Anyone just see Moulds catch and dive

Where did getting rid of Bledsoe and Pat get us?  Did it help or hurt the team?

I am living in the present, and realistically it isn't looking good.

704996[/snapback]

They were thrown out by the last administration.

Moulds' time was up.

You honestly think no Bills receiver will not gain more than 816 yards this year?

At his current rate of decline and if JP is the QB all season, if Moulds had stayed he would have been lucky to make 500 yards all year. At least JP wants to toss the ball downfield - and Moulds is too old to get loose from double coverage - even WITH spitting in the face of the cornerback. He wa a perfect match for KH's 5 yard "bombs".

He's gone. I have no regrets about it. He was becoming an embarassment ala Conrad Dobler.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were thrown out by the last administration.

Moulds' time was up.

You honestly think no Bills receiver will not gain more than 816 yards this year?

At his current rate of decline and if JP is the QB all season, if Moulds had stayed he would have been lucky to make 500 yards all year. At least JP wants to toss the ball downfield - and Moulds is too old to get loose from double coverage - even WITH spitting in the face of the cornerback. He wa a perfect match for KH's 5 yard "bombs".

He's gone. I have no regrets about it. He was becoming an embarassment ala Conrad Dobler.

705000[/snapback]

I've been consistent in saying that I believe the Evans/Moulds would be a better combination than Evans/(whoever you want to put here from the Bills roster). Maybe Evans does better than 816 yards this year, but I bet Moulds does better than anyone on the rest of the Bills roster.

If JP will only toss the ball downfield, even if our line can't give him the time, then there is a definite flaw in his game.

Yet he was far more productive over the last two years than his over paid replacement, Peerless Price.

704796[/snapback]

Overpaid? What is Price making in '06 v. what the Bills would have had to pay Moulds?

WR is not in the top 3 areas of concern for this team. Spending a boat load of cash on an over the hill player at that position makes no sense.

Overpaid?  What is Price making in '06 v. what the Bills would have had to pay Moulds?

WR is not in the top 3 areas of concern for this team.  Spending a boat load of cash on an over the hill player at that position makes no sense.

705022[/snapback]

Did they put his cash to work elsewhere? No. So why weaken an area if you don't have to?

I've been consistent in saying that I believe the Evans/Moulds would be a better combination than Evans/(whoever you want to put here from the Bills roster).  Maybe Evans does better than 816 yards this year, but I bet Moulds does better than anyone on the rest of the Bills roster.

If JP will only toss the ball downfield, even if our line can't give him the time, then there is a definite flaw in his game.

705015[/snapback]

Too bad Marv didn't bring you in on the negotiations then.

I'm certain you'd have been able to convince Eric to stay where he didn't want to be.

You seem quite sure about that.

Talking to Carr. Showing Johnson catching passes and turning them upfield.

Shows Moulds catch an easy pass in the hands and immediately fall to the ground, with no one around him. He's practicing going down.  WTF ?

I always liked the guy but has he become a complete head case about getting hit or something ? He averaged 2.7 yards after a catch last year.

2.7 yards 

Catch and fall. Now pay me big $$ !  :)

704773[/snapback]

Your recievers are mixed up. Moulds wears #84 now, Johnson #80 was the one who caught the easy pass & immediatly fell to the ground.

Keep trying to bash Moulds, just make sure it's actaully him next time.

Did they put his cash to work elsewhere?  No.  So why weaken an area if you don't have to?

705024[/snapback]

First, 'weakening' of the area is debateable. We'll see what happens. 816 yards is hardly a huge # to make up. At the end of the year we'll see how many yards Price got plus any increase to the backup receivers over last year.

As far as 'putting the cash to work', until September we'll just have to wait and see. Are you saying that the Bills will be $10MM under the cap to start the season?

Too bad Marv didn't bring you in on the negotiations then.

I'm certain you'd have been able to convince Eric to stay where he didn't want to be.

You seem quite sure about that.

705034[/snapback]

There was no need to renegotiate. He was under contract and there was cap space.

First, 'weakening' of the area is debateable.  We'll see what happens.  816 yards is hardly a huge # to make up.  At the end of the year we'll see how many yards Price got plus any increase to the backup receivers over last year.

As far as 'putting the cash to work', until September we'll just have to wait and see.  Are you saying that the Bills will be $10MM under the cap to start the season?

705046[/snapback]

The Bills will undoubtedly be less than $10 million under the cap when the season starts since they have to sign their draftees, but that isn't going to eat up all that space.

First, 'weakening' of the area is debateable.  We'll see what happens.  816 yards is hardly a huge # to make up.  At the end of the year we'll see how many yards Price got plus any increase to the backup receivers over last year.

As far as 'putting the cash to work', until September we'll just have to wait and see.  Are you saying that the Bills will be $10MM under the cap to start the season?

705046[/snapback]

I fully agree wrt Moulds.

As for entering the season 10 mil. under, it IS possible. June 1st is said to mean far less these days, and we are seeing it in the way of no major cuts.

07 is a different story. At least 4 very good blockers are scheduled to become UFAs. They will want contracts like Hutch, and the Bills should have untold millions to spend.

I fully agree wrt Moulds.

As for entering the season 10 mil. under, it IS possible. June 1st is said to mean far less these days, and we are seeing it in the way of no major cuts.

07 is a different story. At least 4 very good blockers are scheduled to become UFAs. They will want contracts like Hutch, and the Bills should have untold millions to spend.

705056[/snapback]

Exactly. We didnt need moulds eating up any more '07 space. It makes youo salivate to think cincy isnt going to be able to keep their entire line intact. It'll be interesting to see who makes it to market. And to see if the bills are willing to pony up some cash for a decent linemen, depending on our needs.

Your recievers are mixed up.  Moulds wears #84 now, Johnson #80 was the one who caught the easy pass & immediatly fell to the ground. 

705042[/snapback]

Bumpity Bump :)

edit: Inflated contract not withstanding, If Moulds were nearly as bad as some of you seem to be convinced, he certainly would not draw the double-teams from his opponents nearly as often. There is simply no chance that they would waste time doing so. I don't see how that can be disputed.

Bumpity Bump  :)

edit: Inflated contract not withstanding, If Moulds were nearly as bad as some of you seem to be convinced, he certainly would not draw the double-teams from his opponents nearly as often. There is simply no chance that they would waste time doing so. I don't see how that can be disputed.

705070[/snapback]

Quit trying to rouse the masses. It's your birthday, go get drunk.

Exactly. An incredible 50 yards a game.

Moulds served us well for several seasons. But the last couple showed he was a shell of his former self. He never recovered his burst after that leg injury 3-4 years back.

Now, he's little more than a catch and fall guy. Rarely can gain any seperation.

Those lamenting his loss are thinking of the old Moulds. This version should retire. It's like watching O.J. playing for San Fran in 1978. A brief flash but overall, nothing.

704794[/snapback]

I'm not losing sleep over him being gone this year but at the same time, the guy can flat out play. He has made some of the most difficult catches I have ever seen by a Bills WR with all due respect to Marlin Briscoe, Frank Lewis, Jerry Butler, Andre and Bobby Chandler. He has huge hands which enabled him to make those one hand grabs. I think the fall off in most of his numbers are more the product of a crappy offense, with crappy plays, crappy quarterbacks and a really, really crappy offensive line. He has had a great career and did it with the likes of RJ, Todd Collins, Kelly Holcomb, an aging Bledsoe and Flutie at QB. His glory days are gone, I agree, but I think he still has some game left in him. Not enough to justify the salary we would have had to pay to keep him maybe but still, I wouldn't bet against him having a decent year.

Maybe he is past his prime and all but man, in his day, he

Those lamenting the loss understand what Moulds meant to the offense, as pathetic as it was.  He made life easier on all the other WRs, I'm anxious to see what Evans can do when all the attention is directed at him.

You can quote numbers all day long but I personally see those numbers reflecting more  on the passing game as a whole (QB play, OL and a viable running game to bring the safeties up to the line) than I do on Moulds decline.  Sure he's lost a step but he's still a fantastic possession WR (which the Bills sorely lack atm).

Oh, and you want stats?  Just check out the last three games to see what a motivated Moulds (and a QB that won't throw it more than 10 yards to other WRs) can bring to the table:

27 rec. for 305 yards

Yet you think he should retire?  That says a lot for our current WRs.  If Moulds should retire then we don’t have a single WR on the roster who deserves to be in the NFL because he was the best we had.

704801[/snapback]

Why don't you add the game before when his "motivation" caused him to miss it and the Bills to lose it. Then suddenly his four game figures are 6.6 or so catches a game for 76 yards a game. Or the game before that when his "motivation" caused us to lose the game. So it goes down to about 5.5 catches a game for 61 yards.

Moulds was "motivated" to save face. Period.

:)

Anything to justify trading Moulds... even if it means fabricating the truth.

Your recievers are mixed up.  Moulds wears #84 now, Johnson #80 was the one who caught the easy pass & immediatly fell to the ground. 

705042[/snapback]

Why don't you add the game before when his "motivation" caused him to miss it and the Bills to lose it. Then suddenly his four game figures are 6.6 or so catches a game for 76 yards a game. Or the game before that when his "motivation" caused us to lose the game. So it goes down to about 5.5 catches a game for 61 yards.

Moulds was "motivated" to save face. Period.

705118[/snapback]

You mean the period of time when he was used as a decoy?

:)

Anything to justify trading Moulds... even if it means fabricating the truth.

705134[/snapback]

I didn't see it, but it's true that Moulds is wearing #84 now.

Andre Johnson's the #1 WR there, and he's not giving up his jersey number to the #2 guy.