OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 2006 THREAD!

sven233

I don't know about a lot of you, but with all of the excitement, there are too many new threads popping up and I just can't keep up with all of them. So, let's do our best to keep draft related talk here.

This is going to be a very exciting day (been an exciting day for me for months now) and it is finally here.

I, along with many others, want to keep up with everything. So, let's try an keep all news and comments here.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

I personally can't wait. This is the most unpredictable draft in recent memory and I think there still might be some shockers in the making! Let's have fun guys and gals!!!

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with all the rumors out there of the Bills sliding back, who might they be targeting? There is a good chance that Ngata and Bunkley might be off the board. Also, I am not sure there is a chance that Winston Justice will be there. There are a couple of teams in between 8 and 14 that may want him.....So, if all 3 of those guys are gone, where would the Bills go?

If that trade does happen (providing DA BRICK) is already off the board, I would love to see them possibly pick up Justice and then move back into the first round with Chicago late and pick up Mangold!!!!!!!

Talk about immediately improving your O-LINE! Then they could focus on Defense is the 3rd and 4th rounds (it will cost us our 2nd and 1 of our 3rds to move up back into the 1st round with Chicago). But, we probably will still have 1 of our 3rds to go DT if we wanted to.

But, witht he addition of DA BRICK or Justice and Mangold, our team would be greatly improved.

So much could happen. I just hope Marv doesn't go soft here like he did on the Moulds' trade. He should have gotten a 4th for that. I just hope he gets the job done today!

Just stay away from Ngata and Winston and this team will already be better!

With 20 minutes to go, here is your chance to become a draft guru. With all the shake up at the top, let's see who can get this figured out!

What happens at #2?

Who are the Bills going to end up taking in the 1st?

Personally I think New Orleans stays at 2 and takes Bush.

I think the Bills still und up with Bunkley. However, I have a feeling it could be Huff as well.

Any other guesses?

Clayton just said on ESPN that he doesn't think a Bills-Eagles trade will happen since the Eagles aren't willing to give up enough.

674151[/snapback]

I would not have a problem with that.....I just don't want Marv to cave!!!! It is his first year at GM and I know teams will try to push him around.

I just hope Marv holds his own!

I would not have a problem with that.....I just don't want Marv to cave!!!!  It is his first year at GM and I know teams will try to push him around. 

I just hope Marv holds his own!

674166[/snapback]

This is where Marv's age comes into play, which will be a huge bonus for Buffalo. I agree that teams will try to push him around. Yet Marv will just think to himself, "do you know what I've been through?" He is also a master psychologist. He will let the other GM's think they have the best of him, and when their guards are down, suggest something that they'll be more likely to accept, and then we'll be all praising the values of Marv as a GM.

This is where Marv's age comes into play, which will be a huge bonus for Buffalo.  I agree that teams will try to push him around.  Yet Marv will just think to himself, "do you know what I've been through?"  He is also a master psychologist.  He will let the other GM's think they have the best of him, and when their guards are down, suggest something that they'll be more likely to accept, and then we'll be all praising the values of Marv as a GM.

674172[/snapback]

I hope you are right!

This is where Marv's age comes into play, which will be a huge bonus for Buffalo.  I agree that teams will try to push him around.  Yet Marv will just think to himself, "do you know what I've been through?"  He is also a master psychologist.  He will let the other GM's think they have the best of him, and when their guards are down, suggest something that they'll be more likely to accept, and then we'll be all praising the values of Marv as a GM.

674172[/snapback]

:blink:

The Oakland Raiders pick "The Grilled Cheese Sandwich", then trades the sandwich to the Buffalo Bills for their 8th pick. Raiders then choose a baloney Sandwich.

674184[/snapback]

Good value pick.

what a horrible opening...why cant they just go right to the draft, why do they insist on annoying openings like that

674189[/snapback]

What was with that French accent crap? Are they nuts?

Well, it looks like Tennessee is going to take Young.....assuming New Orleans does take Bush, what are the Jets doing at 4?

If they don't take DA BRICK (which I think they will), what happens? Do they take Leinart? I just don't think he has the arm strength to play in NY in the winter. That is why I see them taking DA BRICK.

Here's is hoping the Jets pulling a shocker and selecting Cutler!!!!!

Well, it looks like Tennessee is going to take Young.....assuming New Orleans does take Bush, what are the Jets doing at 4? 

If they don't take DA BRICK (which I think they will), what happens?  Do they take Leinart?  I just don't think he has the arm strength to play in NY in the winter.  That is why I see them taking DA BRICK.

Here's is hoping the Jets pulling a shocker and selecting Cutler!!!!!

674196[/snapback]

Jets will take Lienhart before Cutler

Starting to get a feeling that the Jets are going to make a trade here......probably giving up both their #1s here and anoher pick (marybe a 3rd).....

The Jets fans will get their guy, but it will not be cheap.

That is too rich for my blood.

Great! Bush is out of the division & a team that wanted Hawk bad is off the clock! :blink:

674233[/snapback]

I know you want Hawk, but he will be gone at 8. There is no way he gets by both GB and SF.

But then again, I don't see how DA BRICK can get by the Jets at 4.

nfl network is a heck of a lot better than espn.

now that the top 3 are set in stone there is a solid chance we go

4 leinart

5 hawk

6 vern davis

7 cutler

8 d'brick

of course huff could get mixed in there, but if d'brick falls past the jests there is a SOLID chance he falls to us.

if leinart falls past the jests there is a chance he falls to us, we might get a kings ransom for him!