Peerless hasn't just been missing from the offense

At this point I'm not sure if letting Peerless go would necessarily be a bad thing.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was absent from team funstions on purpose.  I have never thought highly of his character and he has done little to seperate himself from fast Freddie let alone Sam Aiken.  If it weren't for the signing bonus, and the lack of NFL proven recievers on this squad, I say he's a goner.  Juaron has shown he's fairly swift and decisive about personell.  Could he have seen his last days in Buffalo...again?

748252[/snapback]

Maybe Peerless thought everyone was going to kiss his butt when he came back to Buffalo. And now that he's discovering he has to actually work to earn his spot, he's pouting. I don't think a outright release is called for, yet. But I'm sure Dick Jauron is having a come-to-jesus meeting with ol' Peerless to get him on the same page as everyone else.

PTR

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown's blog- http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

PRICE'S ABSENCE: I have to say I was amused how Price's absence morphed into him possibly being an unhappy receiver. He just made an honest mistake, reading the training camp schedule for Sunday Aug. 13 when it was Sunday Aug. 20.

He spoke to coach Jauron by phone and told him of his oversight. Jauron apparently understood because Price said he has not been fined.

Price isn't concerned about not making a catch in the preseason thus far, but he admitted he might think differently if he's heading into the home opener (Sept. 24) and he's still without a reception.

“If I’m sitting out here without a catch after Week 2 in the regular season then I might have an issue," said Price. "But this is preseason and I’m trying to make it through healthy and get better each week.”

Before anyone says it's Peerless being selfish, I'll just say that Price is a humbled man who is eager to prove he can still play in this league and be productive. He also feels he can help this team a lot in the receiving game. So if the regular season is two games old and he hasn't been able to help the offense the way he believes he can you could see how it might become an issue especially if the team hasn't won the first two games.

---

Before anyone says it's Peerless being selfish, I'll just say that Price is a humbled man who is eager to prove he can still play in this league and be productive.

---

748344[/snapback]

I'll take a wait and see approach. He took untimely penalties and costly turnovers during his former incarnation as a Bill.

In response to the premature reports that questioned Peerless Price's motives for missing practice Sunday, the Bills wideout admitted he made an honest mistake.

"I misread the schedule," said Price. "I was (looking at) last Sunday's schedule. I thought we just had meetings." :blush:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4018

That's a great excuse Peerless, I'm going to try it some time at my job if I want to be fired!!!

In response to the premature reports that questioned Peerless Price's motives for missing practice Sunday, the Bills wideout admitted he made an honest mistake.

"I misread the schedule," said Price. "I was (looking at) last Sunday's schedule. I thought we just had meetings."  :blush:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4018

That's a great excuse Peerless, I'm going to try it some time at my job if I want to be fired!!!

748359[/snapback]

Well, it's different for those of us folks whose schedules are worked out more than a week ahead of time...Jauron didn't fine him, which he had every right to, so that says to may how believable Peerless is (or, at the very least, how much of an issue it is...).

Chris Brown's blog- http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

Before anyone says it's Peerless being selfish, I'll just say that Price is a humbled man who is eager to prove he can still play in this league and be productive. He also feels he can help this team a lot in the receiving game. So if the regular season is two games old and he hasn't been able to help the offense the way he believes he can you could see how it might become an issue especially if the team hasn't won the first two games.

---

748344[/snapback]

That's the feeling I get too...I think Price will do well this year...

Price understands the chemistry that J.P. Losman and Lee Evans have on the field and harbors no ill feelings about Losman's tendency to throw to Evans more.

"I know that J.P. is comfortable with Lee right now," said Price. "He's been his man and they came into the league together. I know if I keep working and keep making plays then he'll start trusting me and throw me the ball too."

That's the talk of a humbled WR.

I'll take a wait and see approach.  He took untimely penalties and costly turnovers during his former incarnation as a Bill.

748354[/snapback]

Let's not forget the lengthy conversation he had side-by-side with Dewayne Washington all the way down the sidelines in that Steelers game.

I find a minor fault with the Bills PR department not immediately getting word out as soon as Price spoke with Jauron, which was late Sunday afternoon. This is a different world we live in with the Internet than it was even 2-3 years ago. And there is surely a history behind PR spokesmen and coaches saying things like, "He was absent". That usually (but not always) means something bad, like it was unexcused, which it was. At that point, I'm sure they didn't know where Price was. But as soon as they did they should have notified the wire services that had been running stories about Price missing. It's possible that they were just unlucky that it was Sunday (especially after a Friday game) and that few people were working. But if Berchtold was around enough to say Price was absent, he was probably around enough to say he was back.

Some of you are hopelessly stubborn  0:) 

:blush:

748391[/snapback]

You see, while his performance expectations should be established solely by his performance during his break from the Bills ("bad enough to get cut by two teams"), you have to expect that his attitude/personality was not affected by the experiences he had away from the Bills. He's as cocky and selfish as the day he left here 4 years and about 5 receptions ago. Negatives never get subtracted, they only get added, you dimwit!

You see, while his performance expectations should be established solely by his performance during his break from the Bills ("bad enough to get cut by two teams"), you have to expect that his attitude/personality was not affected by the experiences he had away from the Bills.  He's as cocky and selfish as the day he left here 4 years and about 5 receptions ago.  Negatives never get subtracted, they only get added, you dimwit!

748421[/snapback]

Especially true in your case. :blush: