Sabres: ECF Game1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to dig how the Sabres closed the door at the end. That whole bounce back ability was seen in full effect after giving up that foolish shorthanded goal.

Still though, lots of things the Sabres can fix. Those brain farts on the PP are still killing us, and we gave them far too many chances towards the end with defensive breakdowns. God, cant I just saw my own leg off and give it to Dmitri so he can get back on the ice?

Good news is it probably should have been 5-2 with those close crossbar shots, we took home ice away from them AND the Sabres always tend to adjust very well after getting a look at their opponent in the first game. Great win by the Sabres.

YES!!!!

WE ARE SO GOOD.  And who says that the Sabres are going to be bad against Carolina.  I sure don't.

695200[/snapback]

I dont think anyone thought the Sabres were going to be bad against Carolina...but its still a LONG series and the Canes did play very well. Should make for some great hockey.

I dont think anyone thought the Sabres were going to be bad against Carolina...but its still a LONG series and the Canes did play very well.  Should make for some great hockey.

695205[/snapback]

Not thrilled with the third period. We basically gave them a 10 minute powerplay to start the period. And I don't care how "in control" they are when defending by blocking shots and boxing out, any time the puck is in your end of the ice for that long, bad things are bound to happen. They got sloppy on that last powerplay too (obviously).

Still a great road win. Already in great position for the rest of the series. Now it's time to get greedy.

I dont think anyone thought the Sabres were going to be bad against Carolina...but its still a LONG series and the Canes did play very well.  Should make for some great hockey.

695205[/snapback]

Check espn's vote for the Sabres game from this week. Almost the whole nation except for the people in NY state said Carolina would beat Buffalo. I love it when we are the underdogs and we put out a huge win against the favored team. It's a good feeling. :doh:

Check espn's vote for the Sabres game from this week.  Almost the whole nation except for the people in NY state said Carolina would beat Buffalo.  I love it when we are the underdogs and we put out a huge win against the favored team.  It's a good feeling. :doh:

695208[/snapback]

Last I checked it said 52-48% Carolina. Then again there are so many SN polls it's tough to keep track.

Just back from the game -- the crowd was great, with a strong contingent of Sabres' faithful. There were several times you could hear a "Let's Go, Buffalo" chant throughout the arena.

Best moment -- after the game, as my wife (a southern girl with no ties to any hockey team) and I were walking out, some idiot in a Canes' jersey looks at us (I'm wearing a Sabres' jersey) and says, "Do you live here? Wear the freaking home team's jersey." I'm going to simply ignore him -- after all, winning is the best comeback -- but my wife, to my complete surprise, points to her backside and says, "Kiss my ass, !@#$er."

Made my day. A new Sabres' fan is born. :doh:

Can't wait for Game 2 Monday night.

Bad defense.  Tallinder shouldn't have even had a chance on that rebound.

And that was a spectacular shot by Brind'amour.  Wow.

695161[/snapback]

Credit that goal to friggin' Rory Fitzpatrick. VERY stupid play to step up at the blue line for a hit and give up the strong side.

:doh:

Damn, this game could easily be 5-1 sabres.

695192[/snapback]

It could also have been 5-5. Miller was lights out and the defense was diving around like Greg Louganis in a prison riot.

I'd say we can't play like that too much and win but that's exactly what we did against Ottawa. Still, we're dancing with the devil. Sure would have been nice to finish one or two more chances and coast home.

Playoff hockey fuggin' rules.

Just back from the game -- the crowd was great, with a strong contingent of Sabres' faithful.  There were several times you could hear a "Let's Go, Buffalo" chant throughout the arena.

Best moment -- after the game, as my wife (a southern girl with no ties to any hockey team) and I were walking out, some idiot in a Canes' jersey looks at us (I'm wearing a Sabres' jersey) and says, "Do you live here?  Wear the freaking home team's jersey."  I'm going to simply ignore him -- after all, winning is the best comeback -- but my wife, to my complete surprise, points to her backside and says, "Kiss my ass, !@#$er."

Made my day.  A new Sabres' fan is born.  :doh:

Can't wait for Game 2 Monday night.

695221[/snapback]

That is SO sweet. Give Mrs. eball my best for that gem.

It could also have been 5-5.  Miller was lights out and the defense was diving around like Greg Louganis in a prison riot.

I'd say we can't play like that too much and win but that's exactly what we did against Ottawa.  Still, we're dancing with the devil.  Sure would have been nice to finish one or two more chances and coast home.

Playoff hockey fuggin' rules.

695227[/snapback]

agreed. i'd have felt a lot better if we didnt fold on that last PP and give up the weak SH goal. i know it was tipped, and nothing could be done, but we shouldnt have played like sh-- in our own end on a PP. If the 2nd period sabres team shows up, that would be ideal.

Check espn's vote for the Sabres game from this week.  Almost the whole nation except for the people in NY state said Carolina would beat Buffalo.  I love it when we are the underdogs and we put out a huge win against the favored team.  It's a good feeling. :doh:

695208[/snapback]

Well the new one has the majority of the country saying the Sabres win the cup. They're onto us, I hate being the favorite.

About 2 minutes into the game, you could hear the LETS GO BUFFALO chant! It was great! Thumbs up to all the Sabres fans who were there.

I am getting a kick out of the Whalercane fans who are saying on other message boards that the Sabres were lucky today and won a fluke game. They wish.