"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy

ok.  If he isn't in the plans...cut him.  Your not getting anything for him, and all Marv is doing is prolonging the suspense and dissension. I have faith in Marv, but given his selection of Jauron, his inability to get high quality players in free agency, and what appears to be nimby namby posturing regarding Losman...I'm starting to wonder.  I have a feeling whoever picks up Losman is going to benefit at our expense over time.

646626[/snapback]

Nothing for him? Lets see. I think I know a QB from Detroit who is shopping himself at this moment. If Detroit gets picks for Harrington, then Losman is worth something.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who want to defend JP to the bitter end, how many of you personally know the kid or hang out in the Bills lockerroom on a regular basis. The truth is we have no idea why the Bills have apparently lost faith in Losman, but I do have faith that Marv is doing what is in the best interest of the team.

646601[/snapback]

I agree about Marv doing what he feels is best. I'm just shocked and disappointed about it. I liked JP Losman because he seemed to be a good guy. He was certainly one of the few Buffalo Bills who chose to live in the city full-time. He was one of Buffalo's biggest boosters.

I wanted to see him succeed, and I am confused by the rumours because there was never a legitimate report, in my opinion, incdicating a problem in the locker room. Only innuendo. (FYI: By "legitimate" I mean a real news story written by one of the Bills beat writers, ESPN, etc. Not some rooster-n-bull website with some doofus I never heard of, or a friggin' poster)

I'm a season ticket holder, so I saw JP live and on TV. In my opinion, he was no worse than the parade of QB's since Kelly, and since it was only his first year starting, I figured he would improve with time. I still don't think the Bills know what they have in him. If we dump him and he becomes a star elsewhere (say Miami?), I will be irate.

But I am no expert, never said I was, so I defer to Mr. Levy and Mr. Jauron, and hope they know what they are doing.

PTR

I agree about Marv doing what he feels is best.  I'm just shocked and disappointed about it.  I liked JP Losman because he seemed to be a good guy.  He was certainly one of the few Buffalo Bills who chose to live in the city full-time.  He was one of Buffalo's biggest boosters.

I wanted to see him succeed, and I am confused by the rumours because there was never a legitimate report, in my opinion,  incdicating a problem in the locker room.  Only innuendo.  (FYI: By "legitimate" I mean a real news story written by one of the Bills beat writers, ESPN, etc.  Not some rooster-n-bull website with some doofus I never heard of, or a friggin' poster)

I'm a season ticket holder, so I saw JP live and on TV.  In my opinion, he was no worse than the parade of QB's since Kelly, and since it was only his first year starting, I figured he would improve with time.  I still don't think the Bills know what they have in him.  If we dump him and he becomes a star elsewhere (say Miami?), I will be irate.

But I am no expert, never said I was, so I defer to Mr. Levy and Mr. Jauron, and hope they know what they are doing.

PTR

646848[/snapback]

I have said it a few times before but, what amazes me is that people will hear of a veteran questioning Losman's leadership capabilities, and assume that it means either they don't like him, or that he is not a leader. When all they are saying from everything I have read, without exception, is that he wasn't ready. He was in over his head four games into his career. They could see it in his eyes. Kelly Holcomb was A LOT MORE ready.

That does not mean in any way that when Losman is comfortable in the speed of the game that he won't be able to lead. That doesn't mean in any way that they don't like him because he's not a leader. That does not mean in any way that if he starts playing well they are not going to be 100% behind him.

Somehow "not being able to lead" when he was inexperienced became "he's a jerk and we won't foillow him and he will never be able to lead because he's not a leader." But there is no basis for it.

Somehow "not being able to lead" when he was inexperienced became "he's a jerk and we won't foillow him and he will never be able to lead because he's not a leader." But there is no basis for it.

646872[/snapback]

Charles Robinson's conjecture about JP seems to be based as much on his pre-draft "arrogant" tag as anything from last season.

Unless the rumour has substace, the Bills would be wise to quash it, ASAP.  The last thing Losman needs is "whispers" that the new coach and GM think he can't play.  They would want him to succeed, I would think.

646665[/snapback]

Absolutely... I think Marv needs to address this with the media. I'm not saying call a full-blown press conference to deny it, but he needs to tell at least one talking head that there's nothing to this rumor.

Exactly.  Is there any point at all to this thread?

646940[/snapback]

you sir are right .......... draft day needs to get here soon so that some good stuf will be around to talk about , untill then sh-- happens

Absolutely... I think Marv needs to address this with the media. I'm not saying call a full-blown press conference to deny it, but he needs to tell at least one talking head that there's nothing to this rumor.

646930[/snapback]

It could also be a leak to put a bit more fire in JP's belly for the time being. I think that's a BS thing to do, but...

It could also be a leak to put a bit more fire in JP's belly for the time being. I think that's a BS thing to do, but...

646955[/snapback]

I agree, that would be a BS thing to do. No doubt Marv has proven to be a great motivator over the years, but I think there are better ways to get it done. ... unless an extremely big wake-up call is required. :blink:

646955[/snapback]

I think the league sources may be a couple of losers with an ax to grind (Malarkey? Donahoe?). Trying to poison the water so to speak. I also think that Marv is so busy at the league meeting and with the Moulds negotiations that he simply doesn't have the time to even comment about this nonsense.

I have said it a few times before but, what amazes me is that people will hear of a veteran questioning Losman's leadership capabilities, and assume that it means either they don't like him, or that he is not a leader. When all they are saying from everything I have read, without exception, is that he wasn't ready. He was in over his head four games into his career. They could see it in his eyes. Kelly Holcomb was A LOT MORE ready.

That does not mean in any way that when Losman is comfortable in the speed of the game that he won't be able to lead. That doesn't mean in any way that they don't like him because he's not a leader. That does not mean in any way that if he starts playing well they are not going to be 100% behind him.

646872[/snapback]

Ditto Kelly

646872[/snapback]

Kelly, I see what you are saying, but at the same time, the fans were led to believe that Losman was in Buffalo all last year, making all the throws, looking great, ready to start, learning the playbook, etc.... And then he looked like a peewee Qb in the NFL.

What are the people to belive when they hear those story and then see they are bull sh--. Again, stories are stories, people believe what they want. Two people can watch the same thing but see two different things. That's what make each of us unique.

Kelly, I see what you are saying, but at the same time, the fans were led to believe that Losman was in Buffalo all last year, making all the throws, looking great, ready to start, learning the playbook, etc.... And then he looked like a peewee Qb in the NFL. 

What are the people to belive when they hear those story and then see they are bull sh--.  Again, stories are stories, people believe what they want.  Two people can watch the same thing but see two different things.  That's what make each of us unique.

647077[/snapback]

True. And good points, although I don't think he looked like a peewee, I think he looked like a young, raw, talented, woefully inexperienced NFL player at the hardest position in all of sports in over his head in a personal and team tailspin, getting little help from his coaches or teammates and running for his life trying to make a play.

What are the people to belive when they hear those story and then see they are bull sh--. 

647077[/snapback]

Doing it on the practice field and doing in live game action are two entirely different things, as ANY good NFL fan knows. If some bought the "off-season story" lock, stock and barrel, then they truly are candidates to buy a bridge in Brooklyn.

Does that mean JP's a bust? The people saying that now are just as much candidates to help close the bridge sale, IMO.

True. And good points, although I don't think he looked like a peewee, I think he looked like a young, raw, talented, woefully inexperienced NFL player at the hardest position in all of sports in over his head in a personal and team tailspin, getting little help from his coaches or teammates and running for his life trying to make a play.

647094[/snapback]

I also thought he looked overwhelmed after the Texans game.....but I also KNEW that this was the way the season was going to go for JP....he was going to be up and down as he worked his way through his (basically) rookie season....

The thing I did not count on was our defense falling apart....I thought we would be strong enough to overcome the early JPL mistakes and he would hit his stride later on.....it didn't work that way....

I just want to see JPL come out in training camp this year and put all this debocle to rest. I am rooting for him becuase he cost us an awful lot.

The only one that you could argue who has publicly lost faith in JP is Moulds and he will be gone soon. I'll wager that Evans has some faith in JP and I know of no reason why the front office shouldn't have some either. The only way the Bills could really want to trade Losman is if ole' Ralphie wants him gone because he reminds him too much of Mularkey and/or Donahoe...

The only one that you could argue who has publicly lost faith in JP is Moulds and he will be gone soon. I'll wager that Evans has some faith in JP and I know of no reason why the front office shouldn't have some either. The only way the Bills could really want to trade Losman is if ole' Ralphie wants him gone because he reminds him too much of Mularkey and/or Donahoe...

647106[/snapback]

That's the most important aspect in this entire thing. As Bills fans, each and everyone of us should WANT JP Losman to excel. We really should, wther you think he sucks or not. Because if he does, that means we have a young, strong-armed, athletic, fiery, mobile, cocky quarterback who loves Buffalo. If Craig Nall excels, we have a young, decent armed, not very athletic, confident, slow-footed quarterback who just wants a chance anywhere.

This is starting to get ridiculous.

JP played 8 games. Thats it. In those 8 games he looked awful, brilliant and every spot in between. Give the kid a chance.

Give him a full year as the starter, then look at what you have. From the beginning of the year to the end. My guess is that you'll have a guy who has increased his moments of brilliance and reduced his god awful moments signficantly.

Remember it took years for Brees to develop in San Diego, McNair in Tenn etc. Open competition between the QBs, sure. I hope JP wins. I hope he becomes the starter because he does have talent. Lets give him a chance and not beat him down.

This is starting to get ridiculous. 

JP played 8 games.  Thats it.  In those 8 games he looked awful, brilliant and every spot in between.  Give the kid a chance. 

Give him a full year as the starter, then look at what you have.  From the beginning of the year to the end.  My guess is that you'll have a guy who has increased his moments of brilliance and reduced his god awful moments signficantly. 

Remember it took years for Brees to develop in San Diego, McNair in Tenn etc.  Open competition between the QBs, sure.  I hope JP wins.  I hope he becomes the starter because he does have talent.  Lets give him a chance and not beat him down.

647132[/snapback]

According to the "rumors" it is not so much of a talent issue as it is a character issue.