The Houston Chronicle reports that it's a 5th rd

I don't believe it. Until it's reported on mass in the media I view it as rubbish. If all we get is a 5th then good WRs must be far more common than I thought. I agree with that other post saying that this trade has been very secretive....let's wait & see. :angry:

Highway robbery for the Texans.  :angry:

The Bills should have gotten at least a 3rd round pick.

IMO Moulds was worth a 2nd round pick.

652623[/snapback]

If there is NO bidding war for the player, then you got to get what is

available....Beggars cannot be choosers....

It's pretty obvious. Moulds is a great player. Of course, he's worth a little more than a 5th rounder. The problem being, something is only worth what people will give you. In this case, that's all we could get. It's better than nothing. We would have had to release him and get absolutley nothing in return. At the barganing table, the Texans obviously knew that. They agreed to a deal with Moulds. Moulds wanted to go to Texas ( No state tax, which makes it sweeter for him). If the Bills couldn't agree with the Texans on compensation, Moulds would have just said, "Release me." He would be worthless to us. He wouldn't play and would be a distraction. All said and done, it's not a great deal. But, It is all we could get.

Highway robbery for the Texans.  :angry:

The Bills should have gotten at least a 3rd round pick.

IMO Moulds was worth a 2nd round pick.

652623[/snapback]

What planet are you on. TO is worth a second, an aging- declining reciever is not.

What planet are you on. TO is worth a second, an aging- declining reciever is not.

652902[/snapback]

Your opinion is no more validated than his when you just make a statement that X is worth Y "because I said so".

I wont be upset IF they actually do something with the salary cap room this creates.....

There are still some veteran players out there that could help us....

652905[/snapback]

Problem is, I don't see Marv interested in bringing in anybody over the age of 30 cause he is building towards having a good team a year or 2 from now, and one that will be good for a few straight years. He would have to be a young veteran to be able to sign and still be as affective in a couple of years.

"This is a young team on the rise," Moulds said. "That's one of the things that appealed to me. . . . They are a better team than their record last year. They were competitive in most games and had a chance to win more [Houston was 1-6 in games decided by a touchdown or less). But in this league, teams can turn it around in hurry. You just need the players in to get it done." - Eric Moulds

Moulds is delusional, or trying to put a positve spin on the fact that this thing was all about money for him. The Texans offense was awful last year, and had most of the same problems that the Bills have, namely, an awful offensive line. I would rather have Carr than Losman, but beyond that, there was not a huge difference...this was a money grab by Moulds. Saying that he wanted to play closer to home (in 2006, the distance between Buffalo and Mississipi, is not that much bigger than Mississippi and Texas!). We all know that Moulds tenure in Buffalo was marked with instability...are the Texans, with no history, really offering him more? No, just more money....