No, I'm sorry but.................

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coy wire is a good man. Coy Wire is a nice man. Well My dad is a nice man, but just like coy wire I wouldn't want him playing for the buffalo bills. This is the problem. You want nice guys, set up a chairty and get nice guys to go out and have fundraisers to raise money. You want to win football games. You Bring in your ray lewis's and your terrell owens, and your brett favres etc etc. ATTITUDE. NICE PEOPLE ARE NICE..... ATTITUDE....CONFIDENCE.... KNOWING THAT YOU'RE BETTER FROM THE PERSON LINING UP ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL.... AND THAN PROVING IT..... THAT WINS FOOTBALL GAMES. Keep The Nice Guys for church on Sunday, or a friend in a tough jam. Give me and the rest of fans Some Guys with ATTITUDE AND WILL TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS

Coy wire is a good man.  Coy Wire is a nice man.  Well My dad is a nice man, but just like coy wire I wouldn't want him playing for the buffalo bills.  This is the problem.  You want nice guys, set up a chairty and get nice guys to  go out and have fundraisers to raise money.  You want to win football games. You Bring in your ray lewis's and your terrell owens, and your brett favres etc etc.  ATTITUDE.  NICE PEOPLE ARE NICE..... ATTITUDE....CONFIDENCE.... KNOWING THAT YOU'RE BETTER FROM THE PERSON LINING UP ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL.... AND THAN PROVING IT..... THAT WINS FOOTBALL GAMES.  Keep The Nice Guys for church on Sunday, or a friend in a tough jam.  Give me and the rest of  fans Some Guys with  ATTITUDE AND WILL TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS

55045[/snapback]

As long as attitude doesn't have to mean stupid celebrations, doo-rags, shameless self-promotion and a knack for being around when people are getting murdered or selling drugs, I will sign up for bringing on players with said attitude.

BUMP.............. and bench him at least, a statement needs to be made now and he was the one who, if you look at the number of plays he didn't make, cost the Bills the game!!!!!

I have to disagree with the Fletcher bashing. The hit on Brady was a bad call. I watched it several times and I didn't see the blow to the head. It looked to me like he put his helmet into his chest and Brady's head snapped. It was just a BAD call by the ref. The call when he threw the guy to the ground was a bit excessive but in Fletcher's defense, it's possible that he didn't see the ball pop out. This game is all about hitting, tackling and playing till the whistle and on that play, it was a late whistle and Fletcher did what he was supposed to do, hit and tackle. Another, IMHO, bad call by the refs that was costly.

Did Wire get cut yet???

55252[/snapback]

I'm betting management gives him a 5-year extension soon.

He sucks and should be cut immediately. If Milloy is out next week and they start Wire again, I'll have no confidence in this staff.

Wire has been bad for a long time. These guys who can't find a position usually never workout anywhere. Maybe he should go back to wrestling.

It warms my heart after another crappy loss to at least see the blame pointed in the right direction! Wire has been my personal whipping boy for some time now, but even yesterday sunk to new depths of piss poor performance. I would love to be a fly on the wall for the team film review today. He has GOT to be soooooo embarrassed!

The only positive is that at least Gray benched him yesterday, and hopefully he doesn't see the field again. Put Prieleau or even Baker in there until Lawyer is ready. The secret is out in the NFL now - to beat this defense game plan around Wire. He is helpless to do anything about it either, so get him out of there!!! I would LOVE to see his sorry ass cut TODAY!!!

I've been saying Wire was awful since his rookie year (when I actually watched him and evaluated him based on his performance (or lack thereof) on the field) - and ALWAYS was met with a wall of apologists for him. It became very frustrating for me when I saw how awful he was time and time again and for some unknown reason he became this folk hero and people actually thought he was good - when I knew how terrible he was. People want to think Bills fans are so knowledgeable, but thinking that Coy Wire is a good player is not a good indication of a very high football IQ IMHO.

I've consistently said he has no business on the field since the second game of his rookie year. I said a couple weeks ago that a smart DC will absolutely exploit him and that is exactly what has happened - and indeed has been happening his whole pathetic career. When Milloy got hurt I got a sick feeling in my stomach - as long as Wire is in, the defense is absolutely exposed. All it takes is one horrible player in a key secondary position and the integrity of the whole defense is undermined.

Let's get another thing straight - the mythology surrounding him has generally morphed to admission that he sucks in coverage but is good/great in run support. The fact is, he is as bad or even worse in run support. He is constantly out of position and whiffs on more tackles than any player I have ever closely watched. If the stat was kept, however, I do believe after less than three seasons he would be the all-time NFL leader in the stat 'jumping-on the-pile-after-the-play-is-over-to-make-it-look-like-you-were-in-on-the-play'. As far as being a ST 'demon' - he is nothing of the sort - he is just an average player on ST. He did not even lead the team in ST tackles last year (Stevenson did - and he got cut - so lets back away from all this crap how we can't cut him because he is such a great ST player).

BTW - someone mentioned they witnessed probably the worst game ever by an NFL player by Wire last weekend. The beauty of Wire is that he is so consistently suckful, that this probably wasn't even his worse game. Get a tape of the Oakland game two years ago and you will see some artful Wire sucking which probably beats even his NE performance. Again - if they kept track of such things Wire may have 2 of the top 5 "Worst performances ever by an NFL player in a game".

I have tried to limit my Wire bashing lately because I didn't want to appear to be on a 'crusade' - but I feel worse about him now than I did when he was a rookie. At least now his lack of talent seems to be more universally recognized.

I got some respect for MM when he booted Wire out of the pathetic FS experiment - but would have had a lot more if he had sat him permanently. Hopefully we will not see Wire in the defensive backfield now for the rest of his awful Bills career.

Where are all of the posters who were calling for Milloy's head last year--a SS who led a defense to the number two defense in the league. Three TD drives by the Pats and big plays given up by Wire in all of them. He is a great person and good special teams player which is where he should be. When Milloy is gone you realize how good he is and how much he helps that defense by being in the right position. Missing Milloy has hurt this defense badly as evidenced by Sunday. When does he get back???

I've been saying Wire was awful since his rookie year (when I actually watched him and evaluated him based on his performance (or lack thereof) on the field) - and ALWAYS was met with a wall of apologists for him.  It became very frustrating for me when I saw how awful he was time and time again and for some unknown reason he became this folk hero and people actually thought he was good - when I knew how terrible he was.  People want to think Bills fans are so knowledgeable, but thinking that Coy Wire is a good player is not a good indication of a very high football IQ IMHO.

I've consistently said he has no business on the field since the second game of his rookie year.  I said a couple weeks ago that a smart DC will absolutely exploit him and that is exactly what has happened - and indeed has been happening his whole pathetic career.  When Milloy got hurt I got a sick feeling in my stomach - as long as Wire is in, the defense is absolutely exposed.  All it takes is one horrible player in a key secondary position and the integrity of the whole defense is undermined.

Let's get another thing straight - the mythology surrounding him has generally morphed to admission that he sucks in coverage but is good/great in run support.  The fact is, he is as bad or even worse in run support.  He is constantly out of position and whiffs on more tackles than any player I have ever closely watched.  If the stat was kept, however, I do believe after less than three seasons he would be the all-time NFL leader in the stat 'jumping-on the-pile-after-the-play-is-over-to-make-it-look-like-you-were-in-on-the-play'.  As far as being a ST 'demon' - he is nothing of the sort - he is just an average player on ST.  He did not even lead the team in ST tackles last year (Stevenson did - and he got cut - so lets back away from all this crap how we can't cut him because he is such a great ST player).

BTW - someone mentioned they witnessed probably the worst game ever by an NFL player by Wire last weekend.  The beauty of Wire is that he is so consistently suckful, that this probably wasn't even his worse game.  Get a tape of the Oakland game two years ago and you will see some artful Wire sucking which probably beats even his NE performance.  Again - if they kept track of such things Wire may have 2 of the top 5 "Worst performances ever by an NFL player in a game".

I have tried to limit my Wire bashing lately because I didn't want to appear to be on a 'crusade' - but I feel worse about him now than I did when he was a rookie.  At least now his lack of talent seems to be more universally recognized.

I got some respect for MM when he booted Wire out of the pathetic FS experiment - but would have had a lot more if he had sat him permanently.  Hopefully we will not see Wire in the defensive backfield now for the rest of his awful Bills career.

57216[/snapback]

So, tell us how you REALLY feel about Coy Wire.

"consistently suckful"........hahahahaha!!!!!

Well, people have finally come to their sensed about Coy Wire. The guy is a joke, and has been since he was drafted. The only thing he's good for is special teams and maybe a 7th db if you use a package with 7 dbs. That's about it. And to think some people actually wanted him starting at FS going into the year when coverage is his weakness?? That's like wanting Mike Williams to play left tackle when he can't even pass block at RT. He can be, and has been picked on all day. Does he not know that 1st and 35 is a passing situation? Does he not know that Daniel Graham is the Pats' #1 option in the redzone, even inside the 5? Fortunately, the coaches see this too, and that's why we'll be seeing Priloue (I can never spell his name right) Sunday. He is just as sound of a tackler and he's not such a liability in coverage. Let's not kid ourselvers, he has a lot of fans because he's white and he'll make the occassional big hit. Sorry but one good run stopping tackle for every four blown coverages doesn't cut it. You see, part of the criteria for being a defensive back is you have to be able to cover. If you can't, teams will notice your weakness and attack it. Bellicheck is one of the best and spotting a weakness and attacking it, which is why I'm surprised he didn't run at our worthless "high motor" LDE tandem more. When he did the holes were ridiculous. But that's a whole separate topic. Please, TD no more high motor guys!

Yup.  Even I, a very patient fan, can see the guy just doesn't have it.  How many scoring plays has he allowed in his career here?  Run fakes that he bit on, wrong angles, inopportune penalties, etc?

I am also sick of London Fletcher's hot-dogging and personal fouls.  Throwing the receiver down after the pass was incomplete on the Pats' first drive was an auger of what was to come.  The guy has no judgment.  The next time he (or Spikes) celebrates after making a tackle on second down, someone in the stands should shoot him.

54502[/snapback]

Yup.  Even I, a very patient fan, can see the guy just doesn't have it.  How many scoring plays has he allowed in his career here?  Run fakes that he bit on, wrong angles, inopportune penalties, etc?

I am also sick of London Fletcher's hot-dogging and personal fouls.  Throwing the receiver down after the pass was incomplete on the Pats' first drive was an auger of what was to come.  The guy has no judgment.  The next time he (or Spikes) celebrates after making a tackle on second down, someone in the stands should shoot him.

54502[/snapback]

I agree on London Fletcher, I'm getting sick of his antics as well. I'm tired of his weekly personal fouls. And how did that idiot lose the ball on that fumble return?? He's a decent player, but not good enough to overcome his stupidity, which is the case with this team in general. We are not lacking talent, that are just too many stupid players.

I agree, Coy must be sent to the showers

It seemed like he had potential as a rookie

Last season - he was "developing"

This year - same problems and that is inexcusable. He is a thrid year player - a somewhat high round draft pick and can not adjust to coverage and play recognition at an NFL level.

There should no longer be a place for him on this NFL team.

It seemed like he had potential as a rookie

I honestly don't know where people get this idea from. The only potential I saw in him as a rookie was a potential for disaster. Again - my opinion comes from keying on him his whole rookie year. In the first half of the 2nd game against Minn that year I kept noticing somone on the Bills defense flying around like an idiot - missing play after play. I'm thinking "WTF??" - and decided to start watching him and I couldn't believe how bad he was (in coverage AND run defense/tackling). I made it a point to watch him every game after that - and he has never shown me the potential to be anything but an ex-NFL player.

If he's clueless, why don't the Bills just cut him?

I wish they would! I honestly feel there was a good chance he could have been cut this year if Milloy didn't get injured.

Not only for the bump but did you all see the article on TBD that a store was giving away cereal boxes with Coy Wire's picture on them? The funny thing is that the cereal was Shredded Wheat!!  :w00t:

60374[/snapback]

A bowl of his Shredded Wheat and a heaping pile of burnt toast.... Coy's Breakfast of Chumps

I honestly don't know where people get this idea from.  The only potential I saw in him as a rookie was a potential for disaster.  Again - my opinion comes from keying on him his whole rookie year.  In the first half of the 2nd game against Minn that year I kept noticing somone on the Bills defense flying around like an idiot - missing play after play.  I'm thinking "WTF??" - and decided to start watching him and I couldn't believe how bad he was (in coverage AND run defense/tackling).  I made it a point to watch him every game after that - and he has never shown me the potential to be anything but an ex-NFL player.

I wish they would!  I honestly feel there was a good chance he could have been cut this year if Milloy didn't get injured.

60262[/snapback]

Someday, I wish the Bills management would stop living on their own little island and actually seek and sign a player during the season. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems that they don't do much of that.

The B'gals are hurting with a lot of db's injured, and have a bunch of rookies making rookie mistakes. I've no idea if this guy is any good, but after 12 years of world-class bozo-ness, I have to give them credit for having at least one eyeball open...

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

"Bengals sign Safety Anthony Mitchell

Mitchell, a fifth-year NFL player, appeared in 16 games in each of his first four NFL seasons.

He played for Baltimore from 2000-02. The Ravens traded Mitchell to Jacksonville, and he had two starts among his 16 appearances for the Jaguars in 2003. He was released Sept. 5 by Jacksonville.

Mitchell said he would be ready to play Oct. 17 at Cleveland.

"I've got this week and next week," he said. "I think I'll be prepared mentally."

He has 52 career tackles.

Mitchell has six games of postseason experience with the Ravens. He played in Baltimore's Super Bowl victory over the Giants after the 2000 season. In the 2000 playoffs against Tennessee, he returned a blocked field goal 90 yards for a touchdown. His most immediate opportunity with the Bengals is expected to come on special teams.

Mitchell takes the roster spot opened Tuesday by the release of defensive end Elton Patterson. Patterson was re-signed Wednesday to the Bengals' practice squad."