• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills did exactly what I did not want them to do:

They friggen REACHED.

HORRIBLE.

This guy may end up being good/great, but it is like buying a $50 stock for $100.

I am very disappointed. I really thought that Marv was going to prove all of the nay sayers wrong. Oh well.

I guess you can rationalize anything if you try hard enough

674708[/snapback]

Well sorry that they didn't pick the "anointed one" (Leinart) but Levy & Modrak wanted a safety. You can thank Al Davis for f***ing things up for the Bills. If he drafted Leinart, the Bills would have traded down.

PTR

I would have posted this sooner, but the paramedics just pried my lips from around the tailpipe of my car. Are you kidding me, or what?

My Street and Smith Draft Guide had this guy rated 5th overall - at the Safety position!

The link at NFL.com grades him out at a 6.1 (6.0 being the lowest grade for a potential starter).

Somewhere Erik Flowers is laughing :(

huge buckeye fan here!  But I have never been impressed with Whitner.. He is good and solid.. but not game changing.. he will be good.... with luck have a carreer like henry jones.... don't expect anything more!

To take him at 8 just amazes me... He is not that good... Whitner does not have that much upside! 

oh well..

go bucks!

674597[/snapback]

I would disagree with you. He is very impressive for what he is, but was overshadowed the past few years. I believe he will be more a playmaker in the Cover-2.

That being said....WTF!!! This the guy I was hoping they'd trade up for from the 42.

The Bills did exactly what I did not want them to do:

They friggen REACHED.

HORRIBLE.

This guy may end up being good/great, but it is like buying a $50 stock for $100.

I am very disappointed.  I really thought that Marv was going to prove all of the nay sayers wrong. Oh well.

674737[/snapback]

You say he was a reach because Mel Kiper didn't blow a ton of smoke about Whittner. Face it, it's not about good players, it's about names. The Bills didn't draft a name, they drafted a player.

PTR

You say he was a reach because Mel Kiper didn't blow a ton of smoke about Whittner.  Face it, it's not about good players, it's about names.  The Bills didn't draft a name, they drafted a player.

PTR

674770[/snapback]

Mel Kiper and every other draft guide out there

You say he was a reach because Mel Kiper didn't blow a ton of smoke about Whittner.  Face it, it's not about good players, it's about names.  The Bills didn't draft a name, they drafted a player.

PTR

674770[/snapback]

If this Kid is the next Ed Reed it's a fantastic Pick...

Otherwise this Pick is going to be scrutinized for years to come...Just can't get around it...It's the #8 Pick Overall, the two QB's and DT's were still there...Marv will be under the Gun for a bit on this Pick... :(