Anyone just see Moulds catch and dive

I say that based on his stats over the last few years and I care because those dollars could have been used for more solid upgrades at other positions.

704822[/snapback]

if you take out last year, he averaged 55 receptions in an offense that's built not to throw accurately or consistently to wide receivers. for the bills, he was a much better player.

as for spending money elsewhere, that's a nonstarter as an argument. the bills *still* have lots to spend if they so choose, and in any case they signed him after all the "good" players had been signed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holcomb didn't tell Moulds to fall immediately to the ground after every catch. Eric did that on his own. 

2.7 yards after the catch.

704812[/snapback]

The only times he didn't fall down after a catch was when he successfully pushed off or the opposition blew coverage. The Bills likely possess 3 receivers who can equal Mould's '05 output. He could have stayed a Bill with a reduced role and smaller salary, but no, EM's going to find out the hard way about father time.

if you take out last year, he averaged 55 receptions in an offense that's built not to throw accurately or consistently to wide receivers.  for the bills, he was a much better player.

as for spending money elsewhere, that's a nonstarter as an argument. the bills *still* have lots to spend if they so choose, and in any case they signed him after all the "good" players had been signed.

704827[/snapback]

Well, I wish they so chose. If money wasn't much of an object, I'd far prefer Eric Moulds, who I readily admit was over paid, to Peerless Price. I like a big receiver who can and will use his strength and body to get position and get some of those passes, even if they are short. I think there is a benefit to having that type of receiver on a team that frequently plays in bad weather.

Taken in total, I am not in the least bit impressed with Marv as GM. The outlook for this team looks bleaker than the back to back 2-14 seasons.

if you take out last year, he averaged 55 receptions in an offense that's built not to throw accurately or consistently to wide receivers.  for the bills, he was a much better player.

704827[/snapback]

p.s. if price sucked so bad for atlanta, then why is that the receiving corps still sucked after he left?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl2005.htm

and in his last year there, he was by far and away the only productive receiver on the team despite his meager 04 stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl2004.htm

do you think it may have something to do with, you know, the qb?

The only times he didn't fall down after a catch was when he successfully pushed off or the opposition blew coverage.  The Bills likely possess 3 receivers who can equal Mould's '05 output.  He could have stayed a Bill with a reduced role and smaller salary, but no, EM's going to find out the hard way about father time.

704830[/snapback]

Who?

p.s. if price sucked so bad for atlanta, then why is that the receiving corps still sucked after he left?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl2005.htm

and in his last year there, he was by far and away the only productive receiver on the team despite his meager 04 stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl2004.htm

do you think it may have something to do with, you know, the qb?

704832[/snapback]

So what was his problem last year? And why do you think our QB is any better than Atlantas?

So what was his problem last year?  And why do you think our QB is any better than Atlantas?

704836[/snapback]

you don't have to convince me that moulds is a better player than price - i don't have a dog in that fight. however, i do think that price is a good pickup, all things considered. he's the kind of guy capable of putting an andre rison-in-kc season. with regard to moulds, he didn't want to be here, and he wasn't going to restructure. i think the killer with him is that if they kept him this year, which was ultimately manageable, the financial numbers still would have sucked in 07 even if they did cut him.

So what was his problem last year?  And why do you think our QB is any better than Atlantas?

704836[/snapback]

last year, getting picked up by dallas at the end of camp and simply not getting on the field had pretty much everything to do with it. speaking of price, terry glenn is somewhat price-like, and look at him now. he had a number of unproductive seasons before putting up pro bowl numbers last year. the same could be said for joey galloway. bottom line -- if price is healthy, he's the second best receiver on the team and a quality #2 guy.

you don't have to convince me that moulds is a better player than price - i don't have a dog in that fight. however, i do think that price is a good pickup, all things considered. he's the kind of guy capable of putting an andre rison-in-kc season. with regard to moulds, he didn't want to be here, and he wasn't going to restructure.  i think the killer with him is that if they kept him this year, which was ultimately manageable, the financial numbers still would have sucked in 07 even if they did cut him.

704841[/snapback]

In what sense would the financial numbers have sucked? His bonus would have been spread further so the dead cap hit would have been lower.

last year, getting picked up by dallas at the end of camp and simply not getting on the field had pretty much everything to do with it. speaking of price, terry glenn is somewhat price-like, and look at him now. he had a number of unproductive seasons before putting up pro bowl numbers last year. the same could be said for joey galloway. bottom line -- if price is healthy, he's the second best receiver on the team and a quality #2 guy.

704843[/snapback]

I'm sorry but even based on his best seasons with the Bills I just don't see Price in the same class as Glenn or Galloway.

Wait a minute Scraps.  You think that Price's $1.4M could have been put to use to getting better players, but keeping and carrying Moulds and his $10M cap hit would have been the better option? :)

704853[/snapback]

Not really. Dave's point was that I shouldn't care if Price is overpaid at $1.4 million because the Bills are so far under the cap (~$10.7 million). I see his point but the Bills would still be 6.6 million under the cap if they had kept Moulds and not signed Peerless Price. Had the Bills dumped Moulds and redirected his cap savings money to fill other needs, I wouldn't complain, but that is not what they did. So since Moulds salary really wasn't/isn't the issue. I would prefer to keep Moulds since he is a far superior receiver to Price.

One really important question that the Bills need to answer is whether or not Losman is the QB of the future. To help answer that question, I would have liked the Bills to upgrade their offensive line and have a solid receiving corps. While I believe the Bills have upgraded their line, they have seriously weakened their receiving corps. I believe that Moulds offered something to this corps that the rest of the speedy smurfs on the Bills roster do not, a big possesion receiver and safety outlet. I'm afraid that we will have the same questions about Losman at this time next year that we do this year and no improvement in record to show for it.

i also wonder if kelly holcomb will build any kind of rapport with lee evans?????????????????? seems to me jp threw lee 7 td's last yera and all of erics td's came from kelly...well now that lee is the man it only makes sense that he would trust jp over kelly...god i am glad eric is gone ! go bills in"06

Spoken like a true homer.

You have no idea on the context! This was PRACTICE.

Perhaps they were running a 4th down and short yardage play, in which case you catch the ball and protect it without risking a fumble. Moulds was overpriced for this team but so is Peerless Price. I'd take Moulds over Price any day of the week.

Talking to Carr. Showing Johnson catching passes and turning them upfield.

Shows Moulds catch an easy pass in the hands and immediately fall to the ground, with no one around him. He's practicing going down.  WTF ?

I always liked the guy but has he become a complete head case about getting hit or something ? He averaged 2.7 yards after a catch last year.

2.7 yards 

Catch and fall. Now pay me big $$ !  :)

704773[/snapback]

The Bills filled a lot of needs.  Maybe not with the high-priced guys, but with better players than what they had.  And Moulds is definitely on his last legs.  His YPC average has been declining steadily for years now.

704896[/snapback]

I'm not saying he was a great receiver. However the Bills could have addressed their holes in the same way they addressed them and still have kept Moulds. Even if he is on the decline, our receiver corps was still better better with him than without him. Why create more holes where you don't need too?

I'm not saying he was a great receiver.  However the Bills could have addressed their holes in the same way they addressed them and still have kept Moulds.  Even if he is on the decline, our receiver corps was still better better with him than without him.  Why create more holes where you don't need too?

704944[/snapback]

You're forgetting one important fact.

Moulds wanted OUT of Buffalo.

HE divorced his Buffalo Bride.

Marv wanted to sign him and Moulds refused.

Moulds is gone.

Bledsoe is gone.

Fat Pat is gone.

Adams and Milloy are gone.

Let's move on. There ARE other players that rise up every year.

Living in the present, is a bit more realistic than being stuck in the past.

Coulda/Woulda/Shoulda is less productive than masturbation.

In what sense would the financial numbers have sucked?  His bonus would have been spread further so the dead cap hit would have been lower.

704844[/snapback]

You know better than that. Now that he is gone, he costs nothing in 07. Not one cent, and this was a good move imo.

Will Price be better than Moulds? Probably not. Still, we need to see what we really have in Evans as the #1 wideout, whereas he too costs big bucks.

Besides, Moulds was not aging gracefully. He was whining, pouting, and averaged 10.1 yds. per reception.

No big loss.

You're forgetting one important fact.

Moulds wanted OUT of Buffalo.

HE divorced his Buffalo Bride.

Marv wanted to sign him and Moulds refused.

Moulds is gone.

Bledsoe is gone.

Fat Pat is gone.

Adams and Milloy are gone.

Let's move on. There ARE other players that rise up every year.

Living in the present, is a bit more realistic than being stuck in the past.

Coulda/Woulda/Shoulda is less productive than masturbation.

704949[/snapback]

Where did getting rid of Bledsoe and Pat get us? Did it help or hurt the team?

I am living in the present, and realistically it isn't looking good.