WGR doing a show about "THE LOGO"

RayFinkle

They claim it is the talk of the town so they are commiting an entire show to it. EVERYBODY calling in hates the thing. Snoopy & the Bullfrog are defending the new design claiming the fans don't like it because it isn't the original logo. It is actually pretty sad to listen to.....fans wrong, Sabres and Quinn right.

They claim it is the talk of the town so they are commiting an entire show to it. EVERYBODY calling in hates the thing. Snoopy & the Bullfrog are defending the new design claiming the fans don't like it because it isn't the original logo. It is actually pretty sad to listen to.....fans wrong, Sabres and Quinn right.

724937[/snapback]

Gee what a surprise. They might as well be giving Darcy and Quinn a reacharound while they are at it.

Gee what a surprise.  They might as well be giving Darcy and Quinn a reacharound while they are at it.

724939[/snapback]

Schoopie is actually bashing callers who are knocking it. I haven't really listened to WGR much now that I live out of town. Schoop has always been a douche bag but WTF happened to the Bulldog. He used to be really funny and informative but now he is just Schoopie's poo boy. This is sad.

well, i hope regier and schoop and bulldog have large families that are going to buy a lot of jerseys, because every other sabre fan isnt spending a penny on the "snot-rocket to the middle of the jersey" logo design.

Schoopie is actually bashing callers who are knocking it. 

724947[/snapback]

Schoop acts like he's doing people a favor by taking their calls. I liked him when I first heard him years ago but he sounds completely pompous when he talks about anything these days and that doesn't make for good radio.

well, i hope regier and schoop and bulldog have large families that are going to buy a lot of jerseys, because every other sabre fan isnt spending a penny on the "snot-rocket to the middle of the jersey" logo design.

724949[/snapback]

how funny is it that they really have not officially announced this logo, its still jsut a rumor, and we are spewing hate like its our job.

IF that is truly the logo (I think it isn't) then the Sabres won't get a fuggin dime of my money until that abortion of a logo is destroyed.

Remember before the Bills unvieled thier new schitty uniforms, there was that one source that had what looked like legitimate logos? The while helmets with the blue buffalo, sans the red stripe? I think it's like that...

Yeah, their is a thread running over on sabresreport and it echoes these sentiments.  These guys knees are going to be real sore from worshiping the screaming weasel dicks.

724941[/snapback]

I hardly ever listen to these idiots anymore. I got Sirius and get much better info from the NFL channel. I actually wrote an e mail to WGR a while back letting them know that many people I know are tiring of the constant Bills bashing and dissmissing any caller who wants to talk objectively about the Bills. They seem to be proud of the fact that nobody from the Bills organization will deal with them anymore. I told them they are losing a lot of listeners that don't want to hear how great Regier is and how horrible everyone associated with the Bills are. I actually caught a segment where they were spoofing the Bills ticket office and pretending that the workers there were not getting any calls. Last time I looked, the Bills have sold out all but one game in the last two years. The Sabres had one of the lowest attendence records in the NHL when they were losing. I wonder if they will appologize now that 4 games are nearly sold out allready?

It must be nice to have no competition anymore. I miss WNSA!

I hardly ever listen to these idiots anymore.  I got Sirius and get much better info from the NFL channel.  I actually wrote an e mail to WGR a while back letting them know that many people I know are tiring of the constant Bills bashing and dissmissing any caller who wants to talk objectively about the Bills.  They seem to be proud of the fact that nobody from the Bills organization will deal with them anymore. 

I miss WNSA!

725117[/snapback]

Idiots yes.

Sirius is the bomb.

But hold on a minute, GR was good enough for Marv to take a paycheck from as a so called expert even though one time I remember he came on and talked to Howard Simon in the morning, you know the idiot from WNSA, and Marv actually had the gall to say he hadn't seen the game yet! And I believe that was on a Tuesday no less.

I lost some respect for Marv that day when as a paid analyst he admitted that he hadn't seen the game that he was now on the radio two days later to discuss!

What the hell Marv? Why bother coming on the radio then? Idiot.

Can it be any more transparent? First the Quinn interview where with no mention of the logo. Now a show devoted to the logo, trying to spin it against the fans. Mike Schoop is an arrogant douchebag and Bulldog is his ventriloquist's dummy. And both of them are shamelessly shilling for Quinn. Larry Quinn stepped in s**t and he is determined to keep going. The fans be damned.

PTR

I will hopefully have a custom jersey or 2 made,however they will be of the old blue & gold,black & red,and the alternates ones. NOT the new one.

725164[/snapback]

Anyone know where you can get an old school Mike Foligno jersey?

Larry Quinn stepped in s**t and he is determined to keep going.  The fans be damned.

PTR

725125[/snapback]

I thought this was sthe new Larry Quinn. Fan friendly and listened to the fans and was less arrogant about everything. If this is the new logo and they roll with it then I guess the new boss is the same as the old boss.

I personally don't believe that the fraternal order of water buffalo heai is the new logo.

I haven't heard one person from the team say anything about it and I do not believe that Golisano is going to ram something down that everyone of us left in town has signed a petitition saying that stinks give us something more like tghe original.

We'll see soon enough I guess.

I thought this was sthe new Larry Quinn. Fan friendly and listened to the fans and was less arrogant about everything. If this is the new logo and they roll with it then I guess the new boss is the same as the old boss.

I personally don't believe that the fraternal order of water buffalo heai is the new logo.

I haven't heard one person from the team say anything about it and I do not believe that Golisano is going to ram something down that everyone of us left in town has signed a petitition saying that stinks give us something more like tghe original.

We'll see soon enough I guess.

725181[/snapback]

Actually, Larry Quinn confirmed the logo in that front page Buffalo News article a few weeks ago.

The old logo is on the alternate jersey (which is just a re-colored version of the Sabres original blue uniform). I predict that we have 2 years of the Banana Slug before we switch the crest on all the uniforms to the original. This will be our Gorton's Fisherman logo, similar to the Islanders.

Actually, Larry Quinn confirmed the logo in that front page Buffalo News article a few weeks ago.

The old logo is on the alternate jersey (which is just a re-colored version of the Sabres original blue uniform).  I predict that we have 2 years of the Banana Slug before we switch the crest on all the uniforms to the original.  This will be our Gorton's Fisherman logo, similar to the Islanders.

725290[/snapback]

Yet, one could understand the the tie-in of a fisherman to a team called the Islanders. That wasn't a bad logo in and of itself. Fans wanted tradition, tho.

The prudent question is, has anyone ever seen a bright yellow horizontally vivified buffalo? Then again, maybe that's how the sabre was used, and Quinn et al. had to take it off the jersey to go wipe the blade.

Yet, one could understand the the tie-in of a fisherman to a team called the Islanders. That wasn't a bad logo in and of itself. Fans wanted tradition, tho.

The prudent question is, has anyone ever seen a bright yellow horizontally vivified buffalo? Then again, maybe that's how the sabre was used, and Quinn et al. had to take it off the jersey to go wipe the blade.

725302[/snapback]

I actually think the Gorton's logo was a bad logo (mainly because it had ISLANDERS in goofy blocky letters at it's base) but I think good logos can be bad logos for certain teams. The Banana Slug isn't that bad of a logo but it's a terrible Buffalo Sabres logo.

Not only does it not feature Sabres and break with our original logo almost as much as the Goathead, but it's clearly a logo that will not last. The best logos are the ones that are timeless, ones you can imagine your team wearing for decades.

Whatever the Sabres are wearing next season, the Banana Slug isn't going to be on the uniform come 2016. So why put it on now?

Not only does it not feature Sabres and break with our original logo almost as much as the Goathead, but it's clearly a logo that will not last.  The best logos are the ones that are timeless, ones you can imagine your team wearing for decades. 

725316[/snapback]

If I had to take a guess at what the most recognizable logos in hockey are, I'd say it's the original 6. Other than a few slight modifications, these logos have stayed the same for a long time. It's interesting how the expansion era teams have gone through so many more major logo/jersey changes in just under 40 years than the original 6 have over their entire existance (other than those 1910-1930 jerseys, which where... different).

And, those are the best - and the same in the NFL. The best uniforms are the ones that haven't changed, IMO - the Packers, the Steelers, the Raiders, etc.

The Sabres original crest is a great great logo. All these years with the red and black, everybody was saying bring back the blue and gold. I always said, I don't mind sticking with red and black, but just let's get that great logo back.

A variation on that, like I've seen posted, would be fine, too.