So Much for "In Marv We trust"....

This draft, with so many possibilities, has been totally wasted by a former HC who should have stayed retired......

Why do I keep hearing Jets fans laughing.......

Marv - Go back to Chicago, sit by the lake, and learn to feed the birds. At all, that's who your first day picks were for anyway....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

who should have we drafted?

676550[/snapback]

1.) Ngata

2.) Justice

For starters..........

Plus, we could have still had both 3rds....maybe then pick McCargo, plus the DB we got in the third anyway.

Yet....in the truest sense of Butler 2000, we LOST.

This draft, with so many possibilities, has been totally wasted by a former HC who should have stayed retired......

Why do I keep hearing Jets fans laughing.......

Marv - Go back to Chicago, sit by the lake, and learn to feed the birds. At all, that's who your first day picks were for anyway....

676544[/snapback]

and you need to create a new thread when other board experts already had many "idiot Marv" ones? :lol:

My god...so much idiocy to respond to and so little time...

These players were not selected by Marv. He made that abundantly clear. They were chosen in consensus, with the HEAVIEST WEIGHT going to the opinion of the bills' senior scouts and Tom Modrak. Then the coaching staff, whose primary job was to inform the scouts of what they were looking for and do as much evaluating and catch-up as they could on the players themselves...and THEN, with maybe a 5% sway, came Marv, whose primary job was to ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS and form a consensus.

To say "marv's picks are a disaster" is such a joke...

1.) Ngata

2.) Justice

For starters..........

Plus, we could have still had both 3rds....maybe then pick McCargo, plus the DB we got in the third anyway.

676731[/snapback]

We didn't want Ngata. Too slow.

Justice? the experts had him top 10. WTF happened there?

McCargo would have been gone before the end of the 1st round.

Admit it. You're disappointed because Kiper, Clayton, and the rest of the "experts" are not praising them.

Think about this: They are going to praise teams that do what they predicted they would do. Why? Because it makes them look smart! They spend 3 months telling everyone who is gtting picked where, and when a team doesn't follow their script, it makes them look bad.

PTR

These players were not selected by Marv. He made that abundantly clear. They were chosen in consensus, with the HEAVIEST WEIGHT going to the opinion of the bills' senior scouts and Tom Modrak. Then the coaching staff, whose primary job was to inform the scouts of what they were looking for and do as much evaluating and catch-up as they could on the players themselves...and THEN, with maybe a 5% sway, came Marv, whose primary job was to ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS and form a consensus.

676748[/snapback]

.....and for you, I've got this little piece of property in Florida that I'll let you have for a steal....

1.) Ngata

2.) Justice

For starters..........

676731[/snapback]

The Tampa 2 needs a solid safety and all we had was Coy Wire and a mediocre FA so I have no problem with going for Whitner. We certainly needed a DT and if we missed on McCargo, there was a huge drop in quality to the next guy. I know a lot of people think he would have been there for us in the second but that is pure speculation. The guy is a player, every bit as good as Bunkley and Ngata with probably more upside than either of them. I think there was a good chance he would have been gone.

I am disappointed we are letting the OL fester for another year (unless we get lucky with the FA's we signed) but you can't fix everything all at once. We absolutely needed a DT and a SS and we got two very good prospects. As for the CB in the third, I guess they don't think much of King or Greer for that matter. I really don't get that pick but the first two were solid enough.

1.) Ngata

2.) Justice

For starters..........

676731[/snapback]

As disappointed and doubtful as I am about our real draft, the one you suggest would have been worse.

Ngata is interesting based on his resume, but even with his resume he would have to present as a person who is only gonna take 1/3 to 1/4 of plays off rather than the half of plays on vacation. If he only took 1/4 or less of plays off I think he would be fine as opposing OCs and Gs would not know whether he was going to play hard or not (this is why Sam Adams was great even though he took plays off).

In addition to us fans really having no clue about what kind of man he is, we have not had our docs look at him to make a judgment whether he has a recurring injury issue or body.

I could easily see how Marv might be impressed with him or how with professional weight and condidtioning traininf he could be a good choice but without this info I can easily see how he could be passed upon.

Justice simply has character issues which caused him to plummet and the whines from fans if he had been picked in the 2nd would have been justified (particularly with us on record avoiding character issues.

Out draft is questionable but yours looks worse.

As for the CB in the third, I guess they don't think much of King or Greer for that matter.  I really don't get that pick but the first two were solid enough.

676763[/snapback]

Nate Clements insurance. Besides, who couldn't use a good CB?

PTR

As disappointed and doubtful as I am about our real draft, the one you suggest would have been worse.

Ngata is interesting based on his resume, but even with his resume he would have to present as a person who is only gonna take 1/3 to 1/4 of plays off rather than the half of plays on vacation.  If he only took 1/4 or less of plays off I think he would be fine as opposing OCs and Gs would not know whether he was going to play hard or not (this is why Sam Adams was great even though he took plays off).

In addition to us fans really having no clue about what kind of man he is, we have not had our docs look at him to make a judgment whether he has a recurring injury issue or body.

I could easily see how Marv might be impressed with him or how with professional weight and condidtioning traininf he could be a good choice but without this info I can easily see how he could be passed upon.

Justice simply has character issues which caused him to plummet and the whines from fans if he had been picked in the 2nd would have been justified (particularly with us on record avoiding character issues.

Out draft is questionable but yours looks worse.

676767[/snapback]

Bunkley and Justice would have been a better selection. Well within Marv's grasp. Justice's scrapes with the law were sophmoric at best. No real reflection of his character.

Marv just panicked and screwed the pooch at best.

Bunkley and Justice would have been a better selection. Well within Marv's grasp. Justice's scrapes with the law were sophmoric at best. No real reflection of his character.

Marv just panicked and screwed the pooch at best.

676775[/snapback]

Bunkley and Justice would have been decent, although I still favored Ngata. With

that said, we still would have had 2 - 3rds to go and so far, only our 3rd round pick seems to have been a good value....We lost the chance to pick up another early round, solid player.

1.) Ngata

2.) Justice

For starters..........

676731[/snapback]

Ngata was not worth the 8th pick. We wanted a penetrating 1-gap guy. We dont have to take "win now" guys because thats what fans want. Fans buy tickets and clap their hands.

Justice went 3 spots before the Bills' original pick in round 2. So the Bills would have had to trade up to get him. Now did they KNOW he'd go 3 spot before their original round 2 pick? No. So they likely would have traded their 3rd rounder anyway to draft Justice. Or maybe not. We'll never know. But they would have had to trade something to get him.

676748[/snapback]

He's the guy that ultimately calls the shots when it comes to football operations. He's the guy that decided to go with the “consensus idea” so when the "consensus" makes these picks he's still the guy that has to answer for it.

Look back on the guys who were realy high in the draft and then how they played out. I don't know this for sure but I would be that the surprises in the first and second round turned out to be as good as the big names.

676866[/snapback]

Possibly, but you gotta admitt, this was one of the oddest Day 1 drafts for the Bills in some time....I have no real problem witht he players (I would bet few here have ever seen them even play), it just seemed odd that we had to make a swap, and give up a draft pick to get them...I would have really liked to see an OL drafted in the first three rounds....oh well, here is crossing my fingers that Sunday makes things look better...wondering if maybe Nate Clements is on his way out...

GO Sabres!