 4 carries, ESPN focused on how he made "the cut" during sportscenter. They were praising him for making a cut-back and picking up a yard or two. Most of the coverage focused on their boy Reggie, instead of Terry Glenn or the other highlights.

Wanna show Bush's performance and then cut to his interview talking about what its like? Fine. But stop trying to annoint him the player of the game after 4 yards on 7 carries. Show what really happened.

Please, someone, compete with ESPN for the good of everyone.