I apologize, in advance, if I offend anyone.....

Lv-Bills

Ummm yeah, that would be me.  Anytime, anywhere jackass!!!

:)

693782[/snapback]

LOL, you either have no sense of humor or you are a dude whose ex-boyfriend drove one of the vehicles you mentioned! Get a grip man, IT WAS A JOKE. Well, kinda anyway. :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all guys driving those cars have a choice. I have a Jeep Wrangler and my wife is the one with the Volkswagen Passat, but as the child seat is in the Passat I'm usually stuck driving it. Still, it handles pretty damn well, good mileage, and we've never had any problems with it in the 4 years we've had it. My wife had a Jetta for a few years before she traded it for the Passat, and that was a car that always had little things going wrong with it...

The M3 you have is the 400 HP version???

693787[/snapback]

6 cylinder, 333 HP. It's a manual.

The car was damaged at her dealership. Car detailers sideswiped it, and wrecked into the car, damaging the right front quarter and door. They fixed it at the dealership and used it as their business car for about 5,500 miles. She sold the car to me for 29K. It's not the premium package, but it's somewhere in the middle I guess. So, between an SUV that we were gonna buy, or this, my future wife and I thought it would be cool to have this for a little while, before we have kids.

It looks brand new, it's still under warranty, and if she's telling me the truth, its about 15-18K off of would it would cost on the lot. Don't know. All I know is I like it.

Not all guys driving those cars have a choice. I have a Jeep Wrangler and my wife is the one with the Volkswagen Passat, but as the child seat is in the Passat I'm usually stuck driving it. Still, it handles pretty damn well, good mileage, and we've never had any problems with it in the 4 years we've had it. My wife had a Jetta for a few years before she traded it for the Passat, and that was a car that always had little things going wrong with it...

693806[/snapback]

I think a Passat is in the family section Gavin. You're OK. lol

But, it wouldn't hurt, if it was a Jetta, or Cabrio, to throw that carseat in there, if you are driving it!

LOL, you either have no sense of humor or you are a dude whose ex-boyfriend drove one of the vehicles you mentioned! Get a grip man, IT WAS A JOKE. Well, kinda anyway.  :)

693804[/snapback]

Sorry. One of the things that my fiance and I did talk about though, was getting this car and people steroetyping as as snob-ass richies, and that's the far from the case.

That seriously came up. But oh well. It's fun to drive. Rip away.

6 cylinder, 333 HP.  It's a manual. 

The car was damaged at her dealership.  Car detailers sideswiped it, and wrecked into the car, damaging the right front quarter and door.  They fixed it at the dealership and used it as their business car for about 5,500 miles.  She sold the car to me for 29K.  It's not the premium package, but it's somewhere in the middle I guess.  So, between an SUV that we were gonna buy, or this, my future wife and I thought it would be cool to have this for a little while, before we have kids. 

It looks brand new, it's still under warranty, and if she's telling me the truth, its about 15-18K off of would it would cost on the lot.  Don't know.  All I know is I like it.

693807[/snapback]

Ya the coupe model is beautiful. I never drove a BMW but i would love to drive that one. If it's not costing you too much on insurance, you should keep it. It would cost me close to 5k a year to insure that.

Sorry.  One of the things that my fiance and I did talk about though, was getting this car and people steroetyping as as snob-ass richies, and that's the far from the case. 

That seriously came up.  But oh well.  It's fun to drive.  Rip away.

693816[/snapback]

No worries mac, just trying to have me a little fun. :)

Seriously man......................

693781[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback. We're looking at getting a '06 used next year with under 20k on it. The '05's and prior were ugly as sin, but the redesign really caught my eye. We're also looking at the Altima but I don't care for it as much as the Sonata. The saftey ratings is what will probably sell me on it in the end, I'm not putting my wife and kid in anything less than the best.

Thanks for the feedback. We're looking at getting a '06 used next year with under 20k on it. The '05's and prior were ugly as sin, but the redesign really caught my eye.  We're also looking at the Altima but I don't care for it as much as the Sonata. The saftey ratings is what will probably sell me on it in the end, I'm not putting my wife and kid in anything less than the best.

693882[/snapback]

I didn't even think about that. 6 airbags. I'm telling you, you can't beat it. The 2006 Sonata is basically a slightly bigger Honda Accord, right down to most of the details. Look at the Accords, basically the only difference in rear-end is the lights go out on the Sonata, and in on the Accord.

I'm impressed with mine so far. I was skeptical becuase it was a Hyundai, but so far so good. 21K and counting.

I didn't even think about that.  6 airbags.  I'm telling you, you can't beat it.  The 2006 Sonata is basically a slightly bigger Honda Accord, right down to most of the details.  Look at the Accords, basically the only difference in rear-end is the lights go out on the Sonata, and in on the Accord.

I'm impressed with mine so far.  I was skeptical becuase it was a Hyundai, but so far so good.  21K and counting.

693907[/snapback]

The first time I saw a 2006 Sonata on the road, I could've sworn that it was a new Accord. Now that I've had a good chance to examine them, the Sonata's front end is a bit more appealing than the Honda's.

The first time I saw a 2006 Sonata on the road, I could've sworn that it was a new Accord. Now that I've had a good chance to examine them, the Sonata's front end is a bit more appealing than the Honda's.

693910[/snapback]

It really is. The thing you have to watch out for is making sure that you don't get a 2005 Sonata. As the one poster put it, they are ugly as hell. The 2006 Sonata is an all new version.

Honda has to think Hyundai is a pain in the ass, because this 2006 Sonata is a better looking, better priced, car. But they basically copied the Accord in spots and upgraded it in other spots. I'm telling you, I see tons of them down here.

I got a great deal on one. I got a great deal on my trade from the dealer. Just be prepared to walk away, and mention Honda and Toyota and they'll do anything to get you to buy Hyundai.

..........I'm driving in to work in the morning, and I'm in stop and go traffic or rush hour traffic, I DO NOT want to see DUDES driving Volkswagen Jetta's.  What are you, a fuggin sissy?  Seriously, when I see a silver Jetta coming up behind me, I expect to see a MILF or hot chick in there, not some hairy fat-ass dropping Krispy Kreme doughnut crumbs all over his gut.

I don't want to see some guy combing his hair in a black Jetta, or some middle aged dufus reading notes for work in a red Jetta.  I want to see mildly to wildy dynamic, and hot, chicks. 

If you are a man, driving a Jetta, a Mitsubishi Eclipse, a VW Cabriolet, or even a Toyota Celica, get a fuggin grip and attach your nuts back to your body.  Those are reserved for chicks, mostly hot, so that the rest of us can stare at them in the morning while playing with the NFL channel on Sirius satellite radio.

I personally witnessed two examples of this in Richmond today, and it make me puke.  Come on fellas, have you lost all dignity?

693446[/snapback]

So i'm guess your one of those POS"s that drives an SUV or a Hummer because it's the manly thing to do or it compromises your manliness. With todays gas prices, if you don't realize people drive those to economize, your the biggest prick on this earth. My brother drives a Volkswagon, and gets almost 60 to the gallon, hmm I guess that makes him a sissy. Stop being an !@#$ and think before you speak like a moron!

..........I'm driving in to work in the morning, and I'm in stop and go traffic or rush hour traffic, I DO NOT want to see DUDES driving Volkswagen Jetta's.  What are you, a fuggin sissy?  Seriously, when I see a silver Jetta coming up behind me, I expect to see a MILF or hot chick in there, not some hairy fat-ass dropping Krispy Kreme doughnut crumbs all over his gut.

I don't want to see some guy combing his hair in a black Jetta, or some middle aged dufus reading notes for work in a red Jetta.  I want to see mildly to wildy dynamic, and hot, chicks. 

If you are a man, driving a Jetta, a Mitsubishi Eclipse, a VW Cabriolet, or even a Toyota Celica, get a fuggin grip and attach your nuts back to your body.  Those are reserved for chicks, mostly hot, so that the rest of us can stare at them in the morning while playing with the NFL channel on Sirius satellite radio.

I personally witnessed two examples of this in Richmond today, and it make me puke.  Come on fellas, have you lost all dignity?

693446[/snapback]

What if his car was broken down and he had to drive his woman's car?? Geez, so quick to judge. :lol: If it's a well-built, gas saving, good looking car I don't see anything wrong with a guy driving one. But my only requirement is that it has to be a black one. No other colors allowed. :)