"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy

To those who want to defend JP to the bitter end, how many of you personally know the kid or hang out in the Bills lockerroom on a regular basis. The truth is we have no idea why the Bills have apparently lost faith in Losman, but I do have faith that Marv is doing what is in the best interest of the team.

646601[/snapback]

Your leaps in logic and information interpretation are truly astounding.

Give it up dude. Just as we do not know what is going on in the locker room, neither do you or all the other JP haters. You simply assume, for your own purposes, that the bad stuff must be true. When making a biased "assumption" be sure to not subject the reader to a "factual" conclusion. At least give us the benefit of a form of self-policing intellectual honesty.

Some of the things that really stands out for me in this JP "discussions" are:

1. JP MOVED to Buffalo, and remained here most of the last off season (except vacation.) I think he even moved his mom here. As a native Buffalonian I must say this earns him big props right off. The dude actually LIKES Buffalo. Lets not ruin it for him if we don't have to, eh?

2. Unlike Moulds and a number of other players, JP has initiated NO BAD PRESS! He is never quoted as being disgruntled. He never calls out his teammates in public. He in every way "appears to be" the kind of TEAM FIRST guy that a real Bills fan can appreciate.

3. Given that #1 and #2 are FACTS - and the COMPLETE absence of refuting information - I find it nothing short of amazing for guys to be going around bad mouthing him. Combine that with his whopping half a season play, and I find most of these rants moronic at best, and downright mean-spirited at worst.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the "rumors" it is not so much of a talent issue as it is a character issue.

We don't know squat about what really happens in that locker room despite opinions to the contrary. You get some statements flippantly made to the press by vets who realize the end of their careers is near and some people are ready to give up on the guy.

Look, I have no idea if JP can play QB in the NFL. Neither does anyone else on this board. Neither, for that matter, do most of the Bills right now. All I'm saying is to try and have a little patience with the kid before we crucify him. This incessant beating of JP before he has even had a chance to prove himself is getting tiresome.

According to the "rumors" it is not so much of a talent issue as it is a character issue.

647160[/snapback]

Please list these "rumors." For the record, just list them and ask them to be pinned.

Moreover, explain why you think the "rumors" have so much credence as to make you conclude they are "true."

I will venture a guess that this is (again) a case of "I believe the rumors because they support my position."

I'll also venture you'll look like foolish trying to prove your case. [Or foolish by never attempting . . . ]

Please list these "rumors."  For the record, just list them and ask them to be pinned. 

Moreover, explain why you think the "rumors" have so much credence as to make you conclude they are "true."

I will venture a guess that this is (again) a case of "I believe the rumors because they support my position."

I'll also venture you'll look like foolish trying to prove your case.  [Or foolish by never attempting  . . . ]

647226[/snapback]

I love it how with JP haters, JP is "arrogant and cocky" until proven otherwise, ever tho they have no basis fr their claims, except chris robinson and other rumors.

I love it how with JP haters, JP is "arrogant and cocky" until proven otherwise, ever tho they have no basis fr their claims, except chris robinson and other rumors.

647251[/snapback]

The point of this thread was not to bash Losman. The point of the thread was to state that if Marv were to trade Losman, I believe he would be doing it in the best interest of the team. Based off of Losman's play last year, the kid proved he has some talent so I can only conclude that he would be traded due to character issues. As for "rumors" about his character I have heard, I am not SOPRANO and have no desire to be. I'm sure what I have heard are the same things any Buffalonian hears down at the local pub. The interesting thing about it is I started to hear about his character issues right before Vincent broke his leg in camp. Maybe it is all BS, I hope it is. I would hate to see another blown 1st round pick.