Hot news concerning the lots!!

The 4-hour rule is no more. Lots now will open 5 hours before kickoff. The recent issue of Bills Digest that came out for season ticket holders said this. However, the Bills site still had the 4-hour rule down. I emailed the Bills regarding this and the awning that used to cover part of the tunnel and here was the response I got:

There are no plans to put the awning back up this season. The parking lots will open 5 hours before kickoff as opposed to the 4 hours last year.

Bob Schatz

Ass’t Dir. Operations

Wasn't the NYS legislature voting on Sunday beer as well? How did that go, if at all?

Daily Double!

732362[/snapback]

Beer for sale @8AM now. :D

Great. More drinking time & easier access to beer. Although, those new public service announcements being filmed at camp will totally work and cut down on the drunks/rowdiness at games. Not hardly. Earlier beer sales + earlier parking lot openings=more drunks & more rowdiness- just what the Bills don't need.

I'm not going to drink more,but I'd rather buy my beer before entering the stadium instead of ALWAYS having to make a special trip the night before and having the ice in my cooler half melted from the 300 mile gameday trip........

732479[/snapback]

We'll save you and Kat some jello shots. :D

IRRESPONSIBLE MORONS will always find a way to show us why we are just a step above the simian.

For most of us, especially the out of towners, this just gives us more options and tailgate time with friends.

I expect the a-hole percentage will be about the same as always.

Great. More drinking time & easier access to beer. Although, those new public service announcements being filmed at camp will totally work and cut down on the drunks/rowdiness at games. Not hardly. Earlier beer sales + earlier parking lot openings=more drunks & more rowdiness- just what the Bills don't need.

732476[/snapback]

The 4-hour rule is no more. Lots now will open 5 hours before kickoff. The recent issue of Bills Digest that came out for season ticket holders said this. However, the Bills site still had the 4-hour rule down. I emailed the Bills regarding this and the awning that used to cover part of the tunnel and here was the response I got:

732359[/snapback]

I think I'm going to cry. :D

732476[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. I work in law enforcement and deal with drunks and idiots all night long. This is not a good move. Your formula is exactly right and although I don't have some study to cite, my personal experience tells me that more beer earlier in the day is not going to help anyone. Bills games are a great experience but the rowdiness is something that I'm sure almost all of us rational individuals could do without.

DJG

How come you hicks are always crying in your beer, Badol ?  :D

732499[/snapback]

I just can't believe we are gaining back ground for a change. I am more surprised by this than I would be by a playoff run this year. For the whiners, I should make note that as recently as a few seasons ago you could drive right into lot 1 early am and the parking attendants would come around later to collect your $. Now, the lot doesn't open until 8am.

I couldn't agree more.  I work in law enforcement and deal with drunks and idiots all night long.  This is not a good move.  Your formula is exactly right and although I don't have some study to cite, my personal experience tells me that more beer earlier in the day is not going to help anyone.  Bills games are a great experience but the rowdiness is something that I'm sure almost all of us rational individuals could do without.

DJG

732543[/snapback]

Maybe you should go to a game.

I have tailgated at 7 am for many years and never have any problems with drunks or people who are there erly.

Most early people are friends who cook great meals and enjoy the experience.

The lst few years with the 4 hour rule there was no reduction in drunks at the game. Check out the bus lot and you can buy anything you want...any drug in the open and they do not get there before 10 or 11.

All the trouble is after the game. And that comes from the buses and the booze sold in the game.

I have written the Bills many times about this and even the Buffalo News.

I hope they do a story about the bus lot to show where the drunks come from.

8 am sure helps the real tailgaters, now we can go back to cooking turkeys and roasts and still have time to visit with friends and discuss the days game.

Thanks to the Bills for recognizing that many of their fans are serious and relible and just because you tailgate at 7 am doesn't mean you are a drunk.

If there is a better place to be than looking over the stadium as the sun rises on a crisp November morning, with good friends and good football talk, fire burning, BBQ on, Bills flag flying.....I don't know where that would be.

Go Bills

Maybe you should go to a game.

I have tailgated at 7 am for many years and never have any problems with drunks or people who are there erly.

Most early people are friends who cook great meals and enjoy the experience.

The lst few years with the 4 hour rule there was no reduction in drunks at the game. Check out the bus lot and you can buy anything you want...any drug in the open and they do not get there before 10 or 11.

All the trouble is after the game. And that comes from the buses and the booze sold in the game.

I have written the Bills many times about this and even the Buffalo News.

I hope they do a story about the bus lot to show where the drunks come from.

8 am sure helps the real tailgaters, now we can go back to cooking turkeys and roasts and still have time to visit with friends and discuss the days game.

Thanks to the Bills for recognizing that many of their fans are serious and relible and just because you tailgate at 7 am doesn't mean you are a drunk.

If there is a better place to be than looking over the stadium as the sun rises on a crisp November morning, with good friends and good football talk, fire burning, BBQ on, Bills flag flying.....I don't know where that would be.

Go Bills

732588[/snapback]

First, I'm a season ticket holder, have been for 3 years so I have been to "a game".

Second, the trouble is not just "after the game", I have seen fights and drunks at every single game, prior to, during and after play.

I'm not against anyone drinking or partying so I completely get your point about being there an hour early to cook better food, spend more time with friends, that is what it should truly be about but unfortunately it's not for people less rational and responsible than you and I. My gut just tells me that it's not going to be about cooking food and hanging with friends, it's an extra hour of sitting around and pounding beer for many folks.

Your points are valid for responsible people, but for the those who view an NFL game as a reason to get completely sh*tfaced they are only going to take their behavior one step closer to being completely deplorable.

Often it seems that the responsible people are few and far between at professional sporting events, particularly the Bills. Look at the Denver game last year, it prompted RW to consider never having a night game again at Buffalo.

Minus the drunks, there is nothing more fun and exciting than going to a Bills game.

First, I'm a season ticket holder, have been for 3 years so I have been to "a game". 

Second, the trouble is not just "after the game", I have seen fights and drunks at every single game, prior to, during and after play.

I'm not against anyone drinking or partying so I completely get your point about being there an hour early to cook better food, spend more time with friends, that is what it should truly be about but unfortunately it's not for people less rational and responsible than you and I.  My gut just tells me that it's not going to be about cooking food and hanging with friends, it's an extra hour of sitting around and pounding beer for many folks.

Your points are valid for responsible people, but for the those who view an NFL game as a reason to get completely sh*tfaced they are only going to take their behavior one step closer to being completely deplorable. 

Often it seems that the responsible people are few and far between at professional sporting events, particularly the Bills.  Look at the Denver game last year, it prompted RW to consider never having a night game again at Buffalo.

Minus the drunks, there is nothing more fun and exciting than going to a Bills game.

732589[/snapback]

Ah, then stay home if you dont like. The 4 hour rule was ridiculous.

Ah, then stay home if you dont like.  The 4 hour rule was ridiculous.

733003[/snapback]

He's just making an observation, and a pretty obvious one at that. The extended time is a great advantage to those that want to cook, and truly enjoy the tailgating experience. But for those going for no other reason then to get lit up, the extra hour is certainly enough time to fill some fans with some more liquid courage.

He's just making an observation, and a pretty obvious one at that. The extended time is a great advantage to those that want to cook, and truly enjoy the tailgating experience. But for those going for no other reason then to get lit up, the extra hour is certainly enough time to fill some fans with some more liquid courage.

733125[/snapback]

Here's another observation that I would think is obvious. Can't these same drunks drink before getting into the lots? Last time I checked the beer can pop top works in all locations. If you are getting drunk and starting fights at the game, why would you respect open container laws in your car or outside the lot? Why punish those of us that want to have a good time tailgaiting for 5 hours because some idiots can't control themselves?

Here's another observation that I would think is obvious.  Can't these same drunks drink before getting into the lots?  Last time I checked the beer can pop top works in all locations.  If you are getting drunk and starting fights at the game, why would you respect open container laws in your car or outside the lot?  Why punish those of us that want to have a good time tailgaiting for 5 hours because some idiots can't control themselves?

733284[/snapback]

Exactly...the big problem with the 4 hour rule, besides the lessened tailgating time, is the fact that you had cars lined up along the street waiting to get in the lots. A lot of people got lined up and started drinking. What's worse? Guys drinking a few in the lots, or drinking a few and then driving into the lots? Personally, I drink very little...maybe a couple of beers while I'm eating and a bowling ball shot or 3. But I think it's safer having people in the lots when they want to get in there instead of having them drink early, and make a mad dash into the lots to get their spots.

Exactly...the big problem with the 4 hour rule, besides the lessened tailgating time, is the fact that you had cars lined up along the street waiting to get in the lots. A lot of people got lined up and started drinking. What's worse? Guys drinking a few in the lots, or drinking a few and then driving into the lots? Personally, I drink very little...maybe a couple of beers while I'm eating and a bowling ball shot or 3. But I think it's safer having people in the lots when they want to get in there instead of having them drink early, and make a mad dash into the lots to get their spots.

733286[/snapback]

Hammer's Lot opens 2-3 hours before the stadium lots. No mad dashing allowed!

It seems the Bills put up a new Drive (Lot) 1 sign about a month ago. The print is pretty small but it does state the lot opens 5 hours before kickoff. No other stadium drive (lot) sign has been changed or updated.

The parking lot in front of the field house has been totally blacktoppped. Lot 1 has not been repaired so enjoy the pond when it rains!

The ditch along side One Bills Drive has been fillled in, adding another lane for cars and a sidewalk.

Hammer's Lot opens 2-3 hours before the stadium lots. No mad dashing allowed!

It seems the Bills put up a new Drive (Lot) 1 sign about a month ago. The print is pretty small but it does state the lot opens 5 hours before kickoff. No other stadium drive (lot) sign has been changed or updated.

The parking lot in front of the field house has been totally blacktoppped. Lot 1 has not been repaired so enjoy the pond when it rains!

The ditch along side One Bills Drive has been fillled in, adding another lane for cars and a sidewalk.

735004[/snapback]

And what improvements will we see at Hammers Lot?