Problems with the Bills?

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#080706

Monday Practice Notes: The offense was victim of too many penalties and three dropped passes during today's workout. Other than that, both QBs performed well according to the team's official website. Special teams did some work on onside kicks and the defense had some bright spots including big plays from Aaron Schobel and Ko Simpson.

Whitner Hits The Field: Donte Whitner hit the practice field today for the first time as a Bill. He worked out with the second unit in the team's lone practice of the day today. He felt he did pretty well despite being thrown a curve ball and having to tweak a few small things on the field. Coach Jauron said the running that Whitner did on Saturday and Sunday helped him out. DB coach George Catavolos said you can tell he missed 12 practices as he forgot a few things on the field. No decision has been made on whether or not Whitner will play in Saturday's preseason game.

Not good. Come on guys stay focused. :)

The false starts and other offensive penalties have been a major concern that past 6 years and it seems nothing has changed. WTF? It's time to start benching people or releasing them outright--a message needs to be sent now.

The QB's on this team really need to start chewing some ass out. Aren't they the leaders here? At least Jim had the balls to do this.

Teams don't go to SB if you constantly play stupid.

You're getting nervous?

I'll be nervous if they're dropping balls and getting too many penalties in the final preseason game. Until then, we still have a number of weeks to work things out. It's only August 7th.

I'll be nervous if they're dropping balls and getting too many penalties in the final preseason game.

737658[/snapback]

same here

one thing i don't understand are when reports say the offense looked awful and the defense looked great

perhaps the offense isn't that bad and just look awful because they're practicing against a great defense

perhaps the defense only looks great because they're practicing against a weak offense

we won't know if the D has improved or if the offense is that bad until they actually play a couple other teams

WTF??? It's the second week of TRAINING CAMP and you're worried about dropped passes? What if it was John Stonehands from East Bumphuk State dropping balls?

Whitner unproven??? It's his FIRST FARKING PRACTICE!

Holy crap, you're ridiculous.

RTB

WTF??? It's the second week of TRAINING CAMP and you're worried about dropped passes?  What if it was John Stonehands from East Bumphuk State dropping balls?

Whitner unproven??? It's his FIRST FARKING PRACTICE!

Holy crap, you're ridiculous.

RTB

737665[/snapback]

I agree. Re friggin lax its the beginning of camp. Whitner is going to be rusty. Some of you are ridiculous, thank god you dont have jobs in the Bills front office. The way some of you go on and on we wouldnt have a team.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#080706

Monday Practice Notes: The offense was victim of too many penalties and three dropped passes during today's workout. Other than that, both QBs performed well according to the team's official website. Special teams did some work on onside kicks and the defense had some bright spots including big plays from Aaron Schobel and Ko Simpson.

Whitner Hits The Field: Donte Whitner hit the practice field today for the first time as a Bill. He worked out with the second unit in the team's lone practice of the day today. He felt he did pretty well despite being thrown a curve ball and having to tweak a few small things on the field. Coach Jauron said the running that Whitner did on Saturday and Sunday helped him out. DB coach George Catavolos said you can tell he missed 12 practices as he forgot a few things on the field. No decision has been made on whether or not Whitner will play in Saturday's preseason game.

Not good.  Too many penaties, Whitner unproven, and dropped passes.  I'm getting a little nervous.  Come on guys stay focused. :)

737639[/snapback]

LSI..

No offense but you are setting your self up for dissapointment....this team isnt going to look good its first game (with the exception of Tuten Reyes who will probably maim somebody to make a statement..:)

Nope...there will be lots of penalties in this game.....

That is why the call it PRACTICE.

737675[/snapback]

I'm a faithful of TBD so I decided to become a part of it. For my first post I'd like to ask if anybody has checked out the camps of the other 31 teams. I understand about getting worried about our progress but shouldn't it be compared to what other teams are doing. We can have 10 dropped passes a day, but if everyone else is dropping 20 passes a day then it takes on a new meaning. Same for if we only drop 2 passes a day but all other teams aren't dropping any... I guess what I'm saying is it's all well and good to comment on what our guys are doing; but to compare it against the other NFL teams is what counts...IMHO.

That being said I realize there is the awesome and the horrible, I'm thinking of the middle of the road stuff.

Thanks for the best message board around guys and gals...

Let me be the first to call for Marv to cut Whitner.

Friggin dope!

He's just not worth the hassle.

Cut him now. Holcomb and Losman too.

I'm tired of this crap!

Don't they know I'm an old man and can't take the strain?

Putzes.

He makes a fairly decent point though. If it's first stringers then that's a problem, because I could've sworn we got rid of that mistake of an overdeveloped tumor/abortion named Bennie Anderson who commited most of those 5 yard penalties.

Oi... Kill him in his sleep or have Jason Taylor stab him.

Let me be the first to call for Marv to cut Whitner.

Friggin dope!

He's just not worth the hassle.

Cut him now. Holcomb and Losman too.

I'm tired of this crap!

Don't they know I'm an old man and can't take the strain?

Putzes.

737696[/snapback]

Face it, Buffalo, it's clear that Whitner's a BUST!

I'm a faithful of TBD so I decided to become a part of it.  For my first post I'd like to ask  if anybody has checked out the camps of the other 31 teams.  I understand about getting worried about our progress but shouldn't it be compared to what other teams are doing.  We can have 10 dropped passes a day, but if everyone else is dropping 20 passes a day then it takes on a new meaning.  Same for if we only drop 2 passes a day but all other teams aren't dropping any...  I guess what I'm saying is it's all well and good to comment on what our guys are doing; but to compare it against the other NFL teams is what counts...IMHO.

That being said I realize there is the awesome and the horrible, I'm thinking of the middle of the road stuff.

Thanks for the best message board around guys and gals...

737685[/snapback]

welcome . what do you drink ? are you coming to the opener ? people just say sh-- to get things going . if the team still has false starts at the end of pre season then it is a problem .

The false starts and other offensive penalties have been a major concern that past 6 years and it seems nothing has changed.  WTF?  It's time to start benching people or releasing them outright--a message needs to be sent now.

The QB's on this team really need to start chewing some ass out.  Aren't they the leaders here?  At least Jim had the balls to do this.

Teams don't go to SB if you constantly play stupid.

737656[/snapback]

If the players on the OL are not able to overcome bad habits, some of this

indisciple should point back to the OL coaching staff...McNally was brought

in specifically to address the OL...In 3 years, he has not been able to

build a consistent line that doesn't shoot itself on its foot inside the red zone.