DONTE WHITNER

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a idiot Donte is Let him sit out the season he won't evenbe picked next year.  What a damn stupid player.  i hope that he never becomes a Bills player.

735029[/snapback]

<_<

What a idiot Donte is Let him sit out the season he won't evenbe picked next year.  What a damn stupid player.  i hope that he never becomes a Bills player.

735029[/snapback]

Ummmmm someones have too much Cap't Crunch tonight.

735029[/snapback]

Reason #1471 to start school earlier back home up north.

735029[/snapback]

Dude, you rule.

I wish they made a clickable smiley that indicated someone with severe genetic defects, I would have clicked the sh&t out of it for this one.

Dude, you rule.

I wish they made a clickable smiley that indicated someone with severe genetic defects, I would have clicked the sh&t out of it for this one.

735078[/snapback]

:lol:0:):w00t:<_<:( ...but funny response...

735029[/snapback]

ok this gets my vote for dumbest post of the year

735029[/snapback]

I said the same thing about Erik Flowers...

About sums up the mentality on message boards.

735182[/snapback]

I agree with his sentiment. He just didn't post it intelligently enough to warrant a favorable response. I do believe the bills should give him a deadline or let him him sit. I'm not too keen on the rules: If we don't sign him, does he go back into the draft next year? Because if he does, I'm sure he'll be happier to get #14 slot money next year.

Dude, you rule.

735078[/snapback]

I would like to see this smiley. I think the pirate is probably the closest thing we have right now.

735029[/snapback]

My dad is better than your dad DONTE!

735029[/snapback]

I actually agree with this. Whitner was a reach, and he plays perhaps the least difficult to stock position on the defense. Levy hasn't exactly been tight with the cash, so I have to give Marv the benefit of the doubt here with regard to lowballing. I think he's well aware that Whitner was not the 8th best player in this draft and as a result they've drawn a line at what they think that pick is worth that I think they would not have drawn if he were a young QB, OT, DT, DE.....practically ANYTHING but a safety, fullback or kicker.

As for Whitner, he'd be a fool not to take what the Bills have reportedly offered, he has no bargaining position. He was such a reach in this past draft, he has virtually no hope whatsoever of sitting out and re-entering the draft and being selected 8th overall or earlier(which he'd need to do to recoup the lost pay for 2006) again. I see him going in the 20's next year, and costing himself nearly 8 figures in guaranteed money.

What it comes down to is do the Bills miss him desperately? I don't think so. If he isn't there does it dash their future? I think not. He's just a good strong safety prospect. If it doesn't work out, move on and find one in the middle rounds next year, but either way just give them an ultimatum and move on.

Sometimes cutting losses is better than exacerbating them by doing something stupid like doling out Lawyer Milloy money to a guy who hasn't peed a drop. Especially when you already know that even at All Pro production that is too much money.