A couple points about Losman and Moulds

Gambler

Losman is NOT RESPECTED in the locker room.

I am sure the players have expressed their opinions to the new coaches and management. The team doesn't believe they can win with him.

Losman was Donahoe's baby. The new regime has no loyalty to Losman as a draft pick they must justify or defend.

The possibility of trading Losman does not surprise me at all. The problem is that he has no tradeable value at this point.

Moulds was completely frustrated by the failure of the Bills to address the QB problem and the OL problem.

The frustration was seen many times in the past where Moulds was quoted as saying how disappointed he was that the Bills couldn't find a decent QB to get him the ball since Jim Kelly left the team. He often commented how nice it would have been for him to be in a situation where he could build a long term partnership with one QB (i.e. Kelly-Reed, Montana-Rice, etc.)

Now that he is nearing the end of his career, he is hoping for once last chance to establish some kind of legacy for his playing career. He is convinced it won't be in Buffalo.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say that this has to be the 100th time this has been around.

645921[/snapback]

Actually, officially, only the 94th. But now that you've let the cat out of the bag that we will be giving an award to the 100th, everyone will glom on....

One thing that REALLY needs to be said is that just because we hear from unnamed sources that Losman was not respected as a leader, that could just as well mean they liked him as a guy and thought he was way too green and just not ready to play, and shouldn't have been annointed, as much as he has a ton of talent and is going to be great someday but he's a jerk. I have heard nothing ever from Moulds that implies he doesn't like Losman, or that he thinks Losman is a jerk, or that he doesn't want to play with him. What Moulds said, as well as implied, was that he was not ready to lead this team, and that the veteran Holcomb was. That may or may not be true.

One thing that REALLY needs to be said is that just because we hear from unnamed sources that Losman was not respected as a leader, that could just as well mean they liked him as a guy and thought he was way too green and just not ready to play, and shouldn't have been annointed, as much as he has a ton of talent and is going to be great someday but he's a jerk. I have heard nothing ever from Moulds that implies he doesn't like Losman, or that he thinks Losman is a jerk, or that he doesn't want to play with him. What Moulds said, as well as implied, was that he was not ready to lead this team, and that the veteran Holcomb was. That may or may not be true.

645940[/snapback]

could be JP did not want to play with moulds .

Losman is NOT RESPECTED in the locker room.

I am sure the players have expressed their opinions to the new coaches and management. The team doesn't believe they can win with him.

Losman was Donahoe's baby. The new regime has no loyalty to Losman as a draft pick they must justify or defend.

The possibility of trading Losman does not surprise me at all. The problem is that he has no tradeable value at this point.

Moulds was completely frustrated by the failure of the Bills to address the QB problem and the OL problem.

The frustration was seen many times in the past where Moulds was quoted as saying how disappointed he was that the Bills couldn't find a decent QB to get him the ball since Jim Kelly left the team. He often commented how nice it would have been for him to be in a situation where he could build a long term partnership with one QB (i.e. Kelly-Reed, Montana-Rice, etc.)

Now that he is nearing the end of his career, he is hoping for once last chance to establish some kind of legacy for his playing career. He is convinced it won't be in Buffalo.

645915[/snapback]

If this is true, it's amazing how much pull a bunch of lazyass players have on this sorry Buffalo Bills team. I seem to remember a 2005 defense that played like whimps and players on the offensive line that were even worse when it came down to intestinal fortitude. At least Losman look like he was trying and he has the excuse of being thrown to the wolves too early. This team, it's front office and some of the fans here who are grabbing at the pitchforks looking for a scapgoat on a team that if full of losers sicken me.

Mould's opinions really doesn't matter much at this point. He is not exactly Jerry Rice and it appears the rest of the league doesn't think much of his abilities at 33 years old. The only person talking right now is his advisory and not NFL GMs. Remember, Jimmy Smith is 35 or 36 and still kicks a lot of ass.

I agree that JP must be a handful in locker room because these rumors date back to draft day. In addition, he was kicked off of the UCLA team his freshman year for similar problems. Combine him with Mike Williams and it really brings into question what in the hell were Tom Donahoe and are current director of college scouting asking during the interview process?

Mould's opinions really doesn't matter much at this point. He is not exactly Jerry Rice and it appears the rest of the league doesn't think much of his abilities at 33 years old. The only person talking right now is his advisory and not NFL GMs. Remember, Jimmy Smith is 35 or 36 and still kicks a lot of ass.

I agree that JP must be a handful in locker room because these rumors date back to draft day. In addition, he was kicked off of the UCLA team his freshman year for similar problems. Combine him with Mike Williams and it really brings into question what in the hell were Tom Donahoe and are current director of college scouting asking during the interview process?

645956[/snapback]

Great post PtP! Now, where does this leave the 06 Bills?

645956[/snapback]

Whered you hear Losman was "kicked off" UCLA? link please? As far as i know, he transferred to Tulane because he wasnt going to start at UCLA. How does transferring = kicked off make sense? I guess it does if you are a blind JP hater.

Let's review a few things that happened last year...

1. In the Saints game, with the score still close in the first half, JP threw the ball deep, while Eric cut his route off. The ball was easily intercepted and the Saints went on to beat the Bills handily. After the game, JP took the company line that he and Moulds simply were not on the same page for that play, while Moulds made it a point to emphasize that HE ran the right route and the INT was all JP's fault. I have no doubt that Moulds did, in fact, run the right route, but it was not necessary for him to emphasize that JP was in error.

2. When MM was trying to keep the switch to Holcomb in Week 5 on the low-down, Moulds could hardly contain himself -- and spilled the beans to the press. Reports circulated that Moulds had gone to MM and pled that they make the shift.

3. In the Miami game with JP finally having what looked to be his breakout game, Moulds sulks because it is Lee Evans that scores 3 TDs. We all know what happened next.

4. The very next game after Moulds' suspension, Holcomb is reinstated as starter, and he keeps the job for the remainder of the season, despite only having one decent performance (against Cinci). But at least Eric is happy.

Now, to me it is clear that EM does not like JP. Maybe he didn't want to have to endure playing with a "rookie" QB at this late state in his career. Maybe the two simply had a personality conflict. Or -- most likely -- maybe just maybe JP felt more comfortable tossing the ball to Lee Evans (and to a lesser degree Josh Reed) than he did to Moulds, which threatened EM. (Maybe EM should remember that he was once the young player who rose to prominance as the aging and sulking Andre Reed became less involved in the offense.) Regardless, it has become abundantly clear that the two cannot co-exist.

Maybe, if the Bills rid themselves of this team "leader", maybe the young QB will manage to find his groove without being B word-slapped.

Whered you hear Losman was "kicked off" UCLA? link please? As far as i know, he transferred to Tulane because he wasnt going to start at UCLA. How does transferring = kicked off make sense? I guess it does if you are a blind JP hater.

645982[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it was a cover up, but everything I've ever read said that JP transfered for playing time...that's it.

Let's review a few things that happened last year...

Again, this is my thought on the situation as well. Though I have no more proof of this than anyone claiming that it's all JP's fault. To me, it's seems like Eric is a whiny little B word who has put up his best numbers with weak armed QB's. I've always like him, but I won't be sad to see him go anymore.

645982[/snapback]

He heard from two nameless UCLA sources!

;);):lol::D

The people around here are starting to make me sick.

I once thought Bills fans had a clue.

645956[/snapback]

Not. He left the team on his own because all his buddies and family were showing up at the practices and he didnt think it was a good environment for him.