Sabres: ECF Game1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shortie that the 'Canes scored late was kinda fluky... Miller even followed it back into the net... That being said, I wasn't happy with the defensive shell they went into on that PP... Hand it to the 'Canes, they knew to rush the offensive zone even being one man down... Buffalo didn't exactly pull an Ottawa, yet it gave me fits... I don't like the momentum that goal might carry for the next game... If the Sabres would HAVE JUST PLAYED on that PP, it would have never happened... May very well teach them not to get too complacent though...

Still a great win... Can't complain... Sh*t happens... Hope they get the SH goal outta their system. Even the best teams let them in.

GO SABRES!

I seriously thik I am watching a different game than the rest of you sometimes...I thought, overall, Buffalo played a very strong game today. I don't think they were any more lucky than they were the better team today.

Carolina had their fair share of mental and physcal lapses, Sabres made the most of their chances. It is very rare, particularly when we are talking about the final two teams in a conference, to see one team dominate a game for 60 minutes...the Sabres beat a very good team today, because they played better...

My one small problem hockey is that it has a very fluky nature to it...Brindimours' goal aside, most every goal scored on the Sabres in the last 5 playoff games has had a "fluky" quality to it...Buffalo is scoring their goals, using skill, and they have been amazingly (I think) adept at being able to run their offense the way they want, against two very good defensive teams.

Buffalo was just the better team in the Ottawa series, and again today...just deal with it!

Arguing is futile, all your base belong to us.

695340[/snapback]

I know, I just keep seeing post after post, win or lose, people saying "they were lucky to win", the score "should hav been 2-0 for the other team, but we were lucky", "the Sabres can't expect to win, playing like that" yadda, yadda, yadda...

I for one refuse to let the despondence we have all felt over our beloved Bills from time to time, cloud my enthusiasim for what the Sabres are doing...

I seriously thik I am watching a different game than the rest of you sometimes...I thought, overall, Buffalo played a very strong game today.  I don't think they were any more lucky than they were the better team today. 

Carolina had their fair share of mental and physcal lapses, Sabres made the most of their chances.  It is very rare, particularly when we are talking about the final two teams in a conference, to see one team dominate a game for 60 minutes...the Sabres beat a very good team today, because they played better...

My one small problem hockey is that it has a very fluky nature to it...Brindimours' goal aside, most every goal scored on the Sabres in the last 5 playoff games has had a "fluky" quality to it...Buffalo is scoring their goals, using skill, and they have been amazingly (I think) adept at being able to run their offense the way they want, against two very good defensive teams.                     

Buffalo was just the better team in the Ottawa series, and again today...just deal with it!

695339[/snapback]

I agree...

And they (Buffalo) even danged a few sniped shots off the pipes... Both teams did have their chances and Buffalo was better in game 1.

The Rod Brind'Amour goal was a thing of beauty though (as was Briere's)... He put it in the perfect spot... Even hit the inside of the pipe... Miller couldn't have played it any better... The give away should have never happened... But, Sh*T happens!

Carolina is still gonna be tough, and Buffalo needs to be relentless!

Just like the McKee goal... Make the right choices, stay tuned in to what is going on... Rory and Hecht could have easily cleared... They had their heads screwed on and knew that Mckee was leaving and pushed it to the 'Canes on that play... Very wise choice... And relentless!

What's nice too is that these guys are playing for us as much as themselves.

From NHL.com:

"Right away, we knew the atmosphere was kind of special," Briere said. "Especially during the warmup, when they started chanting, 'Let's go Buffalo!' It's fun to see so many people driving here to support us."

Oh and Daniel, those people didn't drive there to support you. We've all moved out of Buffalo and live someplace else. At least us smart ones. <_<

What's nice too is that these guys are playing for us as much as themselves.

From NHL.com:

Oh and Daniel, those people didn't drive there to support you.  We've all moved out of Buffalo and live someplace else.  At least us smart ones.  <_<

695400[/snapback]

Maybe you weren't looking at all the NY tags in the parking lot, cause there were plenty of them.

Maybe you weren't looking at all the NY tags in the parking lot, cause there were plenty of them.

695407[/snapback]

Kind of hard to do that from my living room in CA. Anyway those were probably from people who just recently moved there. <_<

I'd like to see more action down around their goal than around ours. I swear they make me nervous.  <_<

Kudos to Miller. That kid is awesome!

695352[/snapback]

Yeah, if I had hair I'd be losing it!

0:)

Was at a party last night and talked to a couple of Canes' fans who were at the game (as was I). Of course, according to them Carolina "dominated" the game and "Miller can't continue to play like that." I just smiled.

They were also disappointed by the strong turnout of Buffalo fans. <_<

In the paper this morning a local writer is blaming the higher price of playoff tickets as the reason why Canes' fans are staying away. I had to laugh when I read that. There aren't many areas with a stronger economy than the Triangle. The problem isn't the price of tickets; it's the fact that professional hockey ranks a distant 4th (at least) in the area, behind college football, college basketball, and Nascar.

I seriously thik I am watching a different game than the rest of you sometimes...I thought, overall, Buffalo played a very strong game today.  I don't think they were any more lucky than they were the better team today. 

Carolina had their fair share of mental and physcal lapses, Sabres made the most of their chances.  It is very rare, particularly when we are talking about the final two teams in a conference, to see one team dominate a game for 60 minutes...the Sabres beat a very good team today, because they played better...

695339[/snapback]

I agree. Carolina controlled the play in the 1st period, Buffalo in the 2nd. The 3rd was pretty even until the last couple of minutes, which is to be expected in a one goal game. Canes had 4 more shots, Sabres goalie was better. Seemed like a fairly standard hockey win to me.