Worst Bills of the last 15 years

I have to agree.  I don't know if it was part of the scheme or what but the guy always lined up 40 yards behind the line of scrimmage - it was like having 10 men on the field.  I guess he managed to rack up some int's in the 80's though.

723804[/snapback]

Thank you.....that's exactly correct. Marv Levy himself said the main reason he started was because he always knew his assignment.....only problem is that there wasn't much else good to say about the guy. I kid you not....go back and watch some of the games from his era, and there are LOTS of times when you'll watch a replay and Kelso will be just coming into the picture well after the opposing WR was in the damn endzone. Kelso was nothing but a liability, IMO.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn to play

QB: Billy Joe Hoebert,

RB: Nate Turner, Darick Holmes,

WR:Al Edwards, Russel Copeland

FB: Tim Tindale (sorry homers)

TE: Lonnie Johnson

T: Mike Williams, Glenn Parker

G: Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo. Glenn Parker, Mike Devlin

C: Teague, Mike Devlin

DE: Erik Flowers

DT: Leif Larsen, Mike Lodish, Ed Philion

OLB: Eddie Robinson, Marlo Perry

MLB: Brandon Spoon

CB: Chris Watson, Marlon Kerner

FS: Matt Darby

SS: Tony Driver

K: Jake Arians

P:

ST: Charlie Rogers

HC: Mularkey

OC: Kevin Gilbride

DC:

ST:

Fina was a good tackle, but his last two years here were beyond horrible. I remember seeing him, over and over again, just stand there and watch a DE run around him to the QB. It was unbelievable. He would stand there with his hands up like he was going to block, and then just turn his body and follow the player as he ran around him.

I don't know if it was injury or what, but those last two years were examples of the worst OT play I remember seeing.

I think you have to restrict the list to starters - I mean, yeah, Antonio Brown sucked as a wide receiver, that's why he was frequently inactive and never made it past 6th on the depth chart. You might as well put Rick Strom in as the worst QB. So, of players who were at least nominally starters:

QB: Billy Joe Herbert, Rob Johnson, Todd Collins

RB: Jonathan Linton, Shawn Bryson

FB: Tim Tindale

WR: Bobby Shaw, Josh Reed, Russell Copeland, Jeremy McDaniel

TE: Sheldon Jackson, Bobby Collins, Lonnie Johnson

OT: Robert Hicks, Jerry Crafts

OG: Bennie Anderson, Mike Williams

C: Billy Conaty

DE: Erik Flowers, Chidi Ahanotou

DT: Tim Anderson, Ron Edwards

OLB: Gabe Northern, Sam Rogers

ILB: Brandon Spoon, Carlton Bailey

CB: Chris Watson, Mickey Washington

SS: Ray Hill

FS: Raion Hill

K: Jake Arians

P: Rick Tuten

KR: Antonio Brown (where he did, in fact, start)

PR: Chris Watson

HC: Mike Mularkey

OC: Joe Pendry

DC: Walt Corey (not that bad, but vs. Cottrell, Phillips, and Gray)

DLC: Chuck Dickerson

OLC: Carl Mauck

ST: Bruce DeHaven

Need some help!

723670[/snapback]

That had to the most brain-dead pick.........especially when we had the Jones

guy who replaced him........Bruce was one of the all-time ST coaches in the

NFL...

QB: Billy Joe Holbert - didn't read his playbook? :rolleyes:

RB: Carey Bender - Marv and his Coe College alum... :)

WR: Bucky Brooks - 2nd round draft pick?

FB: Jonathan Linton - no thanks

TE: Lonnie Johnson - makes Brooks look like Rice

T: Jerry Crafts - drank like a fish, blocked like one too

G: Jamie Nails - Never has a 400 pound guy been more of a kitty

C: Mike Devlin - anchored Arizona's OL after leaving Buffalo

DE: Erik Flowers - top ten bust of all time

DT: Lief Larson - proverbial strongest man at combine, to bad he didn't know how to play football

OLB: Eddie Robinson - turned Pennington into Vick

MLB: Corey Moore - he mostly played outside but he had to make the list

CB: Chris Watson - no punt catcher category to put him in

FS: Mark Kelso - "baby faced-assasin" with the ridiculous bobble-head helmet

SS: Coy Wire - it's not his fault, he just sucks

K: Shane Graham - figured out how to kick after he left

P: Rick Tuten - 1990 BUF 34.2 Avg Net punt yardage, 10 yards below his career best and 5 yards below his career average

ST: Charlie Rogers - was Terrance McGee with Det, looked like Kathrine MacPhee with Buffalo

ST Bruce DeHaven was an excellent ST coach! I think this is your biggets error.  Wade Phillips ruined the special teams and Wade used Bruce as a scapegoat.  DeHaven is still in the league and his group is always at the top.

DeHaven was very successful ST coach, but it took 1 play to ruin his reputation.

After we hit what was thought to be the game winning FG at Tennessee in that playoff game, there was a time-out before the kickoff in those closing seconds. Why the fupp he didn't pull his ST players aside before that kickoff (yes, that's known as 'coaching') and tell them no matter what to STAY IN YOUR LANES I'll still never know. I totally blame him for that, and that to me was just as heartbreaking as the bad coaching (time management & not running the ball enough) in our loss to the GIANTS in Super Bowl XXV

DeHaven was very successful ST coach, but it took 1 play to ruin his reputation.

After we hit what was thought to be the game winning FG at Tennessee in that playoff game, there was a time-out before the kickoff in those closing seconds. Why the fupp he didn't pull his ST players aside before that kickoff (yes, that's known as 'coaching') and tell them no matter what to STAY IN YOUR LANES I'll still never know. I totally blame him for that, and that to me was just as heartbreaking as the bad coaching (time management & not running the ball enough) in our loss to the GIANTS in Super Bowl XXV

723902[/snapback]

Why is your font blue and bold?

723902[/snapback]

I don't know if I agree with that. I'm not sure how successful his Special Teams have been in SF and Dallas since he left Buffalo, but it seemed like even outside of the Titans game, our Special Teams sucked that whole year and pretty much every year since Tasker left up until 2004.

But yeah, clearly Ronnie Jones was worse.

Thank you.....that's exactly correct. Marv Levy himself said the main reason he started was because he always knew his assignment.....only problem is that there wasn't much else good to say about the guy. I kid you not....go back and watch some of the games from his era, and there are LOTS of times when you'll watch a replay and Kelso will be just coming into the picture well after the opposing WR was in the damn endzone. Kelso was nothing but a liability, IMO.

723807[/snapback]

I remember a playoff game vs. the Raiders (not 51-3 but the freezing cold 93 game where there were like 3 missed PAT's)....Tim Brown catches a crossing pattern and just fakes Kelso out of his jockstrap en route to the endzone. Paul McGuire who was doing the game w/ Marv Albert for NBC says on the replay "Kelso just has no chance on this play"...LOL oh really no chance? He was right there in position to make the tackle, isn't that the FS's job?

Anyway, I hate to trash the guy too much because he was apparantly a decent player in the 80's which I'm too young to have a sharp memory of.

Also, we sadly have not had a better FS in the last 15 years :)

The dude's such a loser, I wouldn't be surprised if he was official spokesperson for the Honda Fit.

723766[/snapback]

Why do you obsess over me? Do you want to give me your Herpes? Is that it?

I've taken your list and amended it a bit.

QB: Billy Joe Hobert

RB: Nate Turner, Jonathan Linton

WR - so many: Antonio Brown, Russell Copeland, Justin Armour, Kevin Williams, Reggie Germany

FB: Damion Shelton

TE: Lonnie Johnson

T: Mike Williams, Greg Jerman

G: Bennie Anderson, Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo, Corbin Lacina, Joe Panos

C: Trey Teague,

DE: Erik Flowers, Oliver Barnett, Kendrick Office

DT: Tyrone Robertson, Leif Larsen

LB: Eddie Robinson, Keith Goganious, Damien Covington, Gabe Northern, Shaun Rogers

CB: Chris Watson, Ken Irvin, Marlon Kerner

FS: Izell Reese, Travares Tillman

SS: Coy Wire, Matt Darby

K: Jake Arians by a country mile

P: Mohr, only by default

ST: Watson, Charlie Rogers

HC: Mularkey

OC: Kevin Gilbride, Tom Clements

DC: Jerry Gray, Walt Corey

ST: Ronnie Jones