I apologize, in advance, if I offend anyone.....

Lv-Bills

It could always be worse, a guy could be seen driving a VW beetle, or a mini cooper.

693591[/snapback]

I dunno... the Italian Job made those mini cooper's look fun to tool around in... Of course, they managed to put in a Boeing 747 engine in three of them in under 2 hours, but hey, they loooked fun! :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming from the guy who is from Pittsburgh, but is a Bills fan, used to be a Penguins fan but now cheers for the Hurricanes because the Penguins aren't up to his standards of excellence.

693592[/snapback]

I like to look at it more as....A guy from Pittsburgh, who moved to an area of the country where I can actually have a very good life, who is a big Bills fan, and who now cheers for the Canes in the playoffs because it's close, I love playoff hockey, their tix are cheap, and yes, my Pens aren't in the playoffs.

Get over it man. GO CANES! As soon as the Canes win the cup, or when they play the Pens, I'll be back to normal. Until then, enjoy life my friend, after all, it's only the NHL, and we all know football is pretty much all that counts anyway.

It's almost impossible to hate the Canes, as you've seen by a number of other EX-WNY'ers. Why the hell would it bother you so much that I have adopted a local team to root for, while mine is out?

Oh yeah, I'm from Pittsburgh, and only have lived in Richmond for about 7 years now. I rooted for hometown (Richmond) Elliott to make it through Idol last night too. Is that allowed? I don't want to do something I shouldn't though.

Can we add Ford Fiesta, Chevy Cobalt, Scion TC, Mazda Miata, Dodge Neon, and any !@#$ing Saturn to the list?  :)

693588[/snapback]

DUDE, Miata is a GREAT one. Not that your others aren't great, but Miata....HELL YES. Saturns yes. And you are correct on the Neon too. If any dude is caught owning a Neon as his own ride, he should be castrated or sent to Canada! lol

I drive a LeSabre...myself and a group of 81 year olds are going cruising this weekend..only requirement is we all need to leave a blinker on...good times

693563[/snapback]

Haha, I'm wheelin in a '97 Lincoln Continental. The thing is a boat!!! tater, maybe I'll see you at the early bird special for dinner, then it's off to bingo!

Actually, I'm serious.  CNN or someone did a survey of the top 10 cars for lesbians (maybe gay men too) and Subaru was numero uno...  After that, whenever I see one on the road and I peek at the driver - sure enough there is some butchy haired, birkenstock cladded chick in the there.

693578[/snapback]

If you are acutally able to verify that the driver is wearing birkenstocks I would qualify that as more than a "peek." :)

I personally just wouldn't buy a Jetta or any VW because they have horrid reliability...being built in Mexico doesn't help either

693616[/snapback]

Word, consumer reports doesn't rate them favorably, as for my 03 Accord V6 EXL... :)

She has a 1999 or something Dodge Stratus that I can't wait to send over a cliff somewhere.

693485[/snapback]

You don't talk to me that way!

You don't talk to me that way!

I am a Division Manager!

I drive a Dodge Stratus!

Lets see...

1 friend drove a sunfire in HS and college

1 was best man in my other friends wedding, and he drove a probe, now drives a saturn

my mom drives a subaru forrester :)

Thankfully most of my other friends and myself drive pickups

Puhonix drives a corolla

I like to look at it more as....A guy from Pittsburgh, who moved to an area of the country where I can actually have a very good life, who is a big Bills fan, and who now cheers for the Canes in the playoffs because it's close, I love playoff hockey, their tix are cheap, and yes, my Pens aren't in the playoffs.

Get over it man.  GO CANES!  As soon as the Canes win the cup, or when they play the Pens, I'll be back to normal.  Until then, enjoy life my friend, after all, it's only the NHL, and we all know football is pretty much all that counts anyway.

It's almost impossible to hate the Canes, as you've seen by a number of other EX-WNY'ers.  Why the hell would it bother you so much that I have adopted a local team to root for, while mine is out?

Oh yeah, I'm from Pittsburgh, and only have lived in Richmond for about 7 years now.  I rooted for hometown (Richmond) Elliott to make it through Idol last night too.  Is that allowed?  I don't want to do something I shouldn't though.

693600[/snapback]

First of all, I hope you're not taking me TOO seriously, just as I was not taking your initial post about men driving Jettas too seriously.

I was born and raised in Buffalo, both my parents are from Buffalo and my father, uncles, and any other man in my life taught me to cheer for the Bills, Sabres and anything else that comes out of Buffalo. I was taught to cheer in good times and in bad; to always remain loyal no matter what. Currently I live in Buffalo, but I have lived in other places and I have found that I have a hard time trusting someone who jumps on the bandwagon of a new team when their old team isn't playing well. I have no problem if you cheer for the Hurricanes, that's your right, but it just gets me when you try to explain how big of a Penguins fan you are, but since they aren't doing so well you just conveniently forget about them. You remind me of the kid who wore a Dolphins cap on Bills Friday in elementary school just to be different. Or the kid who told me he was a big Cowboys fan the day after Super Bowl XXVII when I wore my Bills sweatshirt with pride. The next year that kid was a Steelers fan. Or all the kids who became who Chicago Bulls fans just because of Jordan.

It may seem frivolous to really care who roots for what team, but in my opinion it's a symbolic representation of one's ability to be loyal. If you can't root for one team in one sport all your life, then how do I know you won't ditch me someday when the going gets tough?

According to my convulted rules of being a sports fan, if you were originally from Pittsburgh and you lived there at an age where you were old enough to watch sports, then you should have been a Steelers fan and stuck with them forever. I'm glad you're a Bills fan, but how do I know you're not going to ditch the team when they really hit rock bottom?

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread. Don't take this post too seriously. And I don't really care who you root for on American Idol.

Lets see...

1 was best man in my other friends wedding, and he drove a probe, now drives a saturn

Puhonix drives a corolla

693647[/snapback]

My DAD drives a Forrester, does that make him a lesbian?

However, I also have a Hyundai Sonata 2006 that will be my soon to be wife's as soon as we are married. 

693485[/snapback]

How do you like the 06 Sonata? My wife and I are looking at buying that first family sedan and that is high on our list right now.

Lets see...

Puhonix drives a corolla

693647[/snapback]

You must be laughing all the way to the gas station.

My DAD drives a Forrester, does that make him a lesbian?

693652[/snapback]

About 7 years ago when I was looking for a new car, I was reading Consumer Reports and I saw that the Forrester was the highest rated vehicle for it's price range. My battery had died, so I was waiting for a friend to pick me up for work. he called and said he forgot but the president of our little firm would be by. This guy is 4 years younger than me and smarter than CTM, AD & SDS put together. Anyway, he asks if I'm looking for a new car, and I said that I was looking at Forresters. He turns and looks at me and deadpans, "If you buy a Forrester, I will never talk to you again. Martina Navritilova does commercials for them. They should just call them Beavers."

I'm still driving my Nissan Sentra.

I drive a silver,BMW, M3 coupe.............I rooted for hometown (Richmond) Elliott to make it through Idol last night too.

I apolgize in advance if I offend anyone but I just want to get this straight.

Some homo yuppie who drives "this" on his way home to cheer on American Idol contestants is questioning somebody else's manhood? :)

About 7 years ago when I was looking for a new car, I was reading Consumer Reports and I saw that the Forrester was the highest rated vehicle for it's price range.  My battery had died, so I was waiting for a friend to pick me up for work.  he called and said he forgot but the president of our little firm would be by.  This guy is 4 years younger than me and smarter than CTM, AD & SDS put together.  Anyway, he asks if I'm looking for a new car, and I said that I was looking at Forresters.  He turns and looks at me and deadpans, "If you buy a Forrester, I will never talk to you again.  Martina Navritilova does commercials for them.  They should just call them Beavers."

I'm still driving my Nissan Sentra.

693709[/snapback]

Subaru as a brand is not only popular among gays, but specifically markets themselves to the gay community in major cities, as well.

Which is pretty damned smart on their part. Market yourself to a demographic with a strong group identity and lots of disposable income.