Arizona Cardinal fans suck...

LabattBlue

You have a brand new state of the art domed stadium. You don't have to be in 110 degree heat. Yet everytime the crowd was panned in the first half, I saw empty seats everywhere. Wouldn't you think that the fans would be excited to see the new stadium? I know that all 8 of their home games are sold out, but the fact that you wouldn't want to be there for the very first game played is pitiful.

You have a brand new state of the art domed stadium.  You don't have to be in 110 degree heat.  Yet everytime the crowd was panned in the first half, I saw empty seats everywhere.  Wouldn't you think that the fans would be excited to see the new stadium?  I know that all 8 of their home games are sold out, but the fact that you wouldn't want to  be there for the very first game played is pitiful.

742292[/snapback]

Hell, I only saw the highlight clips and I was dying to be out there....looks like a helluva nice facility

I thought the Rockpile seats are cheap - there are equivalent seats in the Cardinals new stadium that are $10 ea for season ticket holders...basically 300 level seats on the endzone corners

Not bad at all...thats about the max I'd be willing to pay to watch that crap anyways

I thought the Rockpile seats are cheap - there are equivalent seats in the Cardinals new stadium that are $10 ea for season ticket holders...basically 300 level seats on the endzone corners

Not bad at all...thats about the max I'd be willing to pay to watch that crap anyways

742314[/snapback]

I think that franchise is on the upswing....I wouldn't be surprised to see them make some noise this year.

I think that franchise is on the upswing....I wouldn't be surprised to see them make some noise this year.

742316[/snapback]

With San Fran and St Louis in their division, I could see them doing alright, but the best they'll do for a while is to hope for a wild card spot, since they'll play Seattle twice a year.

It is a hell of a stadium I drive by it everyday. I still question how many of those season ticket holders are actually corporate purchased. Everybody that lives in phx for the most part came from somewhere else like myself and root for other teams. However, they played a heck of a lot better than the Bills did so I may actually begin to admit I watch them occassionally.

Little known fact, in all the years the Cardinals have been in the Phoenix market, there have been ONLY 16 sellouts! Yesterdays' game was sold out, however, most of the new bandwagon variety group probably got caught in traffic not knowing that getting to a football game early is the answer! As Phxbacker states, Bill Bidwill HIGHLY overestimated the power of NFL football in this market when he moved back in 1988. The demographics here are a "melting pot" population that has Bears, Bills Vikings, Broncos, and EVERY other fan base imaginable. This franchise for 18 years has played 16 ROAD GAMES every year throughout there time in Phoenix. It has been one sorry lot of people in this organization since its move here...

Exactly. Lana just wishes she could be as great as us... :)

742376[/snapback]

Yep, I must say, she pales in comparison..... ;)

Actually, right now she's running around naked and drunk on a beach LOL

Is there anybody there taking pictures or video taping it?

742378[/snapback]

LMAO.....I've been text messaging her to try and get her to do that, but to no avail as of yet....I'll keep trying though

You have a brand new state of the art domed stadium.  You don't have to be in 110 degree heat.  Yet everytime the crowd was panned in the first half, I saw empty seats everywhere.  Wouldn't you think that the fans would be excited to see the new stadium?  I know that all 8 of their home games are sold out, but the fact that you wouldn't want to  be there for the very first game played is pitiful.

742292[/snapback]

Sir, you are off base on the facts. The game was sold out. The entire season is sold out. People were walking around looking at the new stadium and its amenities.

I am a die hard Bills fan, but your criticism is way off base.

BTW, the Cards offense is far superior to the Bills offense and way more fun to watch.

The Cards have the premier stadium in the league with an exciting team to root for and you find some way to try to pick on them. What for?

Considering the state of affairs in Buffalo, I would be a little more discreet. What makes you feel so superior? Wasn't the stadium in Orchard Park built 33 years ago?

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder. He didn't get his tickets in hand until the 11th, the day before the game. He called the Cardinals office several times, and they actually told him that there was a mix up/mistake made by the printers they used in Iowa or some place. It's another ridiculous and inexcusable mistake by the worst run franchise in all of sports. That's an awesome stadium, however.

742292[/snapback]

Um it was sold out.

Sir, you are off base on the facts. The game was sold out. The entire season is sold out. People were walking around looking at the new stadium and its amenities.

I am a die hard Bills fan, but your criticism is way off base.

BTW, the Cards offense is far superior to the Bills offense and way more fun to watch. 

The Cards have the premier stadium in the league with an exciting team to root for and you find some way to try to pick on them. What for?

Considering the state of affairs in Buffalo, I would be a little more discreet.  What makes you feel so superior? Wasn't the stadium in Orchard Park built 33 years ago?

742395[/snapback]

I would think that while the game was going on, they would want to check out their team and the sight lines from their seats. Wouldn't you think that they would check out the stadium BEFORE the game?

I don't feel superior, I was just making an observation, and that is...there were a lot of empty seats during the first half when the cameras panned the stadium.

PS What do the state of affairs in Buffalo have to do with this? ;)

I don't feel superior, I was just making an observation, and that is...there were a lot of empty seats during the first half when the cameras panned the stadium.

742765[/snapback]

Actually, a lot of them were stuck outside in the monumental traffic jams that took place.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/special5/a...raffic0813.html

Remember Rich Stadium, first game 1973?

Remember Rich Stadium, first game 1973?

742783[/snapback]

No, but that's because I was -2 ... ;)

My father-in-law was actually at that game though, and has the commemoritive coin as well. Ironic, considering he's a Packers fan who lives in Green Bay. :)

How many years have the Cards supposed to have been the "surprise" team?  5 years and counting?

They always seem to look decent on paper and fail badly when the regular season rolls around.

742328[/snapback]

I hate to say this, but in 2003 2004 and 2005....Buffalo was also supposed to be that "suprise" team and folded up bad too.

Scary and sad that we are comparing Buffalo to Arizona now ;)