The Sky Is Falling...Ahhhh.........

CJPearl2

You people need to take a deep breath and settle down. There is a lot of time to pick up players, obtain players via the draft and trade people. Just because we missed out on Ryan Pickett (he is really that good?) doesn't mean we are going to have a bad year.

Let's put it this way...if our whole season depended on signing Pickett, then it wasn't much of a strategy, and you have every right to panic.

I have to believe that Marv has a plan B. Losing out on Pickett hurts, but we are 3 up and 1 down in FA so far. Let's see what else the Golden Boys can do before we flush the season.

PTR

You people need to take a deep breath and settle down. There is a lot of time to pick up players, obtain players via the draft and trade people. Just because we missed out on Ryan Pickett (he is really that good?) doesn't mean we are going to have a bad year.

631052[/snapback]

but...but...but...but you dont understand!

Buffalo should have spent $85 million on a guard and center! the rest of the team be damned!

I swear some of the posters would field a team of 11 o-linemen if hey could.

631052[/snapback]

NEWS ALERT:.......That sky has already fallen (with last years pathetic players), its a matter of lifting it back off of us!

Buffalo should have spent $85 million on a guard and center! the rest of the team be damned!

631069[/snapback]

Wrong!.we only need ten OLinemen.......and an experienced QB wouldn`t hurt! :)

631052[/snapback]

You are totally correct. It's not like Pickett was a probowler or anything like that. There are still other FA's out there, possible draftees, and maybe even some June 1st cuts! So, with that being said, tomorrow morning I am going to wake up and continue to support my Buffalo Bills!

NEWS ALERT:.......That sky has already fallen (with last years pathetic players), its a matter of lifting it back off of us!

631076[/snapback]

Exactly, lol. But hey, we're saving money for Ralph. Who wants a home playoff game anyway? Imagine how much it's gotta cost to print all of those playoff tickets. We'll show em.

And they'd all have cool nicknames like 'Hutch' and 'Brick'

631163[/snapback]

:) - or "Fraud Monitoring"... :w00t:

631052[/snapback]

This group better get involved here or will all the throwaways. Getting tired watching these morons.

Anybody find it odd that only ESPN is reporting Pickett as signed by Green Bay?

Word travels fast nowadays and the fact that nobody else has said boo on it, makes it seem fishy.

Anybody remember the whole Damian Woody to Buffalo ESPN report a couple years ago?

Anybody find it odd that only ESPN is reporting Pickett as signed by Green Bay?

Word travels fast nowadays and the fact that nobody else has said boo on it, makes it seem fishy.

Anybody remember the whole Damian Woody to Buffalo ESPN report a couple years ago?

631415[/snapback]

I've been looking for someone else to report it since about 3:30 PM - no one has except...

Packers appear to be picking Pickett over Jackson

Strange that it hasn't shown up on NFL, FOX, KFFL, or the Packers' own site.

I've been looking for someone else to report it since about 3:30 PM - no one has except...

Packers appear to be picking Pickett over Jackson 

Strange that it hasn't shown up on NFL, FOX, KFFL, or the Packers' own site.

631452[/snapback]

That story is based on ESPN's report.

I'm just trying to be optimistic and all because I think Pickett would be a pretty good fit, that way we can spend our draft picks on offensive lineman.

That's funny, really.

To me, were about 3 up and 10 down. You're forgetting every top of the line OL and DL prospect available. :lol:

631464[/snapback]

They may have been good prospects, but their cap numbers were quite high, and I think that the Bills have a lot less to spend than has been reported. Some sources said 12 milion, some said 2 million. Actually, has it ever been really confirmed as to how much was available? I think it's a lot less then 12 million, only from the standpoint that this team was beginning to age pretty quickly given Donahoe's penchant for making a "splash" in free agency.

631069[/snapback]

but..but...but...but we've got Marv! 0:)

I said it before, the going rate for a young All Pro interior lineman was $5M per when the cap was about $70M, now the cap is up 50%, and wadduya know, now they are demanding, and GETTING almost $7M per. :lol:

I'm sick and tired of people complaining about people complaining. We have witnessed a 5 year train wreck in front of our very eyes and it's not getting any better. When would a good time to complain be? Why do the Bills always do this? Almost every other team at least gives the apperance of trying to get better and the Bills sign three crap players. It's always- WAIT, WAIT, WAIT just a little longer-here's some crap, then we suck and then it's just wait some more. GO SABRES!

When would a good time to complain be? Why do the Bills always do this? Almost every other team at least gives the apperance of trying to get better and the Bills sign three crap players.

631641[/snapback]

If the Bills are win-less after week 3, I think that would probably be a good time to complain. OTOH - if they're 3 and 0, I guess everyone will sing Marv's praise. (OK, probably not - folks will just find something else to whine about - like the uniforms, or the Jills.)

OK, sounds like you're a bit tired of waiting - we all are - but we have a new front office and coaching staff, so why not wait for the finished product before coming totally unglued? I think Davis-Triplett-Royal is an upgrade over Reed-Edwards-Campbell, no? I'm also thinking that there's more work to be done in free agency, plus a draft, plus trades, plus cuts from other teams.

The Bills will be competitive this Fall - count on it. :lol:

We have witnessed a 5 year train wreck in front of our very eyes and it's not getting any better.

631641[/snapback]

You know what? I don't have a problem with people complaining, to each is own I guess.

But how do you know this is not getting any better? Because we didn't sign every FA in the market?

Have a little faith in the new regime.

631052[/snapback]

I am always amazed when people cant see whats happening. Royal, Tripplett and Davis dont do a thing for me. Marv is signing second tier players when this team is in desperate need of top tier players.

You're right, there is still a lot of time to continue to get backup players like the players they've already signed and continue to bring in. This team needs talent more then they need depth. Did they even try to bring in Bentley, Howard or anyone of that caliber?

Did you actually say trade people? How often do you see quality players traded? Portis for Bailey doesnt happen often.

What makes you think this team will have a good year?

No QB

A way too conservative head coach that has one winning season under his belt

Terrible offensive line

Weak pass rush

Who is going to play SS ( and if you say Wire you should just stop watching football )

Do you have confidence in Andre Davis to be the #2 WR once Moulds is cut

Fans are looking at the big picture, maybe you should too

I am always amazed when people cant see whats happening. Royal, Tripplett and Davis dont do a thing for me. Marv is signing second tier players when this team is in desperate need of top tier players.

You're right, there is still a lot of time to continue to get backup players like the players they've already signed and continue to bring in. This team needs talent more then they need depth. Did they even try to bring in Bentley, Howard or anyone of that caliber?

Did you actually say trade people? How often do you see quality players traded? Portis for Bailey doesnt happen often.

What makes you think this team will have a good year?

No QB

A way too conservative head coach that has one winning season under his belt

Terrible offensive line

Weak pass rush

Who is going to play SS ( and if you say Wire you should just stop watching football )

Do you have confidence in Andre Davis to be the #2 WR once Moulds is cut

Fans are looking at the big picture, maybe you should too

631760[/snapback]

Geez, I didn't think I was a dropout. Maybe I am.

Honestly, I don't know who the Bills "tried" to bring in. Do you? Typically, teams don't announce when they've invited a player if the guy declines the invitation. It was widely speculated that the Bills might have problems recruiting free agents - maybe they are.

This team is one year removed from having the best defense in the NFL, special teams continue to be the best, and we have a new and vastly improved (I think) front office and coaching staff. We were 5-11, losing a couple of heart-breakers thanks to some bone-headed coaching decisions that I don't think will be repeated. We beat the Bengals, and almost upset the Patriots. I definitely believe we'll be very competitive this season.

No QB? JP's played eight games, ferchrissakes! How good was Favre in his first year? Or Bradshaw? Or Eli Manning? Give Losman a chance, will ya? I think he'll be fine.

Likewise with Jauron - I think he'll be great. Levy had a losing record when he came here - now he's in the Hall of Fame. Belichick sucked in Cleveland - my God, they used to hold up signs that read "Beavis and Belichick" - how's he done lately?

Davis as #2? No...I think he'll be #3 behind Moulds and Evans, and I think he's an upgrade from Reed.

You speak as though only the last 4 or 5 days consititutes the whole "big picture". You're right - both lines, strong safety, and other issues remain - that's why I'm waiting for the "big picture" to be completed. Sources deep within OBD have indicated that we will acquire some new players on April 29-30. Yeah, blockbuster trades don't happen every day. We don't need them to - one (Cornelius Bennett comes to mind) will be fine - or maybe we won't need one at all.

Yeah, I think the Bills will be pretty good this season, and will surprise a lot of people.

Geez, I didn't think I was a dropout.  Maybe I am.

Honestly, I don't know who the Bills "tried" to bring in. Do you? Typically, teams don't announce when they've invited a player if the guy declines the invitation.  It was widely speculated that the Bills might have problems recruiting free agents - maybe they are.

This team is one year removed from having the best defense in the NFL, special teams continue to be the best, and we have a new and vastly improved (I think) front office and coaching staff.  We were 5-11, losing a couple of heart-breakers thanks to some bone-headed coaching decisions that I don't think will be repeated.  We beat the Bengals, and almost upset the Patriots.  I definitely believe we'll be very competitive this season.

No QB? JP's played eight games, ferchrissakes!  How good was Favre in his first year?  Or Bradshaw?  Or Eli Manning?  Give Losman a chance, will ya?  I think he'll be fine.

Likewise with Jauron - I think he'll be great.  Levy had a losing record when he came here - now he's in the Hall of Fame.  Belichick sucked in Cleveland - my God, they used to hold up signs that read "Beavis and Belichick" - how's he done lately?

Davis as #2?  No...I think he'll be #3 behind Moulds and Evans, and I think he's an upgrade from Reed.

You speak as though only the last 4 or 5 days consititutes the whole "big picture". You're right - both lines, strong safety, and other issues remain - that's why I'm waiting for the "big picture" to be completed.  Sources deep within OBD have indicated that we will acquire some new players on April 29-30.  Yeah, blockbuster trades don't happen every day.  We don't need them to - one (Cornelius Bennett comes to mind) will be fine - or maybe we won't need one at all.

Yeah, I think the Bills will be pretty good this season, and will surprise a lot of people.

632049[/snapback]

the generic response that all the blind loyalists give when the fans are not happy, we dont know what their plans are and who they try and bring in....maybe you should read a little more because KFFL always seems to know what players are visiting which teams and who has declined visits. Look at what the Titans and the Browns are doing, trying to improve by bringing in high quality players

as of now the team doesnt have a proven QB....YES OR NO?

JP could be good but as of now this team doesnt have a QB

you think Jauron will be great, based on what?

Cornelius Bennett trade happened in what '87 almost 20 years ago and you bring it up...trades like that dont happen often

the last 4 or 5 days gives us an idea of what their plans actually are and what type of players they are going after...guess you cant see that

you think the Bills will be pretty good this season, and will surprise a lot of people...again what is this based on? pure optimism?

in case you are still confused, here are the next two players the Bills have brought in....look familiar?

Visiting today is Washington DB Matt Bowen and Detroit DE Jared DeVries. Bowen plays strong safety and is a possible replacement for Lawyer Milloy. He has six years experience with St. Louis, Green Bay, and the last three years with the Redskins. He has four career interceptions, including three in 2003 which was his best season. That year he also had a career high 83 tackles. He had 14 tackles in 13 games last year for Washington. He played mostly as a reserve last year and is considered a good special teams player. DeVries is a seven year veteran, all with the Lions. He has eight career sacks, including three last year to go along with 22 tackles. He is also a solid special teams performer.

the generic response that all the blind loyalists give when the fans are not happy, we dont know what their plans are and who they try and bring in....maybe you should read a little more because KFFL always seems to know what players are visiting which teams and who has declined visits. Look at what the Titans and the Browns are doing, trying to improve by bringing in high quality players

Cornelius Bennett trade happened in what '87 almost 20 years ago and you bring it up...trades like that dont happen often

the last 4 or 5 days gives us an idea of what their plans actually are and what type of players they are going after...guess you cant see that

you think the Bills will be pretty good this season, and will surprise a lot of people...again what is this based on? pure optimism?

632181[/snapback]

Geez, I didn't think I was a dropout. Maybe I am.

So to be sure, I went and re-checked KFFL - which I often check - and I couldn't find a single report of a player declining to visit a team. (OK, I only re-checked the first 5 pages, but that pretty much took me back to the beginning of free agency.) Yeah, they report lots of stuff - stuff like that a player is going to have dinner with a GM, a contract is being negotiated, a team is no longer interested, etc., etc., but couldn't find an instance where they reported that a player was invited, but declined. Not a single one. Maybe you can help me there.

(BTW - they still haven't reported that Pickett signed with Green Bay. Maybe we will still get him - that would help the D-line, no?)

Anyway, I didn't mean to get into a pissing contest with anyone - sorry if I offended you. If you prefer to be negative, that's your prerogative. Seems less enjoyable, but hey - it's a free country.

Cheers.

632181[/snapback]

And your giving the generic, "Self proclaimed Real Bills Fan" response that the sky is falling and everything is doom and gloom.

The Browns have almost twice the cap room Buffalo does, so they overpayed for some name players. Buffalo is taking the aproach of signining some younger under the radar players that will come less expensive and become great players. But the Browns signed Bentley so they most be better. I don't remember hearing any other team having an interview with the guy, only early reports a deal was made with the Eagles (which didn't happen). The guy signed with his hometown team, a team he said he probably would sign with before he even became a FA.

What makes KFFL so great and wise? Do they have wire taps on all the GM and players phones? They find out what teams release to the public.

Does this team have a proven QB, who knows, we only gave him 8 games to prove himself last year, and Holcomb is probably one of the best backups in the league right now, I really don't get worried if he has to come into a game. Did the Giants go into last season with a proven QB? they seemed to do alright

You thin Jauron will be horrible next year, Based on what? His previous record. As stated before, Levy, Belichick, they had losing records before going on to have winning ones. But I guess things can't change. But Jaurons previous teams were the bears and Lions, 2 teams that were only a good coach away from the SB, right? Look at Mariucci, the guy had a decent record in SF, and looked horrible with the lions. I guess you can only go from good to bad, not the other way around (unless you belichick, then we forget you even had bad years)

I will give you the fact that trades don't happen much in the NFL but they do happen (just usually for picks) who says we can't trade moulds to a team who is looking to unload one of their unhappy players?

What are you basing the fact that the bills will be horrible next year, Cause we didn't sign Bentley or overpay for any other Overly hyped player someone on this board wanted? I don't think there is anyone on this board that seriously believes the bills will be in the SB next year, but atleast there are some FANS that are willing to give them a chance to prove themselves first before we start calling for everyones heads. There is an entirely different coaching staff in place, some of the deadweight players have been cut (I said some, still haven't seen Bennie cut) and its a fresh start come September. ATLEAST give the team til after the draft to start showing some concern about the direction they are heading in.

But what do I know, I'm just a blind Loyalist I guess (But I like to call myself an actual Bills fan, and will show the team some support)