I apologize, in advance, if I offend anyone.....

Lv-Bills

Subaru as a brand is not only popular among gays, but specifically markets themselves to the gay community in major cities, as well.

Which is pretty damned smart on their part.  Market yourself to a demographic with a strong group identity and lots of disposable income.

693716[/snapback]

What about the WRX STii?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This?

http://www.subaru.com/media/image/2006/imp...nsideration.gif

That's gayer than gay, that's what my neighbor used to refer to as "Spic'd out". 

(Note: he was hispanic himself.)

693725[/snapback]

Drive one and you'll change your mind.

Subaru's make the best rally cars in the world.

Although right now i can barely afford a civic :)

Although right now i can barely afford a civic :lol:

693726[/snapback]

Do you really think that you, of all people, is going to convince me a faggoty car is not, in fact, faggoty?

This is why I think you're such an idiot. You never, ever, !@#$ing learn... :)

Do you really think that you, of all people, is going to convince me a faggoty car is not, in fact, faggoty? 

This is why I think you're such an idiot.  You never, ever, !@#$ing learn...   :)

693730[/snapback]

I'm not trying to convince you. I could care less. But i doubt a car that comes with about 300 hp target demographic is gays.

Crap....I drive a Mitsubishi Gallant.....do I need to seek counceling?!?!?!.........Am I....you know........happy?!?!?!?

693646[/snapback]

LOL, I think you are good. You're on the verge of a family car. Or maybe even a business car. You're ok. I don't think one would actually expect a hot chick to be in a Galant. It would be a nice surprise, but not expected.

693726[/snapback]

Subarus are okay, but when something busts on them, you pay out the ass. My girlfriend has an Outback (I don't think she's a dyke, but that would really be something!) I just had to drive her to work yesterday because her engine light came on on Tuesday night. I don't know what happened specifically, but it was $400 to fix. And all wheel drive my ass-- I buried that thing in a ditch after the Bills-Pats game this past December when I skidded on some ice.

Also, there's a major design flaw on the Outback, IMO. When you drive on the highway, you constantly hear a whistling wind coming into the car. If you notice, on the top of the doors, there is no frame. The window just goes up, no frame enclosing the window. When the doors shut, there never seems to be a complete seal, thus creating the wind. Let me tell you, it is focking annoying!!! And I've been in several other Outbacks and noticed the same thing.

Subarus are okay, but when something busts on them, you pay out the ass.  My girlfriend has an Outback (I don't think she's a dyke, but that would really be something!)  I just had to drive her to work yesterday because her engine light came on on Tuesday night.  I don't know what happened specifically, but it was $400 to fix.  And all wheel drive my ass-- I buried that thing in a ditch after the Bills-Pats game this past December when I skidded on some ice. 

Also, there's a major design flaw on the Outback, IMO.  When you drive on the highway, you constantly hear a whistling wind coming into the car.  If you notice, on the top of the doors, there is no frame.  The window just goes up, no frame enclosing the window.  When the doors shut, there never seems to be a complete seal, thus creating the wind.  Let me tell you, it is focking annoying!!!  And I've been in several other Outbacks and noticed the same thing.

693742[/snapback]

I don't like the other Subaru models. Just the Impreza models. One thing that i noticed when I went to the US was that a lot of guys my age were driving around in cars that were going for 30+ over here. Then i checked out some dealerships and found out how much of a difference there is in prices.

First of all, I hope you're not taking me TOO seriously, just as I was not taking your initial post about men driving Jettas too seriously.

I was born and raised in Buffalo, both my parents are from Buffalo and my father, uncles, and any other man in my life taught me to cheer for the Bills, Sabres and anything else that comes out of Buffalo.  I was taught to cheer in good times and in bad; to always remain loyal no matter what.  Currently I live in Buffalo, but I have lived in other places and I have found that I have a hard time trusting someone who jumps on the bandwagon of a new team when their old team isn't playing well.  I have no problem if you cheer for the Hurricanes, that's your right, but it just gets me when you try to explain how big of a Penguins fan you are, but since they aren't doing so well you just conveniently forget about them.  You remind me of the kid who wore a Dolphins cap on Bills Friday in elementary school just to be different.  Or the kid who told me he was a big Cowboys fan the day after Super Bowl XXVII when I wore my Bills sweatshirt with pride.  The next year that kid was a Steelers fan.  Or all the kids who became who Chicago Bulls fans just because of Jordan. 

It may seem frivolous to really care who roots for what team, but in my opinion it's a symbolic representation of one's ability to be loyal.  If you can't root for one team in one sport all your life, then how do I know you won't ditch me someday when the going gets tough? 

According to my convulted rules of being a sports fan, if you were originally from Pittsburgh and you lived there at an age where you were old enough to watch sports, then you should have been a Steelers fan and stuck with them forever.  I'm glad you're a Bills fan, but how do I know you're not going to ditch the team when they really hit rock bottom? 

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread.  Don't take this post too seriously.  And I don't really care who you root for on American Idol.

693649[/snapback]

Dude, you're so off, it's not even funny. It's cool though, and I know what you mean.

I grew up in Pittsburgh. Love the Pirates, Pens and Penn State. HOWEVER, being a huge sports fan that I am, one could never get tickets to Steeler games because the whole stadium is season tickets. So, unless you know someone I lived there, but really could never go. So, I hopped on that Bills bandwagon in the early 80's. And believe me, I'm an oddball in my family. They ALL like Pittsburgh. I've been to countless Pens and even Pirates playoff games. As well as a ton of Penn State football games.

But, when you move to VA, and have Bills season tickets, and spend money galore on game-room stuff, traveling, and all of the other Bills crap, the NHL and MLB have become secondary to me.

So, on top of that, the Hurricanes are not far from here, their crowd is awesome and their prices are cheap. I've been sitting in Row B from the glass of both of their playoff runs down here for like $65 a pop in rounds 1 and 2, and about 125 to 165 for the finals games. I can sit in the upper deck in the first two rounds of playoff hockey for about $20. So, while I love playoff hockey, why not go and root for them? It's fun.

When the Pens are back in the playoffs, I'll be good. I saw the Pens play twice in Carolina this season, and rooted for Pittsburgh obviously. But since I've had a great time in Carolina, I have developed a soft spot for them. I could never do that for an NFL team. Hell, just to come to Buffalo to watch them, I have about 6 other NFL teams that are closer to me.

I hope the Canes win this series. I want to go to Cup games again. If Buffalo wins though, I'll be happy for all of you here.

It's no harder than that. My team is out, I'm enjoying the sport. And judging by the ratings for hockey, the sport could use a ton more hockey fans like me. I don't think anyone is really complaining.

I like playoff hockey. My team isn't in it.

How do you like the 06 Sonata? My wife and I are looking at buying that first family sedan and that is high on our list right now.

693678[/snapback]

Seriously man, you can't beat it. Look it up in almost every car magazine and it's rated in the top three behind Accord and Camry. Last year, I believe consumer reports had it #1.

Couple of friendly points to consider......

It's still Hyundai, so they are trying to build their reputation. Use this to your advantage. Go in there, and haggle big time on price. Mention that it's down to Accords, Camry's and the Sonata. You'll be able to get them to move big time on the sticker price, and even your trade. They are trying to build reputation, so use that to your advantage.

If you look around, at least in VA, there are Sonata's all over the road now. So, I would say the word is out that the car is reliable.

I love mine so far. I actually only got the 4 cylinder, instead of the 6, and it pulls the car great. I wanted better gas mileage. I get in the 30's with the 4 cylinder. The 6 cylinder Sonata, has a ton of power for the car, and that's the one rated top notch. I drove that one too, and loved it.

The price is about 7-10K lower than the Accord, and Camry, yet has a better warranty, is bigger inside, comes with more options, and is rated pretty much on par.

I would highly recommend it. At least, so far. And when I speak of the Sonata, I'm talking about the new 2006 model. It's a big change from 2005.

Good Luck!

I apolgize in advance if I offend anyone but I just want to get this straight.

Some homo yuppie who drives "this" on his way home to cheer on American Idol contestants is questioning somebody else's manhood?  :lol:

693713[/snapback]

Ummm yeah, that would be me. Anytime, anywhere jackass!!!

:)

That's not an "I'm gay" car.  That's a "Please go out with me because I'm rich" car.

693718[/snapback]

Actually no, I'm cool there too. I'm not rich by any means.....sans my Hyundai as my real car. But I hear ya. Don't hate, I just wanted a nice car for once. I'm not sure I can keep making payments though.....little much. Thank god for an upcoming marriage and two incomes. :)

Actually no, I'm cool there too.  I'm not rich by any means.....sans my Hyundai as my real car.  But I hear ya.  Don't hate, I just wanted a nice car for once.  I'm not sure I can keep making payments though.....little much.  Thank god for an upcoming marriage and two incomes.  :)

693786[/snapback]

The M3 you have is the 400 HP version???

693726[/snapback]

My dad used to run the paint department at Subaru in Indiana. He used to get Subaru Legacies (Not the station wagons) to drive all the time. I think we had that thing up to about 110 - 115 on the Pennsylvania Turnpike one time. I'm not sure if they are still in existance, but those things used to move pretty good.