Who here knows what the left lane is for????

please reassure me that there are no bills fans that believe the left lane is for you to just drive along in no matter what is in front of you, behind you or on the side of you. Please tell me that you use the left lane to pass slower moving vehicles and that you move over as soon as you "safely" pass the other vehicle. Please tell me that you do not feel it is your right to stay in a long line of cars in the left lane to pass that one car wayyyyyyyy up there ahead of you, even though the right lane is clear for quite some time. Please, please, please tell me that these are Hurricaine fans or Dolphin fans or someone other than my Bills Brethern and Sisteren that are continuously pissing me off every morning. :lol:

please reassure me that there are no bills fans that believe the left lane is for you to just drive along in no matter what is in front of you, behind you or on the side of you.  Please tell me that you use the left lane to pass slower moving vehicles and that you move over as soon as you "safely" pass the other vehicle.  Please tell me that you do not feel it is your right to stay in a long line of cars in the left lane to pass that one car wayyyyyyyy up there ahead of you, even though the right lane is clear for quite some time.  Please, please, please tell me that these are Hurricaine fans or Dolphin fans or someone other than my Bills Brethern and Sisteren that are continuously pissing me off every morning. :lol:

696988[/snapback]

Pet peeves can be brought to the wall every Thursday, from 7AM to 1PM. In the future, please refrain from peeving on Wednesdays. Thank you for your continued support.

As a solution, get a Hummer (you decide). Either way, you won't care what the person in the left lane is doing.

please reassure me that there are no bills fans that believe the left lane is for you to just drive along in no matter what is in front of you, behind you or on the side of you.  Please tell me that you use the left lane to pass slower moving vehicles and that you move over as soon as you "safely" pass the other vehicle.  Please tell me that you do not feel it is your right to stay in a long line of cars in the left lane to pass that one car wayyyyyyyy up there ahead of you, even though the right lane is clear for quite some time.  Please, please, please tell me that these are Hurricaine fans or Dolphin fans or someone other than my Bills Brethern and Sisteren that are continuously pissing me off every morning. :lol:

696988[/snapback]

I've had a long standing grudge against left lane hangers on. If your passing fine, even if you are one of those a-holes that is passing someone 1 mph faster than the car in the right lane, but the left hand lane is the passing lane and it should be enforced as so. I drive fast. Sue me. When I am going 75 mph, and I come up on some a-hole going 62 mph in the left lane, I wish to god that I had a James Bondesque missle launcher rise out of my hood and blast that slow driving jerk out of my way. There are simple rules of the road. Left=fast Right=slow.

I always thought the left lane was for the drunks and the people who do not speak, read or understand English, and who may also be drunk, driving the WRONG WAY, and therefore never drive in the left lane without having 1-2 cars in front of me, in the left lane. :lol:

My wife is a left-laner...drives me nuts! :lol: No pun intended. That's why I don't let her drive when we're travelling.  ;)

Ya think the fact that she's from Maryland might explain it?  :)

697029[/snapback]

Oh Geeze! When I drive to Baltimore airport from Jersey to make the Bills Games, driving on 95S through Maryland is crazy. You have 5 lanes of people doing 65mph. I have to Bob and weave to maintain a decent speed. Maryland people CLEARLY can not drive!

Sorry POO, I tend to stay in the left lane BUT I also move over for others to pass me. It is just much smoother in the left lane.

I've notice whenever I'm on the Thruway heading west to Buffalo, alot of the left lane drivers are from Ohio.

697026[/snapback]

That's because we know that the right lane is all beat to hell. The left is much smoother.

In the Ohio drivers ed manual it says that when passing a vehicle the overtaking driver is to honk the horn to alert the vehicle being passed. Can you imagine the noise if this was followed?

My wife is a left-laner...drives me nuts! :lol: No pun intended. That's why I don't let her drive when we're travelling.  ;)

Ya think the fact that she's from Maryland might explain it?  :)

697029[/snapback]

The Baltimore-DC area breeds left lane drivers, because

1) the expressway network has right and left exits, which means you occasionally have to drive in the left lane for your exit, which breeds the habit, and

2) Too many people in the Baltimore-DC are are !@#$ing stupid (or cab drivers...but I repeat myself). I don't mind people driving in the left lane as much as I do people doing 50 in a 65 while talking on the cell phone and reading the paper in the left lane.

I dont mind if people drive in the left lane, provided they are going at least 5-10 mph over the speed limit. Left lane is for speeders and passers. With the 70mph limit here on fla, i hate when i want to pass someone and then have to deal with some jackass doing 70 in the left lane. Move the !@#$ over into the right lane. But this isnt one of the big problems with florida drivers. there is much worse down here.

