Its Official

That is such B.S. Compare what the Broncos received last year, and who they lost, to this single 7th round pick, and who we lost. The NFL won't reveal their secret formula. You tell me...is there bias in the NFL offices?

That is such B.S. Compare what the Broncos received last year, and who they lost, to this single 7th round pick, and who we lost. The NFL won't reveal their secret formula. You tell me...is there bias in the NFL offices?

643737[/snapback]

Could you tell us what happened with Denver last season?

I am NOT arguing the point that you make mind you....I would merely like to read what you are talking about.

Buffalo would have gotten more if it weren't for a few factors

1. Pat Williams making the pro bowl for Minnesota

2. Jonas Jennings being able to play a full season for SF

3. Kelly Holcomb, and Bennie Anderson not starting a bunch of Games for us

The league doesn't care if the player is good for the team they played for originally or what those teams think of the player, its what the player does in their first year with the new team and what kind of deal they sign that determines what the other team gets

We should get atleast a second just for having Bennie on the roster for the full season

I can't say that I'm surprised. Jonas and his injuries come back to haunt us even after we part ways. This also raises one more reason we should have started JP as much as possible last year. I won't even get into Anderson.

Between Jonas's continued shortcomings and Holcombs number of starts and playing time, I'm surprised we got any compensatory picks.

Looks like that guy on the KFFL board nailed it, at least from the Bills' perspective.

643758[/snapback]

I wish I knew what other picks were awareded. As it might help us get rid of Moulds if a team, like Houston, did end up with another 3rd or 4th. If so it could mean they'd be more willing to part with their 4th in order to acquire Moulds.

Could you tell us what happened with Denver last season?

I am NOT arguing the point that you make mind you....I would merely like to read what you are talking about.

643750[/snapback]

Denver

Lost: Reggie Hayward, Kenoy Kennedy, Donnie Spragan

Signed: Stephen Alexander, Keith Burns

Denver lost 3 signed 2, difference of one which is the 4th round they received.

Looks like that guy on the KFFL board nailed it, at least from the Bills' perspective.

643758[/snapback]

Yeah, that guy's pretty sharp.

It still burns me that signing Bennie Anderson likely cost us a third or a fourth round comp pick this year. TD really should have factored that into his decision after we lost JJ and PW to big $$$ deals.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#032706

Bills Get Comp Pick: The Bills were awarded a compensatory pick in this year's draft by the league today. They will get an extra 7th round pick, the 248th overall pick in the draft. The Bills are one of 19 teams to get a comp pick and are one of only three teams to get one without having a net loss in free agency last year. The Bills at this point now have nine picks in the upcoming draft.

I wonder who we will use it on? :P

Ravens | Team receives four comp picks

Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:06:31 -0800

The Baltimore Ravens received four compensatory pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. The picks are No. 35 in the fourth round or No. 132 overall, No. 34 in the fourth round or No. 166 overall, No. 34 in the sixth round or No. 203 overall and No. 39 in the sixth round or No. 208 overall.

So, the Ravens get a higher pick for losing Bennie Anderson than we get because we signed him. Go figure. :P

Following are the compensatory free agents lost and signed by the clubs that will receive compensatory picks in the 2006 NFL Draft:

Baltimore

Lost Bennie Anderson, Gary Baxter, Marques Douglas, Edgerton Hartwell, Casey Rabach, Travis Taylor

Signed Tommy Polley, Keydrick Vincent

Denver

Lost Reggie Hayward, Kenoy Kennedy, Donnie Spragan

Signed Stephen Alexander, Keith Burns

Detroit

Lost Stephen Alexander, Stockar McDougle, Mike McMahon

Signed Rick DeMulling, Kenoy Kennedy

Green Bay

Lost Bhawoh Jue, Marco Rivera

Signed Adrian Klemm

Indianapolis

Lost Rick DeMulling

New England

Lost Joe Andruzzi, Adrian Klemm, David Patten

Signed Monty Beisel

New York Jets

Lost Anthony Becht, Jason Ferguson, LaMont Jordan, Kareem McKenzie

Signed Derrick Blaylock, Barry Gardner, Lance Legree

Philadelphia

Lost Derrick Burgess, Jermane Mayberry, Ike Reese

Signed Mike McMahon

Pittsburgh

Lost Kendrell Bell, Plaxico Burress, Oliver Ross, Keydrick Vincent

Signed Cedrick Wilson

St. Louis

Lost Bryce Fisher, Matt Lehr, Tommy Polley

Signed Chris Claiborne

Tampa Bay

Lost Keith Burns, Cosey Coleman, Chartric Darby, Dwight Smith

Signed Anthony Becht

Tennessee

Lost Andre Dyson, Shad Meier, Antowain Smith

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341500

Am I the only one who thinks that this whole comp pick thing is complete bogus? You lose players cause your too cheap, can't afford them or what to go in a different direction at that position.. Right? Isn't that the result of bad cap management or just being stupid with your players? So why does the NFL feel they have to benefit teams with extra picks for there decisions or lack there of? I just don't get it to me it's ridiculous.

No not so much that...but I firmly believe the NFL caters to the bigger, more popular markets

643754[/snapback]

the fact that the NFL keeps the "secret formula" for comp picks so closely guarded screams bull sh--.