Clayton's First Day losers

well for one i like the picks and the other part is not saying it was you but i can see it now everyone who always badmouths clayton for what he says will read this article and all of a sudden think he is god

then what we will have is alot of posts agreeing with him there are way too many people on here who arent really fans of this team

The sad thing is that it's true !

677083[/snapback]

Come on San Diego....

Who is to say it is true at this point. The nice thing about being a "clayton" type is you never have to go back and admit you were wrong on players......

At this point we just dont know....

We may well have just found 3 future starters....not just starters...all pro's. If that were to happen in 2 years it wouldn't matter if every other pick we went with from here on out (and there is still some value left) was a bust.....

The sad thing is that it's true !

677083[/snapback]

Absolutely right!

I am not saying the players drafted are not good, but the Bills could probably have drafted the same players and received two extra draft picks in addition to keeping their own 2nd and 3rd round pick to boot if they played their cards right.

A serious missed opportunity. An organization with a keen acumen and draft strategy would have pounced on the opportunity.

The boys at OBD really blew it!

Absolutely right!

I am not saying the players drafted are not good, but the Bills could probably have drafted the same players and received two extra draft picks in addition to keeping their own 2nd and 3rd round pick to boot if they played their cards right.

A serious missed opportunity. An organization with a keen acumen and draft strategy would have pounced on the opportunity.

677295[/snapback]

See you use the word "probably", do you have more concrete evidences that Bills could still draft Whinter after trading down or draft McCargo without trading up?

Were you in the war room? or the whole thing is just your speculation and you badmouth OBD based on your imagination.

who gives a steve...trojan what clayton thinks......if any of these guys makes it to the probowl and our 1st pick sure sounds like he has a head start over other players picked(i mean working out with london fletcher)has to help out.....clayton will be the same guy writing a article on how smart buffalo was to draft the kid or he will spin it and write how buffalo got lucky somehow that the kid turned out ok.....point is no matter how clayton spins it......if our picks make our team then f@#ck clayton and his "insight"....go bills on day 2 of the draft and go bills in"06

3. Buffalo Bills: The Bills were in a great spot at No. 8. They had at least two teams -- Denver and Minnesota -- calling up offering draft choices to move up. Those teams were looking for quarterbacks. The Bills could have worked a deal with the Eagles, who were considering a move to No. 8 to take a defensive tackle. Taking a safety, Donte Whitner, at No. 8 instead of accepting one of those deals just wasn't a good value. Sure, maybe they weren't getting offers that matched the trade value chart, but wouldn't it have been better to move down and get anything extra. They would still have been able to get Whitner. The Bills feared losing Whitner to the Lions, who didn't get Michael Huff at No. 9. That wasn't going to happen because the Lions were taking linebacker Ernie Sims if they didn't get Huff, who went to the Raiders. The Bills went a little too conservative.

I'm a little way away over the other side of the Pacific, but can someone add a little more detail than this?

1. So we could have worked a deal but didn't. I'm sorry, that's one too many for the "could've, would've, should've" brigade for me.

2. Whitner was taken because Huff went the pick before and we thought we may lose a safety that we rated as at least a #1 pick to a team that we really thought wanted a saftey as well- the Lions. So, low and behold, after Huff and Whitner are gone, the Lions take Big Ernie.

3. The Bills went a little too conservative...Seriously?

How conservative was it to take a player most draft "betnicks" had as a mid teen to low 20 player. We traded, what a 2nd (#42) and a 3rd to move back into round 1 and draft a DT some thought could have been available as late as round 3, possibly even 4. And then we chose another Buckeye (long tradition of Buckeye CB's) deep into the first day, round 3 when some I've read some draft "betnicks" (damn Modrak and that word) had as a very late #1 or at least #2 and the NFL draft tracker rates him a 6.19 (or something).

I am suprised as everyone not over 80 or with white hair connected with the Buffalo Bills that we took Whitner and McCargo. But I'd hardly call the dealing for them as conservative. Risky, maybe. Conservative it aint. I guess if the Bills were preparing my Superannuation and the draft was there risk/ return I would be a little pissed. That said, I hope Whitner comes to camp and LIGHTs everyone up.

Absolutely right!

677295[/snapback]

Again...you don't know if that's true. You are guessing, like everyone else. You're just cheesed off because we didn't follow the scripts of the "draft experts."

PTR

Clayton's Losers

677074[/snapback]

Soooooooooooooooo, those are his first day losers? Does he have a list of one, with himself as the benefactor, of his life-long losers? Seriously, this nerd has got to be the worst so callled "insider" I have ever seen. Another example of ESPN's continued slide into mediocrity. :lol: