Anyone here willing to go to NYC April 29?

A couple hundred Bills fans with signs outside the NFL draft would at least get on ESPN. The NYC Bills Backers chapter has a ton of members. I would be willing to spend a few hours in NYC. No crazy stuff, just walking with a sign. Anybody here be willing to do that?

PTR

A couple hundred Bills fans with signs outside the NFL draft would at least get on ESPN.  The NYC Bills Backers chapter has a ton of members.  I would be willing to spend a few hours in NYC.  No crazy stuff, just walking with a sign.  Anybody here be willing to do that?

PTR

656893[/snapback]

Well I won't be able to go, but what would the signs say exactly?

I say they should have "save the Bills" on them.

A couple hundred Bills fans with signs outside the NFL draft would at least get on ESPN.  The NYC Bills Backers chapter has a ton of members.  I would be willing to spend a few hours in NYC.  No crazy stuff, just walking with a sign.  Anybody here be willing to do that?

PTR

656893[/snapback]

NFL: "You will stop making the TV show "Playmakers".

ESPN (meekly):"Yes sir."

NFL:"You won't put those protesting Buffalo malcontents on the air"

Now what do you think ESPN will say? Freedom of the Press?

Good luck though...

Great idea!

Maybe some TBD extrovert should also post an invitation here: Bengals Board.  This is important to them as well.  All small market teams should be there...

657274[/snapback]

It would be better to have many affected franchises showing solidarity. But this will only work if there is decent showing. At least 100+

PTR

I couldn't make it.

But just a suggestion - If you can get 100+ to attend, you could make signs with Bengals logos, Cleveland logos, etc. and give the appearance of multiple team's fans representing.

I'd also suggest anti-CBA signs (CBA=End of Small Markets), rather than just Bills signs. Might have more of an appeal in other cities.

I think I may actually agree on something with you

Everyday it starts looking more and more like the LA Bills will be more likely and there is going to be nothing that will satnd in the way of the NFL's moving trucks

657525[/snapback]

Miracles never cease, apparently.

Everyone knows they don't have a future of more than 10-15 years in Buffalo anyway...because in 10-15 years no one will be left in the city proper, IMO.

PTR

656893[/snapback]

I'd be willing to rally our troops. What would we be preaching?

I agree with the assessement that far too many "serious Bills fans" are too concerned with Kevin Everetts playing weight, and whether Wesley Duke would make a good tight end prospect, than the teams future. I think the rationale for people to avoid this upsetting topic is simple: it is an extremely upsetting proposition to ponder the Bills leaving Buffalo, and people often try and avoid considering upsetting situations. However, to do so may ultimately sound the teams death knell in Buffalo.

Consider, rich powerful men such as Ralph Wilson and Joel Giambra have implored you, the Bills fan to help in the efforts to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Certainly, we are not the first option in helping Wislon ensure the teams longetivity in the area, but his pleas fell on the uncaring money hungry ears of the NFL and its "new guard" of owners.

Certainly, men like Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones are nothing short of antichrists. They believe in maximizing profit at the expense of trampling 36 years of tradion, and blood sweat and tears. In other words multimillionaires want to accumulate even more millions, at the sacrifice of taking the beloved Bills from the blue collar region of Western New York. Tagliabue is a weasel and a a hyprocrite. He forcefeeds the CBA down the owners throats, citing the history and tradition of union solidarity to achieve the 30-2 vote in his favor. Then, it becomes exposed that these are the exact values that the CBA is trampling on! Some people ignore that this is going on. Others take on a doom and gloom attitude as if the death drum has already been sounded, presumably because they think it will hurt less if they just accept defeat before it actually happens. If those people were representative of America, we'd still be eating pie and chips and drinking shandys.

What we need are people of action. Contrary to what the doom and gloomers on this board think, protesting does work. Dissent breeds more dissent. The clamor becomes louder, until eventually, the powers that be cannot ignore it any longer and they will be forced to address the problem.

But time is of the essence. Undoubtedly, people may line Park Avenure when the Bills move is formally announced, but by then it will be too late. The battle lines have been drawn, and the CBA represents the first blow. We may not have the money or power of the NFL brass, but we do have the righteous indignation and outrage of the those who have been wronged.

The draft is a great place to start, but Bills games are where we can really make a mark. Eventually, these big market teams, their souless owners and their punk fans will have to make their way to the Ralph. Lets let them know how we feel. Local outlets will be all over it, and eventually we can get enough support so that the national media will start covering it. We always want our teams to have grit, toughness, and fight from the opening kickoff until the last whistle. As a fan, do you possess those qualities? What are you willing to do?

"These, Tom, are the Causeheads. They find a world-threatening issue and stick with it for about a week."

659156[/snapback]

Uhhhh...as opposed to what? Doing nothing? I thought we all want the Bills to survive? I guess we do...as long as we don't have to do anything, right?

PTR

Uhhhh...as opposed to what?  Doing nothing?  I thought we all want the Bills to survive?  I guess we do...as long as we don't have to do anything, right?

PTR

659176[/snapback]

Protest the friggin NYS and WNY governments that tax everything that moves. That threatens the long-term health of the Bills far more than anything the NFL is doing...

So what would these signs say exactly??

I would be in for this (just for laughs)...me a few of my friends are probably heading to ESPN Zone in NYC to watch the Draft...might as well stop by Radio City for a little protest!  :P  :P  :P

658656[/snapback]

................and the sign says .."long haired freaky people need not apply"

I appreciate how many people sounded off on this topic. I think with all the political pressure being applied to the NFL by our elected officials, a fan demonstration at the draft doesn't seem neccessary. Besides, I'm sure we'd all rather pay attention to the draft anyway.

However, I still think a rally of some sort down the road is possible. I know folks at 97 Rock and they tell me some kind of "Save the Bills" campaign is in the works. It may also include a rally somehwere in town. Maybe some of the Bills Backers chapters can coordinate some mini-rallies in their towns as a sign of support.

PTR

I appreciate how many people sounded off on this topic.  I think with all the political pressure being applied to the NFL by our elected officials, a fan demonstration at the draft doesn't seem neccessary.  Besides, I'm sure we'd all rather pay attention to the draft anyway.

However, I still think a rally of some sort down the road is possible.  I know folks at 97 Rock and they tell me some kind of "Save the Bills" campaign is in the works.  It may also include a rally somehwere in town.  Maybe some of the Bills Backers chapters can coordinate some mini-rallies in their towns as a sign of support.

PTR

664218[/snapback]

Definitly we should all be willing to do something. And all the naysayers and cynical 'fans' who mock our efforts to ignite any kind of rally should take a long walk off a short bridge. We understand that by itself, a online petition or a protest won't save the Bills, the same way one cigarette won't give you lung cancer. It is the accumulation of events that will ultimately trigger a chain of events which can ultimately lead to wondrous results. One signature from one person won't save the Bills, but it can have a minute impact on keeping the Bills here, just as one person's apathy or defeatist attitude (Bucky dumb&*& Gleason) can have a minute impact on triggering their departure. Rest assured we can only be helping our cause by writing senators and protesting the CBA, and we can only be hurting our cause by insulting and undermining those who do billieve their actions can, on a minute scale, effect the Bills future in Buffalo.

Definitly we should all be willing to do something. And all the naysayers and cynical 'fans' who mock our efforts to ignite any kind of rally should take a long walk off a short bridge. We understand that by itself, a online petition or a protest won't save the Bills, the same way one cigarette won't give you lung cancer. It is the accumulation of events that will ultimately trigger a chain of events which can ultimately lead to wondrous results. One signature from one person won't save the Bills, but it can have a minute impact on keeping the Bills here, just as one person's apathy or defeatist attitude (Bucky dumb&*& Gleason) can have a minute impact on triggering their departure. Rest assured we can only be helping our cause by writing senators and protesting the CBA, and we can only be hurting our cause by insulting and undermining those who do billieve their actions can, on a minute scale, effect the Bills future in Buffalo.

664389[/snapback]

Excellent post.

Another thought to add: When thinking about Bills fans protesting the CBA and fans calling sentators etc regarding the CBA, this thought MUST stretch MUCH further then just Bills fans. Losing the Bills in Buffalo would have a negative impact in the economy that would be felt ALL over Western New York.....

How about getting the hotels involved? Think a place like Days In in Hamburg won't feel the effect of a Bills move? Oh, they sure would...places like the Anchor Bar, Duff's etc would also feel the effects of a possible move.

Good thoughts, but add a line between paragraphs, man! That is hard on the eyes!! :ph34r::D

I agree with the assessement that far too many "serious Bills fans" are too concerned with Kevin Everetts playing weight, and whether Wesley Duke would make a good tight end prospect, than the teams future. I think the rationale for people to avoid this upsetting topic is simple: it is an extremely upsetting proposition to ponder the Bills leaving Buffalo, and people often try and avoid considering upsetting situations. However, to do so may ultimately sound the teams death knell in Buffalo.

Consider, rich powerful men such as Ralph Wilson and Joel Giambra have implored you, the Bills fan to help in the efforts to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Certainly, we are not the first option in helping Wislon ensure the teams longetivity in the area, but his pleas fell on the uncaring money hungry ears of the NFL and its "new guard" of owners.

Certainly, men like Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones are nothing short of antichrists. They believe in maximizing profit at the expense of trampling 36 years of tradion, and blood sweat and tears. In other words multimillionaires want to accumulate even more millions, at the sacrifice of taking the beloved Bills from the blue collar region of Western New York. Tagliabue is a weasel and a a hyprocrite. He forcefeeds the CBA down the owners throats, citing the history and tradition of union solidarity to achieve the  30-2 vote in his favor. Then, it becomes exposed that these are the exact values that the CBA is trampling on!  Some people ignore that this is going on. Others take on a doom and gloom attitude as if the death drum has already been sounded, presumably because they think it will hurt less if they just accept defeat before it actually happens. If those people were representative of America, we'd still be eating pie and chips and drinking shandys.

What we need are people of action. Contrary to what the doom and gloomers on this board think, protesting does work. Dissent breeds more dissent. The clamor becomes louder, until eventually, the powers that be cannot ignore it any longer and they will be forced to address the problem.

But time is of the essence. Undoubtedly, people may line Park Avenure when the Bills move is formally announced, but by then it will be too late. The battle lines have been drawn, and the CBA represents the first blow. We may not have the money or power of the NFL brass, but we do have the righteous indignation and outrage of the those who have been wronged.

The draft is a great place to start, but Bills games are where we can really make a mark. Eventually, these big market teams, their souless owners and their punk fans will have to make their way to the Ralph. Lets let them know how we feel. Local outlets will be all over it, and eventually we can get enough support so that the national media will start covering it. We always want our teams to have grit, toughness, and fight from the opening kickoff until the last whistle. As a fan, do you possess those qualities? What are you willing to do?

657954[/snapback]

I couldn't make it.

But just a suggestion - If you can get 100+ to attend, you could make signs with Bengals logos, Cleveland logos, etc. and give the appearance of multiple team's fans representing.

I'd also suggest anti-CBA signs (CBA=End of Small Markets), rather than just Bills signs.  Might have more of an appeal in other cities.

657353[/snapback]

This would be a smart and better protest if you could make it look like many small market teams fans are concerned versus just Bills fans

• 2 weeks later...
So who is going?  How can we get tix to the actual draft????

672634[/snapback]

Last time i went to the draft was in 2004 when we got Losman and Evans, and we had to show up the night before at MSG and stand outside for several hours. They then open the doors and give bracelets to people. THe whole thing ends at about 2:00 AM and then you have to be there at 7:00 AM where you sit around and do absolutely nothing until around 11:30, when they let you sit down.

The time before that, we showed up the day of the draft and as people left, they let people in.