Tuesday Pet Peeve

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a small thing, but I am tired of people that don't accept a holiday wish in the spirit it is intended.

For Example: I say: they say:

Merry Christmas - I don't Celebrate

Happy St. Patrick's Day - I'm not Irish

Happy Easter - I'm not Christian

Merry Blow Job Day - I'm asexual

By wishing it - I hate it thrown back in my face. It is only intended as a kindness and a thought of inclusion.

Somebody could say to me "Happy Anniversary of the Turd Goddess's First Dump"

and I still wouldn't throw it back in their face if they meant it kindly.

Was thinking about this the other day - my closest friend at work (theres 8 in the dept I work in) is fans of multiple teams in the same sport. Likes the Raiders and the Bears - Raiders from growing up in Las Vegas and Bears because family is from there. Has referred to both of them as "us" or "we" especially in talking to another guy who's actually from Chitown, talking about da Bears - was doing this yesterday, that's what made me think of it. Also likes Notre Dame in college fball, but is a season ticket holder to UNLV - also an alum. I just don't understand. I like the Bills and the Sabres. That's it - even after moving away, it's not going to change. Can't be a fan of more than one team in the same sport.

People who don't take their hats off indoors drives me nuts.  What the hell do you need to wear a baseball cap indoors while watching TV, eating, etc..????

659461[/snapback]

Same thing with shoes... Who do they think they are? Fred Rogers?

And VA... Are those 4 ? marks I see... It really peeves me to see arch conservatives ask questions first... What in the hell are they becoming? Thinkers?

:P:P:D:o:)

Someone had this one last week...I was in line at the convenience store last night, and the person in front of me was LOTTO GUY. Five friggin minutes while he hemmed and hawed about which scratch offs to buy, how many lotto tickets to get, etc. :D

Someone (maybe on TBD) said once that they subtract 10 IQ points for every degree from center the cap is rotated. I like it, so I have adopted that philosophy as well.

659329[/snapback]

Actually it was Marv Levy from his book, talking about a guy that walked into the locker room that way in training camp.

I wear them backwards. :D

659619[/snapback]

Okay, I'll say it: older folks who wear their hat backwards (because a younger dude wouldn't do it.)

Sorry, man. I'm just sayin...if you've got the rim turned around, you're probably playing "Can't Touch This" on the iPod. :P

Someone (maybe on TBD) said once that they subtract 10 IQ points for every degree from center the cap is rotated. I like it, so I have adopted that philosophy as well.

I mess with people who do that. I go up to the kids and ask them if they know thier hat is on crooked. I love the blank stares which say without saying, "you're too old to "get it"... :D

659329[/snapback]

Ask them if they tripped in the parking lot, when they look at you all confused, turn around and say oh, because your hat is crooked.

Our company just switched to a thinner, flimsier ass-gasket. I'm all for saving a buck on overhead costs, but it seems a bit misguided to skimp on the only thing that's wedged between me and a whole consortia of things that want to call me "host."

Our company just switched to a thinner, flimsier ass-gasket.  I'm all for saving a buck on overhead costs, but it seems a bit misguided to skimp on the only thing that's wedged between me and a whole consortia of things that want to call me "host."

660036[/snapback]

Your not under a hood?

i cant stand lazy ass !@#$ers that need to take the elevator up or down 1 floor. Get off your lazy ass and walk up or down one flight of stairs. it might do you good.

660050[/snapback]

Some of them you don't want on the stairs. Ever get caught behind 5 foot wide in pumps?

Our company just switched to a thinner, flimsier ass-gasket.  I'm all for saving a buck on overhead costs, but it seems a bit misguided to skimp on the only thing that's wedged between me and a whole consortia of things that want to call me "host."

660036[/snapback]

But it's probably not as bad as your desk.

But it's probably not as bad as your desk.

660071[/snapback]

That really hits home. I do wipe the desk down every once in a while, because of the potential stuff that could track out of the lab. I'm a bit more carefull than some of the other people around here, though.