One question i have tho. I have to drive through the ghetto to get to work. why the !@#$ are black people always walking in the middle of the road? There are 2 perfectly good sidewalks, and hell, theres even a shoulder, so why is there a need to walk in the middle of the lane or in the left turn lane?

Sorry POO, I tend to stay in the left lane BUT I also move over for others to pass me.  It is just much smoother in the left lane.

697054[/snapback]

Same here.

When I do drive the highway, I keep it around 74-ish and try to move out of the way when anyone needs me to. I'm generally going fast enough that I'd be passing and moving left and right too much.

Doesn't excuse the idiots who feel the need to go 90 and make it dangerous for everyone. I especially hate people who just weave through the lanes doing 20-30 mph over like it's NASCAR without the ultra-safe cars and helmets.

I don't mind people driving in the left lane as much as I do people doing 50 in a 65 while talking on the cell phone and reading the paper in the left lane.

697068[/snapback]

That is correct CTM. A wise man once said, cars are not the place for talking on the cell phone, reading the paper, checking out yourself in the mirror, sending an email, and eating breakfast. Cars are for getting to where you need to go, and for getting blown.

I only do it when I have a Canadian behind me on the Thruway. Americans can pass though.  :lol:

697053[/snapback]

Thanks, we'll all remember that when we are pumping money into your economy going to Sabres and Bills games, or when you cross over and are driving on our free highways.

I drive in the left lane to pass and will pull over to the right or centre lane when it is clear, or if someone is coming up behind me.

One question i have tho. I have to drive through the ghetto to get to work. why the !@#$ are black people always walking in the middle of the road? There are 2 perfectly good sidewalks, and hell, theres even a shoulder, so why is there a need to walk in the middle of the lane or in the left turn lane?

697076[/snapback]

I hate to even venture down this path but you couldn't be more right. Is their some side walk hogging gang that will bust a cap in you if they see you use it? Winter time is the worst.

Ironic.  Isn't driving too fast against the rules of the road?

697078[/snapback]

You sound like someone that would drive slow in the left lane to teach us speeders "a lesson".

Ya think the fact that she's from Maryland might explain it?  ;)

697029[/snapback]

My girlfriend is from Boston and does it too so it doesn't appear to be a geographic thing. Our first car trip together with her driving almost ended the relationship. :)

You sound like someone that would drive slow in the left lane to teach us speeders "a lesson".

697144[/snapback]

I generally pull into the left lane, maintaing speed, when I approach an entrance ramp to allow traffic to safely merge. Can I assume you are the fellow who zooms up 6 feet off my rear bumper when I do that? :lol:

I hate to even venture down this path but you couldn't be more right.  Is their some side walk hogging gang that will bust a cap in you if they see you use it?  Winter time is the worst.

697140[/snapback]

I can understand in the winter time cause sometimes people don't shovel the sidewalks infront of their houses before teh plows go through so the roads are the only clear path. Although it still doesn't explain why they have to be in the middle of the roads and not off to one side.

Around my house its mostly the pre/young teens who feel too cool to use the sidewalks and have to walk spread out across the entire road while yelling and joking with each otehr, and then look at you weird when your trying to go by them and making them move to get your car through. Its like the road was meant for cars and not for the kids to hang out being "cool"

I can understand in the winter time cause sometimes people don't shovel the sidewalks infront of their houses before teh plows go through so the roads are the only clear path. Although it still doesn't explain why they have to be in the middle of the roads and not off to one side.

Around my house its mostly the pre/young teens who feel too cool to use the sidewalks and have to walk spread out across the entire road while yelling and joking with each otehr, and then look at you weird when your trying to go by them and making them move to get your car through. Its like the road was meant for cars and not for the kids to hang out being "cool"

697166[/snapback]

We must live in the same neighborhood. Sometimes I want to bump one. Not too hard, just enough to knock them over and scrape a knee.

My mother is a left hand lane driver and she won't move over for anyone. When someone passes her in the right lane she bitches about it. I try to explain to her that she needs to move over but she doesn't think she should have to....people should just drive slower than her. :lol::)

Female Lajik

Same here.

When I do drive the highway, I keep it around 74-ish and try to move out of the way when anyone needs me to.  I'm generally going fast enough that I'd be passing and moving left and right too much.

Doesn't excuse the idiots who feel the need to go 90 and make it dangerous for everyone.  I especially hate people who just weave through the lanes doing 20-30 mph over like it's NASCAR without the ultra-safe cars and helmets.

697088[/snapback]

I am the same. If the right lane is doing 65 and I have set the crusie at "74-ish", I am NOT going to slow down and move over, so you can pass me at 90 mph!

