VCoach- Crowell starting

Pete

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#072806

Crowell In; Posey Out: It appears that Angelo Crowell will remain in the team's starting lineup this year despite the return of Takeo Spikes. Crowell to reps with the first team at strongside linebacker in place of Jeff Posey. Dick Jauron said that is the plan right now but it is there in pencil and still subject to change. Spikes took back his natural spot on the weakside and practiced in individual drills. WGR reports the team wanted him to participate in the team drills but the rainy weather scrapped that plan. Mario Haggan took the first team drills on the weakside when Spikes was out

He deserved it.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#072806

Crowell In; Posey Out: It appears that Angelo Crowell will remain in the team's starting lineup this year despite the return of Takeo Spikes. Crowell to reps with the first team at strongside linebacker in place of Jeff Posey. Dick Jauron said that is the plan right now but it is there in pencil and still subject to change. Spikes took back his natural spot on the weakside and practiced in individual drills. WGR reports the team wanted him to participate in the team drills but the rainy weather scrapped that plan. Mario Haggan took the first team drills on the weakside when Spikes was out

He deserved it.

730917[/snapback]

The best news I've heard from the Bills in many months! Posey to the bench, Crowell starting!

The only better news could be: Posey gets cut.

Yippee!

The best news I've heard from the Bills in many months! Posey to the bench, Crowell starting!

The only better news could be: Posey gets cut.

Yippee!

730922[/snapback]

Why would you want Posey to get cut? He's the 4th or best LB on the squad and can be used for depth (particularly if Spikes doesn't come back like we hope). It's not like the Bills are hard up against the cap or something.

Why would you want Posey to get cut?  He's the 4th or best LB on the squad and can be used for depth (particularly if Spikes doesn't come back like we hope).  It's not like the Bills are hard up against the cap or something.

730971[/snapback]

Some people have been told so many times that a guy "sucks" that they believe it. Others seem to have have a mentality of all players either are great, or they suck without any room for in between (Like Posey)

Some people have been told so many times that a guy "sucks" that they believe it. Others seem to have have a mentality of all players either are great, or they suck without any room for in between (Like Posey)

730979[/snapback]

It's amazing really. the guy was brought to do something (rush the passer) but the former DC used him a lot to cover TEs and drop back in coverage, guess what?

He did his job.

He's not flashy by any means but he gets the job done.

Can you improve the pos.? sure, but the guy is still a dependable player and I no see the reason to get rid of him if he's not a liability for the cover 2. If he is then we can talk.

Can anyone help me understand how the LB role is different in the Tampa 2? I thought it meant the LBs would need to be even stronger in coverage. If that's true, Posey looked stronger in coverage than Crowell to me.

Of course, I just checked the stats and Crowell's are stronger for last year.

Posey:

2 Passes defended, 0 INTs

Crowell:

3 passes defended, 2 INTs

Somewhere, Simon just started dancing.. :D

730841[/snapback]

Well I'm not going to be doing any dancing (specially since I'm going in for back surgery Monday AM), but I gotta admit this thread produced the same kind of relieved exhale as the one where we learned BennieA would no longer be manning the LG spot.

There's a lot of ifs involved (if Spikes recovers well, if Fletch can stay healthy w/ guards climbing all over him, if Crowell continues to move forward) but the Bills LB corps could really begin to approach the elite level we'd been hoping for the last few years.

Posey couldn't cover a grill. Are you kidding me?

Yeah but he can sure get after the passer... :lol::lol::lol:

Plus he's really stout at the point of attack... :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Yeah but he can sure get after the passer... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Plus he's really stout at the point of attack...  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

731080[/snapback]

I can tell you, the fact that this news came on DAY ONE of training camp makes me very happy. It sends the message that Dick ain't screwing around and if you are the guy making plays, you're going to be on the field. That's a nice change from the last two regimes.