You know...every morning I check the Wall

It's the worst part of training camp...I can deal with injuries, cuts, etc, but in these days of salary caps and rookie slotting, there is absolutely no reason for holding out.

I blame both parties: DW for sitting on his duff, and the Bills for sitting on theirs...I love Marv as much as anybody, but for him to say, we can't find DW ("I tried four different phone numbers."), and the NEXT DAY, on the Bills own website, Youboty claims he talks to him everyday...well, this just exposes the weakness of the front office, IMHO.

I smell a long holdout, which is a damn shame. <_<

It's the worst part of training camp...I can deal with injuries, cuts, etc, but in these days of salary caps and rookie slotting, there is absolutely no reason for holding out.

I blame both parties: DW for sitting on his duff, and the Bills for sitting on theirs...I love Marv as much as anybody, but for him to say, we can't find DW ("I tried four different phone numbers."), and the NEXT DAY, on the Bills own website, Youboty claims he talks to him everyday...well, this just exposes the weakness of the front office, IMHO.

I smell a long holdout, which is a damn shame. <_<

734500[/snapback]

There is only one way to end this...tell him sign the fkn contract and show up to camp by tomorrow 8 AM, or he will sit out the entire year. If he doesn't show, show him you mean it by suspending all negotiations until next year. No empty threats. We'll get by without him. I rather not have him at all than signing him in Mid-or-late August and giving in to these greedy bas-tards. Some team has got to stop the madness. It might as well be us. The media hates us anyway.

There is only one way to end this...tell him sign the fkn contract and show up to camp by tomorrow 8 AM, or he will sit out the entire year. If he doesn't show, show him you mean it by suspending all negotiations until next year. No empty threats.  We'll get by without him. I rather not have him at all than signing him in Mid-or-late August and giving in to these greedy bas-tards. Some team has got to stop the madness. It might as well be us. The media hates us anyway.

734692[/snapback]

The only thing that does is makes us lose our top pick, makes the team weaker on the field, and gives the team a black eye for future negotiations with free agents. Like it or not the league is big business. Other teams won't stop the cycle just because the Buffalo Bills didn't sign Whitner. If Fox, NBC, and CBS are willing to spend close to a Billion dollars on TV rights, if a 30 second spot will cost you over 5 Million for the Super Bowl, then the 8th overall pick is going to hold out for 14 Million in stead of 13 Million. I hate it, but it's reality and that's the playground you have to play in.

Let's look at this from the other side:

Levy said Whitner's contract was "right in the middle" of Huff's and Sims'.

Huff is getting $15 million guaranteed. Sims is getting $12.1 guaranteed.

The Bills offered Whitner $12.9. How is that "right in the middle"??

Right in the middle is $13.55 million. Whitner supposedly is asking for $14 million.

Offer him the TRUE right in the middle salary of $13.5 or $13.6, and I bet he'd take it in a heartbeat.

There is only one way to end this...tell him sign the fkn contract and show up to camp by tomorrow 8 AM, or he will sit out the entire year. If he doesn't show, show him you mean it by suspending all negotiations until next year. No empty threats.  We'll get by without him. I rather not have him at all than signing him in Mid-or-late August and giving in to these greedy bas-tards. Some team has got to stop the madness. It might as well be us. The media hates us anyway.

734692[/snapback]

I would love to see that but I think it could prove damaging if we ever wanted future FAs to come here.

That sounds like me except I check the mail box. Where are those freakin season tickets. They better be here by the weekend. They have no problem taking your money in March . Its six months later and they can't get the tickets out on time.

Let's look at this from the other side:

Levy said Whitner's contract was "right in the middle" of Huff's and Sims'.

Huff is getting $15 million guaranteed. Sims is getting $12.1 guaranteed.

The Bills offered Whitner $12.9. How is that "right in the middle"??

Right in the middle is $13.55 million. Whitner supposedly is asking for $14 million.

Offer him the TRUE right in the middle salary of $13.5 or $13.6, and I bet he'd take it in a heartbeat.

734738[/snapback]

They're a bunch of cheap old f*#$@rs <_<