Sucks to be you! :lol:

I do make an effort, when I observe someone creeping up on me fast, to find a gap on the right that will allow them to use their license to fly, without slowing me down.

697144[/snapback]

Which brings me to my next point: most people should spend more time worrying about their own driving, and less about everyone else's. I don't need every single idiot on the road to police my driving; I need them to police their own.

It's real simple. Drive in the right. pass on the left. For those speeding and are getting pissed off at someone passing on the left, but making you slow down...too bad. There is no reason to tailgate unless some assclown REFUSES to move over when it is safe to do so. As long as you are actively passing, the left lane is OK...but, move the hell over as soon as it's safe to do so and let the speeders go by.

For those of you who say you drive in the left lane, but move over when you have to...you don't. You have other things on your mind, and then you realize some assclown is tailgating you and you get all pissed off. Or you notice you're going the same speed as the car to the right of you and there is no safe way to pull over. There is one real good solution. DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE! Pass in the left lane.

SIMPLE...no?

I generally pull into the left lane, maintaing speed, when I approach an entrance ramp to allow traffic to safely merge. Can I assume you are the fellow who zooms up 6 feet off my rear bumper when I do that? :lol:

697149[/snapback]

I get that and am generally understanding of the situation. When the person driving in the left lane stays there until they have passed every driver going .0000000000001 mph slower than them, is when I get pissed.

Colorado does it right. If you impede traffic in the left lane, you will be ticketed.

I know there are several people on the board from Atlanta, and I'm sure they'll agree with me....unless you are doing at least 85mph here, please stay out of the left lane. Since we spend most our time going 5mph on a sixteen lane highway, we feel the need to make up lost time when the road opens up. This PSA is directed at drivers with GA plates from Butts, Troup, Meriwhether, Spalding and Polk counties (did I miss any?). Oh yeah, and anyone with an Alabama plate.

I don't think people can fathom the amount of problems left lane schlepprocks can cause.

It's real simple.  Drive in the right. pass on the left.  For those speeding and are getting pissed off at someone passing on the left, but making you slow down...too bad.  There is no reason to tailgate unless some assclown REFUSES to move over when it is safe to do so.  As long as you are actively passing, the left lane is OK...but, move the hell over as soon as it's safe to do so and let the speeders go by.

For those of you who say you drive in the left lane, but move over when you have to...you don't.  You have other things on your mind, and then you realize some assclown is tailgating you and you get all pissed off.  Or you notice you're going the same speed as the car to the right of you and there is no safe way to pull over.  There is one real good solution.  DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE!  Pass in the left lane.

SIMPLE...no?

697181[/snapback]

Well put. Sometimes I stay in the left lane too long but, if soemone comes out of nowhere that is clearly going faster than me, I feel embaressed and get the heck out of the lane.

It's real simple.  Drive in the right. pass on the left.  For those speeding and are getting pissed off at someone passing on the left, but making you slow down...too bad.  There is no reason to tailgate unless some assclown REFUSES to move over when it is safe to do so.  As long as you are actively passing, the left lane is OK...but, move the hell over as soon as it's safe to do so and let the speeders go by.

For those of you who say you drive in the left lane, but move over when you have to...you don't.  You have other things on your mind, and then you realize some assclown is tailgating you and you get all pissed off.  Or you notice you're going the same speed as the car to the right of you and there is no safe way to pull over.  There is one real good solution.  DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE!  Pass in the left lane.

SIMPLE...no?

697181[/snapback]

This would sure be a good rule to follow! :lol:

Another thing about left lane passers. If you are using the left lane to pass, as you should be, please speed up while passing. It sucks when the schmuck in front of you is going 71, and needs to pass the person going 70, but the passer never accelerates and just stays at 71, thus taking roughly 10 minutes and 10 miles to make their pass. Get into the left lane, speed up to pass, and then get back over and slow down if you wish. Dont pass like a pu$$y.

697149[/snapback]

That's a good point. Left laners are no worse than right laners; the people who apparently have no concept that others and exiting or entering the highway from that lane.

And then of course there are the on-rampers, who apparently have never been instructed that the purpose of an acceleration ramp is to ACCELARATE so that you are traveling at full speed by the time you reach the merge point. I have honestly wanted to murder people who were in front of me going 35 mph and wondering why they couldn't merge onto a highway where everyone is going twice that speed.

Since we spend most our time going 5mph on a sixteen lane highway, we feel the need to make up lost time when the road opens up.

697187[/snapback]

I drove through Atlanta on my way to Birmingham to visit relatives several years ago. I thiught that was the exception rather than the rule. You have my condolences... :lol: