Peerless hasn't just been missing from the offense

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally wouldn't want Price as our number 2, just because he's too similar to Evans. With Evans as our top man, I'd like to see a steady possession/third down receiver on the other side, and despite his poor preseason I'd give the job to Josh Reed in the hopes that he can get his head together and emerge into a legit starter.

When Losman was in there last year, the two of them developed alot of chemistry, and Reed was Losman's primary 3rd down guy when he needed the first. I have hope that Reed can pull himself together and be the compliment for Evans that we need. If after a few games I'm not getting what I want from Reed, I'd start roatating Aiken into his spot from time to time to see if we can get some production there.

Starting Price, Davis or Parrish in that spot is a mistake, because none of them know how to work underneath. We'd have to throw 30+ yards every passing play. :blush:

The best thing about Aiken is that JP seems to like him. I remember last preseason watching JP throw perfect strikes to Aiken when he'd run a slant pattern. He's obviously got good size, so who knows?

Yeah, I'm with the group that thinks that any disappointing end for Price is a bad thing. While he might not have been a great signing, out of Aiken (who I really like for the future), Davis, Reed, and the others we have, he has the best proven success and the best upside. He is far from a sure thing, but I hope this turns into nothing and everything goes right for him, because I'd love to have the Price of old opposite Evans with Roscoe in the slot.

Price was wide open on a 9 (fly) route on the same play that Evans caught the TD. He was also wide open on a deep hitch that JP short-armed into the dirt. He has also caught everything thrown his way in practice. Let's continue to blindly speculae though 'cause it's fun! :blush:

Price was wide open on a 9 (fly) route on the same play that Evans caught the TD. He was also wide open on a deep hitch that JP short-armed into the dirt. He has also caught everything thrown his way in practice. Let's continue to blindly speculae though 'cause it's fun!  :blush:

Well it IS odd, and you'd think Jauron would have said something like it was a personal reason.

Price was wide open on a 9 (fly) route on the same play that Evans caught the TD. He was also wide open on a deep hitch that JP short-armed into the dirt. He has also caught everything thrown his way in practice. Let's continue to blindly speculae though 'cause it's fun!  0:)

747980[/snapback]

OK let's.

His urine test came back infected with strength enhancing nanite probes, he left town because he found a horse head in his bed, he was abducted by aliens, he was voted off the team, and he just won a spot on the next American Idol. Oh yeah and he got upset because someone on this board said he wouldn't sacrifice his body to make a play. :blush:

OK everything but the very last part is true. :)

Price was wide open on a 9 (fly) route on the same play that Evans caught the TD. He was also wide open on a deep hitch that JP short-armed into the dirt. He has also caught everything thrown his way in practice. Let's continue to blindly speculae though 'cause it's fun!  :blush:

747980[/snapback]

JP doesn't like him...I heard it from a peeping squirrel at SJF...he observed them playing Madden one night -- it got ugly. Jauron had to do something...Peerless won't be seen or heard from again.

despite his poor preseason I'd give the job to Josh Reed in the hopes that he can get his head together and emerge into a legit starter.

747960[/snapback]

The shame about Josh Reed is that he just keeps dropping footballs. He dropped 2 catchable balls in the game Friday night. Losman didn't make particularly good throws on either, but because Reed is not a gamebreaker, he NEEDS to catch everything he gets his hands on. He might be the best at getting open the Bills have, but we have to remember that he is SUPPOSED to be. With his feet and feel, he should be an 80+ grab, chain moving complement to the deep speed guys, but the drops gotta go or he does.

You're cutting Parrish? Or did you just forget him?

And personally, I wouldn't be at all happy with Aiken at #2. One solid preseason game against Carolina reserves does not make him a #2.

Let's not kid ourselves here; Price not working out as the #2 is NOT good for this offense.

Of course, we may all very well be jumping to conclusions...

747931[/snapback]

I'm with you bro. Price is better than anyone else we have other than Lee.

The shame about Josh Reed is that he just keeps dropping footballs.  He dropped 2 catchable balls in the game Friday night.  Losman didn't make particularly good throws on either, but because Reed is not a gamebreaker, he NEEDS to catch everything he gets his hands on.  He might be the best at getting open the Bills have, but we have to remember that he is SUPPOSED to be.  With his feet and feel, he should be an 80+ grab, chain moving complement to the deep speed guys, but the drops gotta go or he does.

747990[/snapback]

Amen! Why he's still here is disturbing.

The shame about Josh Reed is that he just keeps dropping footballs.  He dropped 2 catchable balls in the game Friday night.  Losman didn't make particularly good throws on either, but because Reed is not a gamebreaker, he NEEDS to catch everything he gets his hands on.  He might be the best at getting open the Bills have, but we have to remember that he is SUPPOSED to be.  With his feet and feel, he should be an 80+ grab, chain moving complement to the deep speed guys, but the drops gotta go or he does.

747990[/snapback]

Reed is bad. I don't know any other way to put it. He drops balls that should be caught. That is why I think Price can be so important to our team, and I hope he surprises lots of people and has a big year. That's also why if anything comes of this absense as a negative, it is a bad thing for the Buffalo Bills. I hope Aiken can become a great receiver, but Price/Reed/Davis are not interchangable, and Price is our best chance to get production out of the #2 receiver (with Roscoe in the slot).

747990[/snapback]

It is a damn shame isn't it? His fantastic blocking down field also gets wasted by him "dropping" himself out of the lineup.

KFFL's Hot Off The Wire is reporting that Jon Goldsberry (FB) and Coy Wire (SS) did not practice either. Though it was citing their injuries as probable excuses. So given the positions (including WR) and seeing how deep the roster is at those positions, I think it's reasonable to presume that this is the first wave of cuts.

Charles