OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 2006 THREAD!

sven233

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Levy & Modrak explaining DW pick in press conference:

DW has 40" vertical leap. Has all the skills to play now. Can play SS or CB. Both ML & TM thought he was the best SS/CB in draft. Biggest reason was DW's approach to the game. (aka charecter) Levy poits out that the last 6 Super Bowl teams had stud safeties. Feels position was too important.

Leinart was never a consideration. Levy said they won't make the Bills by picking "some glamour guy." The QB position will improve when the rest of the team improves.

more on the way...

PTR

How the hell can these 2 geriatric idiots pick a second round player WITH THE 8TH OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT??! This team is officially out of the playoffs for 2007, and should consider picking Brady Quinn next year. :( F*CK YOU MARV.

DW has 40" vertical leap.  Has all the skills to play now.  Can play SS or CB.  Both ML & TM thought he was the best SS/CB in draft.  Biggest reason was DW's approach to the game.  (aka charecter)  Levy poits out that the last 6 Super Bowl teams had stud safeties.  Feels position was too important.

Leinart was never a consideration.  Levy said they won't make the Bills by picking "some glamour guy."  The QB position will improve when the rest of the team improves.

more on the way...

PTR

674664[/snapback]

Thanks ... are they streaming anything on the internet?

huge buckeye fan here!  But I have never been impressed with Whitner.. He is good and solid.. but not game changing.. he will be good.... with luck have a carreer like henry jones.... don't expect anything more!

To take him at 8 just amazes me... He is not that good... Whitner does not have that much upside! 

oh well..

go bucks!

674597[/snapback]

One of the things I heard repeatedly about Whitner was that he would have had MUCH better production had the OSU LB's, especially Hawk, not been so good...The comments I heard were that Whitner was always there where he should be and on another Defense his production would have Sky-Rocketed...

Just what I heard...I watched a bit of OSU Football the Past few Years...Whitner certainly never stood out to me...But I was mostly watching Hawk anyway... :(

Here is what I think happened......THE BILLS GOT FLUSTERED

They wanted Huff.  He was taken and they were flooded with calls and they did not know what to do.  Before they knew it, time was up and they needed to do something. 

I just think they had no clue what they wanted to do after Huff went off the board.

Marv is failing BIG TIME at GM.

674611[/snapback]

No that's not what happened. Oakland blew it for us by picking Huff. If they had picked anyone else, the Bills would have traded the #8 pick because they knew Detroit wanted Huff. With Huff gine, Whittner, who would have been there at 15, would have be chosen by the Lions. Bills wanted Whittner too much to risk losing him.

PTR

How the hell can these 2 geriatric idiots pick a second round player WITH THE 8TH OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT??!  This team is officially out of the playoffs for 2007, and should consider picking Brady Quinn next year.  :(  F*CK YOU MARV.

674671[/snapback]

Whitner isn't that bad... but I agree... Marv messed up.. At least he is having fun playing GM!!! That is what is important

How the hell can these 2 geriatric idiots pick a second round player WITH THE 8TH OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT??!  This team is officially out of the playoffs for 2007, and should consider picking Brady Quinn next year.  :(  F*CK YOU MARV.

674671[/snapback]

Comedy Central actually had live draft coverage for the #8 pick. Maybe they knew something we didnt.

DW has 40" vertical leap.  Has all the skills to play now.  Can play SS or CB.  Both ML & TM thought he was the best SS/CB in draft.  Biggest reason was DW's approach to the game.  (aka charecter)  Levy poits out that the last 6 Super Bowl teams had stud safeties.  Feels position was too important.

Leinart was never a consideration.  Levy said they won't make the Bills by picking "some glamour guy."  The QB position will improve when the rest of the team improves.

more on the way...

PTR

674664[/snapback]

Wow! The Marv Quote about Super Bowl winning Teams Starting SS's in the past few Years was pretty impressive I have to admit...Never really thought about that...Who did? :(

more on the way...

PTR

674664[/snapback]

Thanks for the update. I am sure Donte is a great player but that pick is shocking.

Well. what do we do now......looking to the 2nd round.....Maybe someway, somehow we get Mangold?

He is the best Center to come out in years. He will be gone before our pick in the 2nd, but we could trade up. But, with Marv in charge here, I don't see much good in this draft.

i was shocked, but remember dwight freeny, levi jones, edge james?

everyone thought they went too high and were not even that great at their position, but they were all fundamentally sound.

this guy is too

674583[/snapback]

I guess you can rationalize anything if you try hard enough