Bills Bringing in 3rd QB Option

IDBillzFan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!

(Actually, I can think of quite a few worse options than Garcia. Considering he's busted a leg on each of his last two visits to RWS, though, I'm not so sure he'd WANT to try for #3...)

609766[/snapback]

Ah yes...I understand.

I would not want to break my "third leg" either.

:devil:

2006 5th round draft pick:  Erik Meyer

I would then cut Shane Matthews and bring in Jay Fiedler to compete also.

609636[/snapback]

Reading my mock draft I see. In terms of free agents, I think the most obvious choice would be Jaime Martin. He's cheap, has some starting experience (last year due to injury) and familiar with Fairchild by working together in St Louis.

Reading my mock draft I see.  In terms of free agents, I think the most obvious choice would be Jaime Martin. He's cheap, has some starting experience (last year due to injury) and familiar with Fairchild by working together in St Louis.

609896[/snapback]

actually no....but, i was reading a list of QBs the other day, and i came across his name. i liked that the scouting reports had a lot of positives and the only negative was that he hadn't played top competition.

Marv on the NFL Network today went out of his way to imply they weren't bringing in a QB to compete as a starter, and he surely sounded like it was Losman's job to lose. He didn't even sound that confident in Holcomb, who he said did "an admirable job", and mentioned him almost as if an afterthought. He implied they would consider drafting a QB in the late rounds to develop and possibly a no name FA. You can link it through Packers.com at the 40 minute mark (thanks to Mark)

Cut Hole-Cum and sign Kitna.

Cut Mathews and bring in a 6th round pick-someone like...hmmm, lets see, Tom Brady

Seriously I see NO REASON to go with Holcomb....Hes average at best and see very little upside long term.

610515[/snapback]

I wouldn't consider Kitna. He has all the guts in the world, but coming off the bench in '04 and '05, his play was less than scintillating...

You pretty much have to commit to a shorter pass game - using the TE a fair amount, and if the OC abandons the run game (which they all seem to do, sooner or later), expect interceptions.

He's a decent player if you tune your offense to his skills - but for a guy off the bench, I'd look elsewhere.